• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Go in with an open mind and use your guns like in Bloodborne. It's all about melee. It's a pretty good game that way.
I just stppped playing RE6. Went back to Stardew Valley. It's quieter there.

Mupod

I need more Dan playing horror games. I'm counting Contra as a horror game based on how stressed out he gets over it.

Wait.

Does Rorie play WoW? I DIDN"T KNOW

he's a super casual player but that still makes him the office expert, I guess. I keep thinking that even the basic jargon he uses probably gets annoying really fast to people who don't play WoW and might not know what 'LFR' or other terms mean.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
While I agree it didn't bother me, at least not in this context, I think having friends that make games come on shows isn't even close to talking about games that GB guys are involved with. Frankly given the nature of big companies I'm shocked that CBSi would allow it.

Doing a small voice acting gig for game isn't that shocking to me tbh. Especially when they talk about it months after the release for like 2 minutes and a guest brought it up.

Is this one of these pyramid schemes I've heard so much about?

Xater

I have only 2 chapters left in Yakuza 0 and my game time is a little over 50 hours already. The game says I am at around 50 percent completion rare. This feature will take forever if Alex and Dan will play it once a week.

That bar is going to be a total shitshow and nightmare of overflow GB folks who tried but can't get in, lingering Broadway crowds, and throw a wrestling event in there, too.

I hope it gets Facebook Live'd (tm)

Strax

Doing a small voice acting gig for game isn't that shocking to me tbh. Especially when they talk about it months after the release for like 2 minutes and a guest brought it up.

I'm saying not Dan was in the wrong for doing it or Jeff for allowing it. It's more that companies don't like their employees to work for other comapanies in related fields, no matter how small it is because it can open up a can of worms on where the limits are.

repeater

First he got Will and Jason to shill for his very own game on the Bombcast.
Now he's running an illegal gambling operation on the East coast, threatening the livelihood of decent bar owners.

Crooked "Dirty" Dan Ryckert.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Didn't that risk go away the WWE Network?

I assume you don't get broadcast rights with a network subscription. I don't know how their licensing works, but for UFC as an example a venue playing a PPV card needs to pay based on maximum occupancy to show it.And they are still broadcast on TV as far as I know, so presumably the WWE would want to collect based on TV prices.

bigkrev

Here is the message that appears before live PPVs on the Network
latest

It's illegal for you to charge people to watch the PPV unless you are paying a license fee (this is usually hundreds-thousands of dollars)

bjork

Someone can parse it out better than I can, but:

WWE FAQ said:
The textual, photographic, video, audio, and combined audiovisual programs and products resulting from the WWE, Inc.’s events and television programs, including the material contained in this web site, are protected under U.S. and international laws as copyrighted works. Anyone who displays, reproduces, copies, creates derivative works, or sells our textual, photographic, video or audiovisual programs for commercial or non-commercial purposes without our permission violates the copyright laws and is liable for copyright infringement.

Likewise, the WWE, Inc.’s trademarks and service marks, including not only its world famous WWE and WWE marks, but also the names of its superstars, like Stone Cold Steve Austin are protected by state, federal, and international trademark laws. Any person who uses our marks for commercial or non-commercial purposes without our permission on goods or services in such a way that it dilutes the distinctive quality of our marks or that creates the likelihood of confusion with our marks is liable for trademark infringement.

Liability for copyright or trademark infringement involves the potential for significant civil damages, including in particular cases, statutory damages, liability for up to three times actual damages, and attorneys fees.

If you have any questions regarding this notice, please send an e-mail to permission@wwe.com

Maybe he got permission, who knows.

tesqui

They should check out the PC version of RE7 on that 1080p stream! (Honestly just want them to witness the fucking insanity that is the beginning of that game.)

Here is the message that appears before live PPVs on the Network
latest

It's illegal for you to charge people to watch the PPV unless you are paying a license fee (this is usually hundreds-thousands of dollars)

The tickets for Dan's Royal Rumble party are free. The $10 he's charging all goes to the person whose entrant wins the Royal Rumble. It's no different than fantasy football, Super Bowl Squares, and March Madness tournament brackets

AngryMoth

I have only 2 chapters left in Yakuza 0 and my game time is a little over 50 hours already. The game says I am at around 50 percent completion rare. This feature will take forever if Alex and Dan will play it once a week.
Yeah those games are pretty long. Did they say they wanna do the whole series? Cos that seriously will take forever at a rate of 1 video a week, there's like 8 of them haha

bjork

We're talkin bout Dan Ryckert here, not some fancy pants lawyer fella.

I could see that dude hauled into court and being like, "aw shucks judge, I asked Xavier if it was okay and he said yeah, and he works for wwe, so that's permission" and then the judge being some guy who hates Canseco and so case dismissed.

Dan Ryckert is Gladstone Gander in human form. It's infuriating sometimes.

Strax

I could see that dude hauled into court and being like, "aw shucks judge, I asked Xavier if it was okay and he said yeah, and he works for wwe, so that's permission" and then the judge being some guy who hates Canseco and so case dismissed.

Dan Ryckert is Gladstone Gander in human form. It's infuriating sometimes.

Do people in US know who Gladstone is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom