• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
They only talked about it

Can they never ever talk about or nor mention extra-curricular games that the crews been in? That's stupid.

Honestly its not a huge deal to me, But IMHO they should be in games, regardless of wether they are true journalists or whatever you want to view them as, They cover games and being in the games and then covering the games is a slippery slope they don't need to go into.

It's one thing how they are pals with game developers they are super open about their relationships as they make for great #content but actually being in the games just seems greasy to me.

This isn't about ethics in journalism or any kind of bullshit MRA agenda crap. It just seems greasy to me and I feel the GB crew is above that shit.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I've defended a few other outlets and some personalities here before, but Hip Hop Gamer is just a hypeman bigot.

edit: He only played the first hour...

popo

Does this count as a video game movie?

"Some folks stuck around after a woman chewed on concrete until her teeth disintegrated, but still peaced out when an alien creature force-yanked a foetus from another woman's womb (accompanied by a Mortal Kombat sound clip: 'Get over here!"), then smoked the tiny corpse."

http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/25/14380160/kuso-review-sundance-2017-flying-lotus (NSFW)

How does it handle YouTube 1080p 60? I know YouTube doesn't use the best compression, but still...

It is less the compression and more the shitty bitrate youtube claims is HD.

There isn't much point GB moving to 1080 if they are not doing at least 4000 kps.

Mupod

I want to give RE6 another go but convincing my friend to go through it with me in co-op on PC is the only way that's gonna happen. I'll probably buy it for him when I see it for cheap.

I don't hate its combat system, and I understand it just fine, but RE5 just felt so much better. RE5's melee system is amazingly satisfying especially in co-op.

robotrock

Banned
What he said was nonsense. Guns in Bloodborne work nothing like guns in RE7 or RE4.

More useful advice is: If you can't aim, then don't play games that require aiming.

What is with you and this aiming nonsense? I have seen you bring it up at least twice here now.

RE4 enemies seem to be bullet sponges that you can stun with bullets and effectively melee them. Is it really so hard to see the Bloodborne comparison here?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What is with you and this aiming nonsense? I have seen you bring it up at least twice here now.

RE4 enemies seem to be bullet sponges that you can stun with bullets and effectively melee them. Is it really so hard to see the Bloodborne comparison here?
It's also just plain wrong. If you play RE6 like a standard shooter, you will constantly run out of bullets. You're supposed to stun enemies and then melee them.

I want to give RE6 another go but convincing my friend to go through it with me in co-op on PC is the only way that's gonna happen. I'll probably buy it for him when I see it for cheap.

I don't hate its combat system, and I understand it just fine, but RE5 just felt so much better. RE5's melee system is amazingly satisfying especially in co-op.

The combat in RE6 is actually pretty deep. You can do all the melee stuff that you can do in RE5, but then you can also dive in any direction and roll on the ground and stuff. It's actually pretty satisfying.

kvothe

I'm sure it's been considered before, but would it be possible for the GB staff to come in later and work later into the night? The "live" part of their streams isn't the most essential element, but I'm sure they'd be more popular if they could push them later vs. doing them in the afternoon of a workday.

So new and fresh for GBW....

pfMSyXn.png

Even though Beast does it all the time for Quick Looks

Bladelaw

I'm sure it's been considered before, but would it be possible for the GB staff to come in later and work later into the night? The "live" part of their streams isn't the most essential element, but I'm sure they'd be more popular if they could push them later vs. doing them in the afternoon of a workday.

Given that more than a few of them rely on public transit to get to the office I think their work schedules are more dictated by that. It'd be nice to actually catch a live stream...live though. The Extra Life streams are pretty much the only time a catch something as it happens.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Does this indestructible old man just chase me through the entirety of RE7? I'm only about 2 hours in and it's already super annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom