• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
So I guess the Powerbombcast is officially done, eh? Can't even get one talking about the Royal Rumble and Wrestle Kingdom and Takeover. Or maybe they're saving it for after the Royal Rumble so they can get Drew on with his reaction? It could happen, right?!

Naw, it's done.

So I guess the Powerbombcast is officially done, eh? Can't even get one talking about the Royal Rumble and Wrestle Kingdom and Takeover. Or maybe they're saving it for after the Royal Rumble so they can get Drew on with his reaction? It could happen, right?!

Naw, it's done.

yeah, it's a real bummer

so much shit is going on right now and the royal rumble is legitimately interesting for the first time in a long time

Chumley

Banned
Jeff chose a good time to finally make a statement about current events on Twitter. Good on him.

I'm kinda shocked because of how most of the crew strays away from political discussion. Glad to see him posting about it though.

This is beyond politics. It's morality and ethics vs. evil. Today showed beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is no "middle ground" anymore or being able to cater to both sides. You're either a good person, or you're not, and I think Jeff knows there's no sidestepping that anymore.

robotrock

Banned
accidentally had my TV on SNL...hearing a new XX song right now. definitely sounding better than their first album which i didn't enjoy very much.

might check it out

oti

Banned

Naw, it's done.
Finally some good news for a change.

Naw, it's done.

It's a thing of the past now.

The solution is to combine the book club and wrestling podcasts. Vinny and Alex can read one of those wrestling books Dan recommended and they can have a 4 hour podcast discussing it.

I enjoyed both the powerbombcast and bomb after reading. I listened to the entire sphere audiobook, and there was 15 minutes straight of the narrator just reading numbers.

Lunar FC

I enjoyed both the powerbombcast and bomb after reading. I listened to the entire sphere audiobook, and there was 15 minutes straight of the narrator just reading numbers.

Good read/listen? Need a next after Dune.

I find that having a book I want to read helps me get throufh the one I currently am.

I would have losed a powerbombcast about wrestlekingdom.

Hope we get a post Rumble one too just for "yup. That sucks. Wrestlemania is going to suck too. See you in a few months maybe?"

I recently found out that if you buy a Kindle book and an Audible Audiobook, you can read along with the audiobook and the book will highlight words and flip pages automatically for you, Maybe I am super lazy, but I like this feature a lot.

Jason's made a comment about the Muslim ban as well. On one hand, it's weird seeing the duders making overtly political comments, on the other hand, the evil coming from the White House is unprecedented

killroy87

Brad was reacting pretty heavily on twitter during Election Day. Just made me like him more. Glad to see the crew at least acknowledge when there's complete bullshit happening around them. Their roles as video games personalities isn't so precious that they need to hide their feelings about important issues just to "keep politics out of it"

SamNW

Jason's made a comment about the Muslim ban as well. On one hand, it's weird seeing the duders making overtly political comments, on the other hand, the evil coming from the White House is unprecedented
It's heartening to see that some of the least outspoken guys at GB spoke up today. I'm often disappointed by the lengths they go to in order to avoid saying something political, but it would be especially inappropriate to remain silent right now.

Lunar FC

I recently found out that if you buy a Kindle book and an Audible Audiobook, you can read along with the audiobook and the book will highlight words and flip pages automatically for you, Maybe I am super lazy, but I like this feature a lot.

I love audio books to go along with reading, but they get pretty pricey on audible that i've had to go with alternate methods..

Volotaire

This is cool. I have been meaning to purchase a Paperwhite for some time to incentivise myself to read more fiction books.

People screaming "keep politics out of mah video games" need to look up at the world or read a history book.

Stuff happening in america is legit terrifying and you would be a fool to think its going to stop here.

People screaming "keep politics out of mah video games" need to look up at the world or read a history book.

Stuff happening in america is legit terrifying and you would be a fool to think its going to stop here.

Yeah this is very much not a time to not be a politics person. The world is going some dark places, fast and to ignore it is just not an option.

In truth knowing where they fall makes me happier to support them. I'd be even happier with a regularly scheduled Demo Derby. Two birds with one stone.

Sakwoff

It's almost as if "politics" is not a separate realm apart from everything else. As nice as that sometimes would be - for my mental health at least - it's just not how it works.

Good on Jeff to be explicit about this. People like them speaking out is important.

popo

I wonder if Jeff will still make that joke about wanting to see the world burn, when the world is actually burning.

I didn't say it should be ignored, it's just a bit tiresome to see it everywhere. There's nothing more pointless than discussing politics in a Giant Bomb thread after all innit (or NeoGAF / any online forum at all for that matter...)

I started playing TLG today and I'm a bit sad that it was missed out of GOTY talk. It's definitely flawed (terrible framerate on OG PS4) but the interaction with Trico is very unique and quite special. I've played it for 3 hours today and I could see it as a contender for 'Best Moment'.

I think Alex hit the nail on the head with his praise so far.

hwy_61

Banned
I didn't say it should be ignored, it's just a bit tiresome to see it everywhere. There's nothing more pointless than discussing politics in a Giant Bomb thread after all innit (or NeoGAF / any online forum at all for that matter...).

I'd agree with you, if it wasn't for fucko keeping people THAT ACTUALLY LIVE HERE from returning home.

That's beyond just politics dude. It's something that everyone everywhere should be talking about.

I didn't say it should be ignored, it's just a bit tiresome to see it everywhere. There's nothing more pointless than discussing politics in a Giant Bomb thread after all innit (or NeoGAF / any online forum at all for that matter...)

It is a bit tiresome to see this stuff everywhere, but I guess that comes with the territory of electing fascists and racists to the highest offices in the land.

Meneses

I started playing TLG today and I'm a bit sad that it was missed out of GOTY talk. It's definitely flawed (terrible framerate on OG PS4) but the interaction with Trico is very unique and quite special. I've played it for 3 hours today and I could see it as a contender for 'Best Moment'.

I think Alex hit the nail on the head with his praise so far.

It jumped straight to my number 1 spot last year, that game is special.

I wouldn't necessarily call it outright pointless, but I wouldn't blame people if they didn't want to engage in it here, and I certainly wouldn't assume those people are putting their head in the sand. The process of "Let's see what NeoGAF's talking about: Okay, politics. Let's see what's on Twitter. More politics. How about- oh it's politics" can be exhausting. I mean, I ended up unfollowing Hardcore Gaming 101 on Twitter because there were more tweets about politics than video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom