• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giganteus

I didn't say it should be ignored, it's just a bit tiresome to see it everywhere. There's nothing more pointless than discussing politics in a Giant Bomb thread after all innit (or NeoGAF / any online forum at all for that matter...)
Normally I'd agree, but the face of GB spoke up about it and it's a big issue. If it was discussed nonstop for days, then sure, but people will go back to GB etc soon, anyway. It needs to be everywhere for at least a little bit, even if that'll irritate some.

hamchan

It may feel tiresome to see political talk everywhere but I'm sure you'll survive this slight annoyance or maybe just do something else for a while, while letting everyone else talk about things that they might think is a teeny bit important to them and the world.

I didn't say it should be ignored, it's just a bit tiresome to see it everywhere. There's nothing more pointless than discussing politics in a Giant Bomb thread after all innit (or NeoGAF / any online forum at all for that matter...)

I started playing TLG today and I'm a bit sad that it was missed out of GOTY talk. It's definitely flawed (terrible framerate on OG PS4) but the interaction with Trico is very unique and quite special. I've played it for 3 hours today and I could see it as a contender for 'Best Moment'.

I think Alex hit the nail on the head with his praise so far.

My GOTY. The second half of the game is filled with best moments, all the way to the very end.

Speaking of Drew jokes, I can't find the bombcast clip where he says a pun... there's a long silence, and then the podcast just ends. No words just the ending music. Anybody have that link handy?

Zaph

Oh8nI5F.png

Trump got Dan to talk politics. You know shit is fucked.

Brashnir

It's nice to be occasionally reminded that Dan is a solid and genuine dude when he takes the time to set the oblivious screwball character aside for a few minutes.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
It's also a good reminder to talk to people if you get the chance. A guy who sells newspapers in front my local supermarket is from Nigeria. He has a finished degree in physics (can't remember what exactly) that's worthless in Austria (cause sadly that's how degrees work), so now he sells newspapers. Told me he still prefers this over fearing for his live every single day. He only hates winter cause it get's really cold.

oti

Banned
As someone who despises Dan's "USA USA USA" persona I am relieved he isn't blind to the issues at hand. He's on the right side of history.

Meneses

I keep thinking this must be some kind of terrible plan to do the worst possible things now and make an actual president seem way better in comparison.

Like someone watched Code Geass and thought "hey, this could work".

bjork

Good on Dan. I kinda wish that aspect of his personality showed more than once in a blue moon, it's refreshing change from the usual shtick.

Man, I really need a break from all this polo rival talk that has been going on for what seems like the last 8 months or so...

Anyways, I really hope to see GBWest setup up those game, since GBEast has been putting them to shame with the amount of content and GOOD content at that. This Is The Run was fun and inspired my friend and I to play that game together and beat it since we were never able to beat it when we were kids.

What new series would you like West to tackle? I'm thinking with Jeff's knowledge about the industry, something having to do with that. I don't need a "Beat another hard NES" game, almost like an encyclopedia bombastica type where they play a game at talk about it in real depth. Ranking of Fighters could be this, but they kinda take the joke part of it too far and I he game goes on for way way too long. Although I did think the last episode was easily the best.

I just hope West steps it up soon, because it's shameful that just because Dan left they don't seem to be doing anything, there really is no excuse. Just stream something! And the whole UPF podcast with call ins isn't the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom