• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

Watching TiTR for the first time. Episode 9. Did I miss something?
This is some strafer-level troll/obliviousness.

You missed the whole progress from the past episodes!
There also some surprising actions and moments in episode 1-8. If you did not care much about episode 9, I suggest to watch the inevitable Best of This is the Run: Contra.

oti

Banned
This is some strafer-level troll/obliviousness.

You missed the whole progress from the past episodes!
There also some surprising actions and moments in episode 1-8. If you did not care much about episode 9, I suggest to watch the inevitable Best of This is the Run: Contra.

It is? This is about them playing through the game in one run, right? Don't care too much about Contra so I haven't checked it out yet. Is this like them trying to finish a Mario Maker stage they made?

jaina

It is? This is about them playing through the game in one run, right? Don't care too much about Contra so I haven't checked it out yet. Is this like them trying to finish a Mario Maker stage they made?
The Mario Maker upload is an alright comparison. On top of that they don't know what the game does to fuck them over in new areas (which is fun for the audience).
Also Vinny and Dan are *very* engaged in all of the videos, which is not always the case for a quick look or episode of an Endurance Run.
None of the videos felt long or boring, even the repeated early levels. And the story "arc" is a well-written script by the universe.
I haven't cared about the game Contra in the past, by the way.

oti

Banned
The Mario Maker upload is an alright comparison. On top of that they don't know what the game does to fuck them over in new areas (which is fun for the audience).
Also Vinny and Dan are *very* engaged in all of the videos, which is not always the case for a quick look or episode of an Endurance Run.
None of the videos felt long or boring, even the repeated early levels. And the story "arc" is a well-written script by the universe.
I haven't cared about the game Contra in the past, by the way.

Alright. I'll start from the beginning then.

convo

Do we know when they are going to start the Yakuza series? And do we know if they are starting with 0 or 1 first?

According to Alex a week after Y0 released:https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/821434424306892800
So there is that and in later tweets he said it's going to be a weekly premium thing since they are going to take their time with it which they should. Advice can actually be given out to them in this format i think.

jaina

Alright. I'll start from the beginning then.
Thanks, hopefully I don't waste your time

According to Alex a week after Y0 released:https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/821434424306892800
So there is that and in later tweets he said it's going to be a weekly premium thing since they are going to take their time with it which they should. Advice can actually be given out to them in this format i think.

Weekly premium sounds more like production fast track to me.

The UPF call-in show worked out great this time. If you enjoy most Bombcast episodes. Outbound calls with Drew screening texted questions is alright. The British Isles staying up late.

Gurrry

About to make the trip to San Antonio for PAX and then the Rumble on Sunday. Couldnt sleep worth a shit last night.

I really wish Giant Bomb would come back to PAX south eventually though! This week wouldve been perfect considering theres wrassling going on.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
bAkEq64.png

I did it! I will really give the ginger candy + first person game a go for real today to see if I get motion sick.

Gurrry

bAkEq64.png

I did it! I will really give the ginger candy + first person game a go for real today to see if I get motion sick.

I wish I could go back to the day I had never played the witness before just so I could play it all over again. Man oh man what a great game that delivers a godlike first playthrough.

Im hoping in like 2-3 years I will forget everything about it and can play it again with that same awe and wonder I had on release day.

SOO GOOD

Xyrmellon

I really wish Giant Bomb would come back to PAX south eventually though! This week wouldve been perfect considering theres wrassling going on.

I don't think they've ever been to PAX South, have they? Jeff has pretty much completely dismissed the idea whenever it gets asked.

robotrock

Banned
I don't think they've ever been to PAX South, have they? Jeff has pretty much completely dismissed the idea whenever it gets asked.

They went the first year and there was in fact a panel. i don't think it was live streamed out but it was drew/dan/jeff/alex, audio feed should be somewhere

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I wish I could go back to the day I had never played the witness before just so I could play it all over again. Man oh man what a great game that delivers a godlike first playthrough.

Im hoping in like 2-3 years I will forget everything about it and can play it again with that same awe and wonder I had on release day.

SOO GOOD

The sad part is that I already know about the
environmental puzzles
. I bought the game at launch but refunded it because any movement in game gave me instant motion sickness. I've read that they added stuff to help mitigate it. I'm going to try the ginger candy thing while playing to see if it helps as well.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Whelp. Still getting super intense motion sickness from the Witness even with ginger candy. I might try playing on my TV via Steam Link later when my stomach and head calm down.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
for #/motion blur setting/crosshair on or off?

Put fov to 90, vignette to off, vsync off (high framerates help, I have a 144hz monitor). Left motion blur on, it usually doesn't bother me. Reticle on.

I did increase fov to 110, which I think helped but I was already feeling it.

I got my pup that same toy Dan has in that video with his new puppy. He loves it. After pulling out all the chip monks he likes to either get his head stuck inside the hole and walk around with it over his head or hump it a whole lot.

jaina

I got my pup that same toy Dan has in that video with his new puppy. He loves it. After pulling out all the chip monks he likes to either get his head stuck inside the hole and walk around with it over his head or hump it a whole lot.
ah, the clunky container Dan had them in is part of the toy? I can imagine that being fun to dig your nose into.

I wish TNT could come back but I get why it wont.

Managing a TNT friends list is probably a total pain.
Its not like we are swimming in online shooters like we where back in 2010.

They had so many good TNT's tho...

robotrock

Banned
I wish TNT could come back but I get why it wont.

Managing a TNT friends list is probably a total pain.
Its not like we are swimming in online shooters like we where back in 2010.

So many good TNT's though.

Just use games with dedicated servers browsers.

Screw overwatch or titanfall just give me a quake 3 arena server to hop on

Just use games with dedicated servers browsers.

Screw overwatch or titanfall just give me a quake 3 arena server to hop on

Brad should start doing Ranking of Deathmatch and work through every single online PC FPS with deathmatch and a customer server software they can easily install.

TraBuch

Banned
Someone tell Dan to get some rugs or something. Those hard floors are bad for dogs, especially puppies. I know it's funny to see them sliding around and all that, but it sure as fuck won't be funny when you're spending a couple thousand dollars at the vet for a broken leg or a broken back or a dislocated hip.

And keep the nails short. If the dog is walking around and you hear his nails tapping against the floor, they're too long and it just exacerbates the slipping.

Seriously, don't play on hard floors. If this sounds like too much work, you probably shouldn't have a dog.

Brashnir

Whelp. Still getting super intense motion sickness from the Witness even with ginger candy. I might try playing on my TV via Steam Link later when my stomach and head calm down.

That game gave it to me real bad as well. Luckily, I was able to build up a tolerance to it and last longer each time I played. Hope you can find a way that works for you because it's a great game.

Brad should start doing Ranking of Deathmatch and work through every single online PC FPS with deathmatch and a customer server software they can easily install.

Ranking of Loot. Brad and Jeff are given a thousand dollars and sent into the wild to scientifically grade the various lootboxes out there. ($1000 limit per game, of course. For science!)

DotA 2 would win because Brad science!

pizzacat

Banned
Just realized the same year jeff stole videogames.com from gs, his website gives kane and lynch developers newest game goty

Follow

The

Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom