• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. F

Banned
I hate the idea that because we all like Giant Bomb, we apparently have to love everyone that makes up Giant Bomb. Austin had an annoying tendency to just overpower conversations, and it's gotten worse now that he's the boss. You can like him and acknowledge that he had his faults, like everybody.

I didn't care for Patrick before, during, and after it was cool

it hilarious how many juniors are coming out of the woodwork with their fucking garbage in the Read only memories thread LOL.

That along with the "no politics in muh game" whiners and the "this wont make any money" people

Some of those accounts are old and dormant. Some alts from posters who don't want to get shamed or banned.

oti

Banned
Man I wish I was more excited by what was released of Horizion today.
I am just so burned out on far cry

I didn't want to watch the preview videos to not be spoiled. But seeing you comparing it to Far Cry makes me sad. Is it like Far Cry? Please no.

Mr. F

Banned
Man I wish I was more excited by what was released of Horizion today.
I am just so burned out on far cry

I know it's something they would tout but seeing how big the map is was detrimental to my interest in the game. With that and Zelda being so close to each other that's a lotttt of open world. Fatigue setting in in a real way.

BearPawB

Banned
I mean if they're making a Far Cry with a decent story in that amazing setup, that's great

I think it is often hard for huge open world games to have good overarching stories.

But I can't deny the setup and world look stunning.

I know it's something they would tout but seeing how big the map is was detrimental to my interest in the game. With that and Zelda being so close to each other that's a lotttt of open world. Fatigue setting in in a real way.

Which is one of the reasons I think I have been liking Yakuza 0. It is somewhat open world, but small enough to still feel purposefully constructed.

daveo42

Banned
Wrong, there has never been a bad video game.

Grood is a mix of great and good, as referenced in this picture:
grood_by_bentham42-d5xvo1g.gif

oti

Banned
Like a third person far cry yeah.
I haven't read a single preview that didn't mention far cry

You're killing my hype here, man!

Now I'm wondering when Ubisoft will announce Far Cry 5 (it has to be in development, right?) and where it will take place.

My guess:
USA

BearPawB

Banned
You're killing my hype here, man!

Now I'm wondering when Ubisoft will announce Far Cry 5 (it has to be in development, right?) and where it will take place.

My guess:
USA

Everyone in the thread seems super hyped.
So don't take me being a negative nancy as gospel.

jaina

Bow and towers, it was always Far Cry.
I haven't played one yet so am not burned out
2818538-kishthumb.gif

Anyways, I didn't bother looking at the previews because I doubt anybody played it more for than a few hours. And what interests me in the H:Zero Dawn reviews is how long the gameplay stays interesting.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Tbh I'm looking forward to this years assassin's creed more than Horizon. even thoguh I haven't played an assassin's creed game in many years.

People in a GAF thread are hyped about a yet-to-be-released game?

who could have thought, it's almost as if the hype culture in this place is a giant circle that feeds into itself.

I don't see the Far Cry comparison with Horizon. I want to say it's closer to Shadow of Mordor but even that's too reductive. Also the youtube compression can't deal with the detail in the grassy environments.

Catvoca

Banned
Everyone in the thread seems super hyped.
So don't take me being a negative nancy as gospel.

Nah, I have the same impression as you. It feels like the sort of open world game that would have been amazing 5 years ago but might just be played out by now. Hopefully I'm wrong though, it certainly has styyyyyyle!

I so want to be excited for Horizon because on paper, it sounds amazing but nothing in the gameplay footage looks interesting or fun. I hope I'm wrong.

I've never bought an Ace Combat game before, but I might now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfwudWsXbc4

I'm still waiting (and almost giving up) on the PSVR support for War Thunder. Apparently they can't announce a release date due to a Sony NDA or something. It was originally supposed to come out on launch day of PSVR. It's now been over three months of vague updates. Some people are speculating that the support has been canceled due to PSVR's limitations and Sony doesn't want bad press for PSVR. I hope that's not the case.

Snagret

Horizon: Zero Dawn matches the momentum of just about every other supremely hyped open-world AAA title that promised a "unique experience" that I've ultimately found really bland and disappointing after playing over the past few years. Not a comment on the actual quality of the game (I don't know) but I've tempered my expectations super hard for that one. I'll see how people look back on it in a year before seeing if it's worth jumping in.

Looking forward to the Yakuza 0 playthrough for East.

I can't wait for Dan to tell Alex to beat someone up in a funny way using a funny object.

Because there's a lot of that with the right setup.

Sakwoff

Same thing happens whenever a positive Germany/Merkel thread comes up. Every single time.
Neogaf can be weird.

There seems to be a contingent of people that thinks Germany has turned into some kind of apocalyptic wasteland. Because of... immigrants or something?

The discourse.

Video games are pretty good, aren't they?

Hindl

I don't see the Far Cry comparison with Horizon. I want to say it's closer to Shadow of Mordor but even that's too reductive. Also the youtube compression can't deal with the detail in the grassy environments.

It's looking like it's taking a page from the Ubisoft formula with all the icons and trials and shit around the map. Then you look at the gameplay and it's using bows, crafting, and is set in a natural environment as opposed to the cities of Assassin's Creed or Watch_Dogs. Plus there's a focus on all the different ways you can take down enemies and approach situation. Far Cry + Monster Hunter seems like the apt comparison for me, if you're going that reductive route

Growing up my mom always got this god awful pizza that was just cheese, onions, corn, mushrooms.

IT WAS TERRIBLE

I love pizza. I have eaten pizza the last 2 days. Bad pizza exists.

IMO Pizza needs loads of tomato sauce, loads of cheese and loads of meet. After that you can add what you want but you need that sauce+cheese+meet first.

What's your favorite frozen pizza (I know, I know, this is a question brought up time to time here)? For me, it's Freschetta, but not all Freschettas. I do not like most frozen pizzas (and that includes most Freschettas). I just find them too doughy/bready. The particular Freschettas I like are their Brick Oven Crust Pizza. It's much thinner than most frozen pizzas and includes very tasty ingredients. Out favorites are the 5 Italian Cheese and Chicken Club pizzas.

https://www.freschetta.com/products/brick-oven/default.htm

I will never understand the Digornio love. Tomato base is way too sweet for my liking, cheese no good, bread bad.

Some of my grocery store brands frozen pizzas are pretty good

And as someone who loves bread, I think there's too much of it in Digiorno pizzas (same with regular Freschetta pizzas).

Snagret

I will never understand the Digornio love. Tomato base is way too sweet for my liking, cheese no good, bread bad.

Some of my grocery store brands frozen pizzas are pretty good
Digornio is too gooey.

I actually can't stand any frozen pizza. The crust always sucks and it's always a stingey amount of terrible-quality ingredients, and it's always dry as fuck. And it's hardly even that much cheaper than a fresh pizza from a chain.

The only ones I kinda like are those Red Baron personal pizzas, but those are practically a separate genre from real pizza.

robotrock

Banned
I would much rather just buy bagel bites than to buy an actual frozen pizza. though I have heard great things about the red baron brand, must try at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom