• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

Does anyone here know of a good podcast app for Android that plays nice with GB Premium stuff... I currently use Pocket Casts and it's fantastic, but when it comes to trying to get Premium podcasts in it, it's a nightmare and it changes format multiple times which means my stuff breaks on a semi-regular basis.
I've used DoggCatcher for years with no problems.

Catvoca

Banned
I really liked this weeks bombcast, Peter Brown is the best. Going to be a sad day when GameSpot loses him,
which will probably be any day now the way things are going with GS

Lunar FC

I watch a lot of movies. Movies are great. I always laugh when they talk about recent movies on the podcast and the conversation is so basic.

Well it's usualy just one person who has seen it while the rest just...
1. Claim how they never have time.
2. Jeff going on his thousanth rant on how he doesn't like going to the theater.
3. Brad who just read the summary online.

2. Jeff going on his thousanth rant on how he doesn't like going to the theater.

Oh man Brad's whole thing about purposefully spoiling things for himself gets me rolling. Like it's such a weak, defeatist way of going through life.

LiK

Oh man Brad's whole thing about purposefully spoiling things for himself gets me rolling. Like it's such a weak, defeatist way of going through life.

There are people like that. I don't mind it until they say the movie isn't as good cuz they already knew what happened. WHO'S FAULT IS THAT

I wanna know how to appreciate movies more but movie buffs are mean so I just stick to superhero movies

I recommend listening to Filmspotting. It's non-pretentious but they are super knowledgeable about film. It's the perfect balance for me.

Most cinephiles are insufferable.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
There are people like that. I don't mind it until they say the movie isn't as good cuz they already knew what happened. WHO'S FAULT IS THAT

I spoil things for myself before going to see a movie. I then generally tend to really like all the movies I see. I guess it just depends on the person. I don't generally see movies that are predicated on twists or surprises either. So like getting the Star Wars movie or Fast and Furious movie spoiled doesn't really take anything away from it when you probably already knew basically what was gonna happen. Knowing the basic structure of the plot doesn't really detract from stuff like action movies and the like.

I guess I am just more ok with knowing stuff ahead of time sitting back and enjoying the ride. Brad isn't I guess.

ev0

Brad for some reason really didn't want to like TFA for some reason. He didn't think it should exist and was probably looking for some sort of confirmation bias about it. Now he's all "its another Star Wars yep" is the extent of his opinion.

Kind of like reading the ending of a game on wiki isnt the same as playing it

LiK

I spoil things for myself before going to see a movie. I then generally tend to really like all the movies I see. I guess it just depends on the person. I don't generally see movies that are predicated on twists or surprises either. So like getting the Star Wars movie or Fast and Furious movie spoiled doesn't really take anything away from it when you probably already knew basically what was gonna happen. Knowing the basic structure of the plot doesn't really detract from stuff like action movies and the like.

I guess I am just more ok with knowing stuff ahead of time sitting back and enjoying the ride. Brad isn't I guess.

yes, as long as it makes you enjoy the movie more, that's fine. everyone has their own thing. i personally prefer not knowing anything major to enjoy something. i'll still watch trailers.

Wunder

I recommend listening to Filmspotting. It's non-pretentious but they are super knowledgeable about film. It's the perfect balance for me.

Most cinephiles are insufferable.

Quarter to three (Tom Chick) has a good movie podcast where they get into movies without sounding like snobs.

I'll check those out! Isn't Tom Chick the reviewer that likes to give negative scores to generally well received games? That's the only time I've heard his name

Strax

That's why I think The Sixth Sense isn't a good film, it doesn't work if you know the twist. I haven't heard anybody talking about that movie unless "Best M. Night movie" or "Talk about the twist" context.

TraBuch

Banned
Lucha Underground is gonna be heading to Netflix on the 15th for all of you that like your wrasslin with a big side of murder and fantasy and death gods and drugs and spacemen and dragons and nunchucks and undercover cops and yeah.

Lucha Underground is gonna be heading to Netflix on the 15th for all of you that like your wrasslin with a big side of murder and fantasy and death gods and drugs and spacemen and dragons and nunchucks and undercover cops and yeah.

does this make netflix the first streaming service with quality wrestling content? (New Japan doesn't have a ps4 app)

Catvoca

Banned
That's why I think The Sixth Sense isn't a good film, it doesn't work if you know the twist. I haven't heard anybody talking about that movie unless "Best M. Night movie" or "Talk about the twist" context.

I saw it after knowing the twist and still really liked it

Curufinwe

GB West don't seem to watch much good TV, either, even though you don't have to leave the house for that.

Curufinwe

Brad for some reason really didn't want to like TFA for some reason. He didn't think it should exist and was probably looking for some sort of confirmation bias about it.

It was weird for someone to be that over protective about their personal Star Wars nostalgia.

Mr. F

Banned
Been enjoying following the movie discussion, seeing a lot of stuff to add to my watch list.

Also Yakuza being on mondays makes sense, although hopefully doesn't detract from all those hot home streams.

Is A Link To The Past worth playing before I jump into A Link Between Worlds? Obviously I'll miss a lot of references going straight to ALBW but I'm a little worried I'll get burnt out on the formula/map/etc going back to back

Hindl

Is A Link To The Past worth playing before I jump into A Link Between Worlds? Obviously I'll miss a lot of references going straight to ALBW but I'm a little worried I'll get burnt out on the formula/map/etc going back to back

You should play ALTTP, and there are enough differences to make it interesting, but you'll probably burn out if you play them back to back. I'd just choose one or the other and play through it, and then sometime down the line play the other. If you haven't gotten ALBW yet play LTTP, otherwise you can probably save it and go back to it after ALBW

LiK

Just started Bombcast and Jeff was all business. Going right into what they've been playing. That was weird, lol

I just played through it for the first time with my wife on our Honeymoon. I always saw and liked that game as a kid, but Ocarina was my first Zelda game that I beat, then played all the other ones too. I liked it for what it was, but I played A Link Between Worlds a couple years ago and had a blast with it. The games are different enough, but I liked the open design of ALBW over ALTTP but playing the SNES version on a big TV is far better than the hand cramping tiny 3DS

Zornack

I played through ALBW on release and loved it, great game.

Tried playing through ALttP for the first time recently and wasn't feeling it. I don't know why but I got the master sword and just stopped.

Lunar FC

I played through ALBW on release and loved it, great game.

Tried playing through ALttP for the first time recently and wasn't feeling it. I don't know why but I got the master sword and just stopped.

I've put off playing ALBW for so long and feel once I play Breath of the Wild, i'll never go back to it.

justjim89

Does this week's Bombcast get better in the back half? Because fuck me silly this inside baseball talk about running old games and video cables is terrible. Never actually skipped a segment of a Bombcast before, but it's just awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom