• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Muslim , very happy that Jeff commented on it. Also super happy that Muslim wrestlers like Sami Zayn are commenting on it, despite their boss being bests buds with that piece of shit .

I'm kinda shocked because of how most of the crew strays away from political discussion. Glad to see him posting about it though.

I think a lot this stuff transcend standard political discussion to being about human decency and the lack of it in the current administration.

Giganteus

Did half of you perceive Jeff as a conservative, or something? So many "Good job, Jeff!" and "Jeff is guuuud" over a common sense statement that he would obviously hold the opinion of. Could some of you sound any more patronizing? Good christ almighty what a bundle of dorks.

Choomp

Banned
Did half of you perceive Jeff as a conservative, or something? So many "Good job, Jeff!" and "Jeff is guuuud" over a common sense statement that he would obviously hold the opinion of. Could some of you sound any more patronizing? Good christ almighty would a bundle of dorks.

It's more that it's always seemed that Jeff has been very adamant about not talking about any of that stuff so it's cool to see him speaking out

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Did half of you perceive Jeff as a conservative, or something? So many "Good job, Jeff!" and "Jeff is guuuud" over a common sense statement that he would obviously hold the opinion of. Could some of you sound any more patronizing? Good christ almighty what a bundle of dorks.
Yep. This is definitely the hill to die on right now. Keep fighting the good fight.

This is such a weird thing to get upset about.

hwy_61

Banned

Whatever

Giant Bomb, and the personalities that make up its staff, by and large avoids political commentary. The fact that staff members are recognising the situation that the country is in and are being vocal about it is worthy of comment and praise.

Thank you for your concern, though.

Jintor

he normally doesn't express political views, so

also, lmao calling us patronising

Giganteus

This is such a weird thing to get upset about.
I'm not upset. It was more lighthearted than it sounded. Sorry, folks.
Giant Bomb, and the personalities that make up its staff, by and large avoids political commentary. The fact that staff members are recognising the situation that the country is in and are being vocal about it is worthy of comment and praise.

Thank you for your concern, though.
It is nice to see, because as you said, they normally avoid it, true. Just seeing a bunch of "good jobs" with little else in the way of substance... Eh, whatever. No biggie.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Any luck with the witness?

You know, if you add -steamvr in the launch options, you may be surprised

I haven't booted it up again. I was going to check out Please Don't Touch Anything 3D in VR before bed.

I thought the -vr flag for the Witness no longer worked? SleepingLesson tried it, I believe.

robotrock

Banned
I haven't booted it up again. I was going to check out Please Don't Touch Anything 3D in VR before bed.

I thought the -vr flag for the Witness no longer worked? SleepingLesson tried it, I believe.
Totally worked on my CV1 back in May or June. No biggie though that VR support was bad

I'm kinda shocked because of how most of the crew strays away from political discussion. Glad to see him posting about it though.

Just more confirmation this is one of the most trying times this country is undergoing and definately the most pathetic.

Watching UPF now, someone describing it as ambien in the GB comments wasn't toooo far off

There was a ton of interesting site talk in that! It was like the old Dave call-in shows (but with 100% less Fungineer though).

Mr. F

Banned
There was a ton of interesting site talk in that! It was like the old Dave call-in shows (but with 100% less Fungineer though).

I dunno, I just heard another "price of VR being the barrier to entry" question and my eyes rolled back into my head.

edit; ok ok it got a fair bit better, just a boring start.

Ahhahaha. What a weirdo.

Man this was the last thread on GAF which didn't bring up Trump... keep politics out of my gaming and Giant Bomb, man!

I just watched Part 9 of This is The Run, great stuff. Some of the facial expressions were brilliant. Fantastic last two minutes too!

Now to watch the Resi 7 QL.

Nah, friend.
nfc0tq.gif

what a couple fucking days this has been. jesus.

anyway.

this is the run has been a blast. glad to have two entries to catch up on tonight.

Edit: "You dancin' up there, Vinny?" "Oh yeah. Oh you know I'm dancin'." My heart needed this today, lol

robotrock

Banned
So out of curiousity I looked at metal gear rising's review and none of them mentioned the music in any way? What?

didn't come up during 2013's GOTY award podcasts too. i think jeff was the only person on staff who actually played it.

imo it should have the same DOOM argument, as in it makes the game way better by being there.

oti

Banned
First, let me quote this:
Second, let me say this:
Good on you Jeff!
I love you!
Everyone should speak out about the atrocities that are happening in the US right now!

Ashby

People want their the Giant Bomb member they don't like to be a Trump supporter so they can justify not liking that duder when in reality none of them do. Very strange.

People want their the Giant Bomb member they don't like to be a Trump supporter so they can justify not liking that duder when in reality none of them do. Very strange.
Pretty sure the Trump thing has always been just a meme, at least in this thread.

Ryan hates Bread, Cara is the new hire, Brad is leaving

I still remember that one cast where Jeff couldn't help but talk about how shitty politics were around trump when they were talking about the Oculus guy. He seemed disgusted by it then and I'm not at all surprised by this, but it is nice to see people speaking out when they usually don't.

Basically,
Jeff Gerstmann threat status?

Still

Hindl

I don't like to bring up politics, but one really just fishy part of this is apparently Muslim countries that Trump has business deals with are apparently exempt from this ban. That's a conflict of interests if I ever saw one.

There's also the part where the four countries where the 9/11 bombers were from (you know, the actual terrorist attack on American soil that this is targeted at) are exempt from the ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom