• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's never going to be the run, is it?

Tomorrow is going to be THE run, I can feel it. Dan is going to be super focused tomorrow after what happened today. Vinny is gonna go crazy again and just get it done, like with the energy zone boss. #Believe

Meanwhile, Dan needs to embrace Babidi's magic. It is time for Lance Trebuchet to power up.

(That's what the B in Contra means. YOU WILL BE INVINCIBLE!)

Jintor

the bombcast is overall okay but there was a moment there when they were talking about mice and i very nearly fell asleep while walking to the train station to get home

Remember when Konami teased a new Contra game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMi_63T9lHw

I wonder who was even going to make that.

this is probably a shit opinion but I think the series has had a pretty good run and doesn't really need to continue

they had their more open and fleshed out game with Hard Corps, reinvented the wheel with Neo Contra (which was actually pretty good), had their throwback moment with ReBirth

I don't really see anything else for the series to do, and any innovations or radical changes to the formula can be implemented in a different series

and the same goes for Castlevania

I guess the actual problem is that we don't see many solid run-and-guns these days, let alone Contras

this is probably a shit opinion but I think the series has had a pretty good run and doesn't really need to continue

they had their more open and fleshed out game with Hard Corps, reinvented the wheel with Neo Contra (which was actually pretty good), had their throwback moment with ReBirth

I don't really see anything else for the series to do, and any innovations or radical changes to the formula can be implemented in a different series

and the same goes for Castlevania

I guess the actual problem is that we don't see many solid run-and-guns these days, let alone Contras

No, the thing I liked a child must last forever and ever!

derFeef

Already posted I guess?

C28No7gXgAEB65m.jpg

This is the Run: Final Fight (CD since the SNES version is shit)
This is the Run: Sunset Riders
This is the Run: Smash TV
This is the Run: Any number of light gun shooters
This is the Run: Altered Beast (shit game but I'd love to see them work their way through it)
Radiant SilverRun

I also want them to try Contra: Hard Corps just once to see how much it'd be like the Normandy Beach scene from Saving Private Ryan

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, something about being chased by a psychopath with a deep South accent seems funny to me, but i guess I'm not the right race to be scared by that.

Jintor

eyyyyyyy m8 u ready for straya day i got some sick tinnies in the esky ready for a proper cookup also i got me this mad chainsaw to chase u carnts around wit' so youse all ready or what

I've never been sold and unsold on a game as quickly as RE7. What seemed like a really tense, more Silent Hill like experience turned into just running around in circles.

On brighter news, Vinny is a featured contract now and that's cool.

Man the Bombcast is so plain these days.

The glory years of Vinny, Patrick, Jeff, Ryan and Brad is a distant memory :(

When the host regularly hijacks the show to talk about a boring game/shuts down any of the craziness that used to happen, this is bound to be the outcome. Brad hates tangents and risque humor and fun.

GBEAST is much better than Giant Bomb West. This is the Run is great. I don't even know what West can do to get back to #1 in my eyes. They need a Dan or a Vinny. The East crew is more appealing to me.

derFeef

GBEAST is much better than Giant Bomb West. This is the Run is great. I don't even know what West can do to get back to #1 in my eyes. They need a Dan or a Vinny. The East crew is more appealing to me.

Well, the Hitman contend originated there, but I guess Dan initiated it (or was part of it). We need something new outside of West for sure. I can't think of anything right now... maybe a Brad Dead Rising run.. I know not super exciting but I would watch it. ... I am out of ideas, heh.

DuffDry

I rarely post here, but Vinny and Dan are a FANTASTIC pair. They are far and away producing my favorite content lately. Their banter during Blue Bombin' is really what I tune in for.

West has tons of opportunity, though. I really like the idea of Brad sitting down with Drew for some Final Fantasy VI.

Already posted I guess?

I tried it.

Any way to get the sheik out of the auction or is he stuck there after he gets there?

Other then that I did everything else.

Wacked the guy with the fire axe when he was walking out for the fireworks. His body guard didnt even see me do it.

West has tons of opportunity, though. I really like the idea of Brad sitting down with Drew for some Final Fantasy VI.

There's loads of potential, but none of it is worth anything if they're not actually doing stuff.

That said, Vinny, Dan and Alex have been pulling enough weight for the entire site lately.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Fucking san franciscans.

Sous viding eggs just to make ramen eggs? Just do it normally you weirdos. You can make perfectly fine ramen eggs without sous vide.

Yeah! You west coast elitists with your perfectly cooked to a specific temperature eggs and your fancy french named kitchen equipment! Why don't you cook like normal people. Food technology should never evolve! Trump will ban sous vide!

I own a Joule and can't imagine not using for meat. Still need to try eggs. :)

repeater

Are you ready for the Caravella conundrum?
Is this the batteries thing again??

You will be ashamed of your words and deeds once we get the Jeff/Brad
/Rorie
Persona 5 Endurance run.

Peru

Only now got around to Perfume on UPF. Crazy that in their 17th year they finally dazzle Drew. Obviously Jeff already knew.

When the host regularly hijacks the show to talk about a boring game/shuts down any of the craziness that used to happen, this is bound to be the outcome. Brad hates tangents and risque humor and fun.

Even if Brad was a better host, there's only so much you can do with Rorie and Jason.

pizzacat

Banned
I dunno, something about being chased by a psychopath with a deep South accent seems funny to me, but i guess I'm not the right race to be scared by that.
The game really seems like the writers to the Texas chainsaw massacre with matthew mccougnhey(?) Played REmake and silent Hill 2 and was like "OHHHH THIS WORKS BETTER AS A GAME"

this dude started doing donuts in the garage and peeled his fucking skin off with fire after cutting my leg off and healing it with first aid why is this game so good

I honestly think Brad as the host was the best thing to happen to the Bombcast in the post-Ryan era. Jeff is funnier when he's not hosting. West is just lacking in some personalities at the moment and Will Smith actively makes everything he's in worse so I get why people have been finding the Bombcast more boring. I loved the Beastcast when Austin was there, now I'm not sure which I prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom