• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
How will you guys react when Giant Bomb dumps every episode of its Shenmue 2 Endurance Run overnight, and when you click play, you hear Jeff, Brad, and Rorie?

The last Game Tapes was in August
The last Demo Derby was in November (one of two in the past 6 months)

I've got some pretty good ideas.

1 - A series where they play games with really good create a player tools. They could make monstrosities and then go online with them and fool around.

2 - Fool around with BeamNG. The crash physics are fantastic and there's a lot of custom content they could fuck around with. Garry's Mod for cars.

3 - Somebody could try the Nuzlocke Challenge in a Pokémon game.

4 - Fuck around with Skyrim mods. There's lots of crazy shit out there.

5 - Some sort of DnD podcast. Or they could livestream it in the podcast room.

6 - They could review amiibos.

I dunno, just a few things off the top of my head.
All kidding aside, Polygon's stuff works really well because they're all based around adding unusual constraints / goals to games, which a lot of the best GB features do as well (This Is the Run and Project BEAST as two examples). In contrast the features that are just "let's play some games for two hours" (Ranking of Fighters, Old Games Show, UPF) tend to be the most easily skippable for me.

bigkrev

The last Game Tapes was in August
The last Demo Derby was in November (one of two in the past 6 months)

I assume Demo Derby is actually dead without Dan, regardless of whatever they say. The formula doesn't work without Dan, who was the one guy on the video series who actually used to play Demo Discs- who could then play off of Drew (who had no context for 95% of the demos/videos), and Jeff (who was in the industry at the time, and remembers playing/reviewing these games).

Dineren

Banned
Have they mentioned anything about Shenmue 2? I'm not convinced it will happen if they are playing through the Yakuza series. Even if they aren't that much alike, they are superficially similar enough that I could see them thinking they are fine with just Yakuza.

Regardless I've been very happy with the premium content on both coasts so far this year. I hope they can keep it up.

How will you guys react when Giant Bomb dumps every episode of its Shenmue 2 Endurance Run overnight, and when you click play, you hear Jeff, Brad, and Rorie?

I don't think you could have described a more impossible piece of GB content. Drew livestreaming from the moon is more plausible.

robotrock

Banned
I don't think you could have described a more impossible piece of GB content. Drew livestreaming from the moon is more plausible.
Ranked List of Impossible GB Features
(top means more impossible, bottom more likely to happen)

1. Persona 5 Endurance Run (jeff+vinny)
2. GB West Shenmue 2 endurance run
3. Drew on the Moon
4. Game Tapes
5. Persona 5 Endurance Run (any form)

feel free to add on

Catvoca

Banned
They already did a whole playthrough of Shenmue. Blight Club has been going for a while.
i1hJ9gc.gif

justjim89

Law Abiding Citizen is some of the best dumb gaming content on the internet right now, and it kinda feels like Giant Bomb content in spirit.

mhanna49

Neo Member
Some people really don't like the suggestions people have mentioned on the last few pages and there is some weird saltiness about it. I don't see anyone saying they have to do any of these ideas like THEY NEED TO DO IT OR IM CANCELLING MY SUB GUYS. They are pretty good suggestions for UPF segments, IMO

I still haven't listened/watched all of the latest UPF but I'm up for a change of pace.

Mr. F

Banned

1 - A series where they play games with really good create a player tools. They could make monstrosities and then go online with them and fool around.

2 - Fool around with BeamNG. The crash physics are fantastic and there's a lot of custom content they could fuck around with. Garry's Mod for cars.

Forreal, Griffin's a content machine in the Dan school of quickness. I could take or leave Nick Robinson.

Law Abiding Citizen is some of the best dumb gaming content on the internet right now, and it kinda feels like Giant Bomb content in spirit.

I couldn't get into it at all, don't care for Russ Frushtick at all and Justin's not especially great at improvising.

Why are you suggesting things they wouldnt like.

I think youre misunderstanding Giant Bomb. They always did things they liked to do. Except Mario Party

Ketch

They should play DDR on the street and live stream from the studio like they did that one time Dan was looking for the PlayStation truck.

A series where Jeff plays some game with online interactions would be great. Something like rec room shenanigans. Maybe like rust or something?

They should play DDR on the street and live stream from the studio like they did that one time Dan was looking for the PlayStation truck.

A series where Jeff plays some game with online interactions would be great. Something like rec room shenanigans. Maybe like rust or something?

Bring back Pogs while we're at it.

What was that Hunger Games/Battle Royals online game they quick looked? That thing still around? Has it improved?

The Culling, it's still around, but I don't think they did much to it lately. Seems like a lot of that crowd has moved to Dead by Daylight.

Regarding UPF, the call-in thing doesn't interest me if it's going to be every second week. As an occasional thing, sure, go for it. But we already have a segment on both podcasts where people can ask questions even if there's probably more questions about Stree Overlord than games. Adding a premium show on top of that seems a bit much. And yeah, I did actually like them just playing random games on UPF. But if they didn't enjoy doing it, oh well, not gonna force them or anything. There's been more than enough #content lately anyway.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I want more videos where the guys compete against each other. That brings out the best banter and is fun to watch.

I get more enjoyment out of watching four of the dudes playing Mount your Friends for the third time than having one of them play through something super obscure while the rest struggles to not doze off. Some games just don't show well like that.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I want more videos where the guys compete against each other. That brings out the best banter and is fun to watch.

I get more enjoyment out of watching four of the dudes playing Mount your Friends for the third time than having one of them play through something super obscure while the rest struggles to not doze off. Some games just don't show well like that.
They really don't like to do that for some reason, especially Jeff and Brad.

Ashby

They really have to move the timetable up on The Raid before Americans get banned from entering every other country on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom