• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Fun day of shooting today woooooooo

And what's this about UPF becoming a call in show.

The last UPF was a call in show because the studio is torn up. They'll be returning to the traditional format when they finish the refit. They did say they would do call in UPFs every once in a while for a change afterward

Tagyhag

they're changing it up. they'll be rotating between studio UPF and podcast UPF now.

Awesome, guess that means I'll only be watching UPF every other week then. :p

Seriously, as boring as some UPF's are, the last thing I want to do is listen to their Non-GAF fans drop their spaghetti. Like 1 out of 5 aren't socially awkward.

TraBuch

Banned
So there's a YouTuber that's promising to release a sex tape if she reaches a million subs and she immediately gained like 400K subs.

Jeff knows what he needs to do if he ever wants to increase that GB YouTube count.

Seriously, as boring as some UPF's are, the last thing I want to do is listen to their Non-GAF fans drop their spaghetti. Like 1 out of 5 aren't socially awkward.

Same. I had to turn this week's off after the first caller started talking.

Catvoca

Banned
So there's a YouTuber that's promising to release a sex tape if she reaches a million subs and she immediately gained like 400K subs.

Jeff knows what he needs to do if he ever wants to increase that GB YouTube count.

Well people were saying that they wanted new types of content from the West coast....

kiguel182

I would like to see all of them play Pokemon at the same time.

Just see them play each of the games and then in the end do a tournament or something. Make it last a year with some progress updates along the way.

Pokemon first gen is on the 3DS with multiplayer so it's easy enough. Or Sun and Moon.

It's like simulating how it was like when you were a kid and Pokemon was something everybody played. But with Giant Bomb.

Giganteus

Same. I had to turn this week's off after the first caller started talking.
Zero of them were awkward and had some good questions, and it was the same result for the first caller UPF they did.

But keep being weird about it.

Good to hear it holds up. OoT is probably my favorite game ever and it was truly revolutionary. But I was worried going to it fresh now after everything that built on it it would just be mediocre

The only real open world game I like is far cry because of all the systems so I'm glad that's what they decided to mold BotW after

A bit late to reply, but yeah as a first-time player it is holding up pretty well. I really like the look of the 3DS version, don't think I could play it on the 64 especially with that framerate. I've resorted to a walkthrough on a couple occasions when I was missing a certain item or I was lost in a dungeon, but I didn't necessarily feel it was due to crappy design as much as that I just don't have the time to burn looking for those solutions.

Unfortunately I'm not too excited about BotW. I think what I love about OoT is how focused and lean it feels, so I'm not thrilled about the open-world formula in this one.

I do look forward to cracking into Majora's Mask next, what I've heard about that game makes it sound really appealing to me.

Snagret

A bit late to reply, but yeah as a first-time player it is holding up pretty well. I really like the look of the 3DS version, don't think I could play it on the 64 especially with that framerate. I've resorted to a walkthrough on a couple occasions when I was missing a certain item or I was lost in a dungeon, but I didn't necessarily feel it was due to crappy design as much as that I just don't have the time to burn looking for those solutions.

Unfortunately I'm not too excited about BotW. I think what I love about OoT is how focused and lean it feels, so I'm not thrilled about the open-world formula in this one.

I do look forward to cracking into Majora's Mask next, what I've heard about that game makes it sound really appealing to me.

MM is a really weird game. There's much less focus on the dungeons and a much heavier focus on characters, really intricate (and somrtimes fairly lengthy) sidequests, and solving puzzles outside the dungeons. The atmosphere is absolutely bonkers, it's really dark and creepy but has a really striking use of color and lighting that give the whole game this fever dream feeling. It makes for a really interesting companion piece to OoT, for sure. In retrospect I think it's my favorite in the series.

Just started playing Yakuza zero and there is a foreign dude that looks and sounds like an older dan ryckert. Cant wait for the yakuza series to start.

Zaph

pP499UR.png

First time I think I've seen Jeff tweet something directly political.

popo

Can't wait for Trump to announce The Purge. The fourth film will just be a documentary. The Purge 4 : You Can't Make This Shit Up.

Man this was the last thread on GAF which didn't bring up Trump... keep politics out of my gaming and Giant Bomb, man!

I just watched Part 9 of This is The Run, great stuff. Some of the facial expressions were brilliant. Fantastic last two minutes too!

Now to watch the Resi 7 QL.

Jintor

next month gdc is on and a bunch of devs are probably not going to be able to attend.

i get wanting a respite but it's all interrelated man

If I was continuing my masters in America right now, my mother wouldn't be able to visit me whenever she wanted(She was born in Iran). What a fucking disgrace this is.

I don't like to bring up politics, but one really just fishy part of this is apparently Muslim countries that Trump has business deals with are apparently exempt from this ban. That's a conflict of interests if I ever saw one.

Giganteus

To get even more political: It'd be great to see most of the world ban Americans from entering their country until the immigration ban is lifted. Oh well.

To get even more political: It'd be great to see most of the world ban Americans from entering their country until the immigration ban is lifted. Oh well.

I really hope sanctions and denouncements from other countries come soon so congress realizes how FUCKED everything is and starts getting their ass in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom