• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Can I play this without playing the first? I tried to like 6 years ago and was bored to tears.

If you don't play the first you might enjoy the second and the third substantially more

Because of how poor they are at following up anything anyone enjoyed about the first game

Yeah I'm still mad

Lunar FC

Pretty sure I've only seen Offerman in Fargo, was so good in that.

Edit: Love seeing Bakalar being the main man and not being bullied by Vinny and Alex.

So I guess no Bakalar on the Beastcast this week.

Also, Ron Swanson, yo!

Edit- Oh, also, I finished Wolfenstein: The New Order last night. What an underrated gem of a gem. Drew had it as his #1 game in 2014 (I think Alex had it #10). Now I want to buy Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and hope that Wolfenstein: The New Colossus (hinted at Bethesda's E3 conference) will be revealed soon.

Can I play this without playing the first? I tried to like 6 years ago and was bored to tears.

If they added into the PC version of ME2 what the PS3 version of ME2 had, then no, you wouldn't have an issue. I played ME1 on PC (as it was not on PS3 until after ME3 released), but opted for ME2 on PS3 when it was announced the PS3 version would have a little sort of mini-prologue in ME2 that recapped the events of ME1 and let you make the major choice options (i.e. romances, character fates, etc.). If they added all that to the PC version, you'll be fine.

Zaph

0OcUSjp.png

oqeCYsD.png

Lunar FC

So I guess no Bakalar on the Beastcast this week.

Also, Ron Swanson, yo!

Edit- Oh, also, I finished Wolfenstein: The New Order last night. What an underrated gem of a gem. Drew had it as his #1 game in 2014 (I think Alex had it #10). Now I want to buy Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and hope that Wolfenstein: The New Colossus (hinted at Bethesda's E3 conference) will be revealed soon.

At some point Wolfenstein can no longer be underrated when basically everybody that plays it says it's good.

I didn't enjoy Old Blood as much doe.

At some point Wolfenstein can no longer be underrated when basically everybody that plays it says it's good.

I didn't enjoy Old Blood as much doe.

Yeah, I heard the story was much weaker in The Old Blood.

Also, how did The New Order not make the top-10.... in 2014.... the year we deride as a down year for GOTY options?

Mupod

Aw man. I got dragged into Overwatch by friends right when he started DR1. I wanted to watch that and the rest of his Hitman.

On the subject of Hitman I think he said he did more Hokkaido but I missed that. I need him to see the inside of Jason Portman's room if he hasn't.

I've seen nothing but scathing reviews of this absolutely horrible port of mega man today, but no one is saying why it is bad. Anyone actually have an answer to why these new ports are bad? I really don't care, I'm just curious

Xater

I've seen nothing but scathing reviews of this absolutely horrible port of mega man today, but no one is saying why it is bad. Anyone actually have an answer to why these new ports are bad? I really don't care, I'm just curious

Every article says why. I mean it's bad enough that you have to use on screen controls, but in top of that it has a horrible frame rate and the pitch if the music is fucked up.

popo

I can't believe how much useless shit is at CES.

but how about a camera that goes in your fridge and will message you when your ready meal is about to go past it's sell-by date. How have we lived without this for so long?

Why do Angry Joe reviews get their own threads, instead of being just posted in the review thread?

because he has at least one fan (or Joe has an alt account) who can be arsed to post them as separate topics and will continue to do so until a mod tells him to stop.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
If you don't play the first you might enjoy the second and the third substantially more

Because of how poor they are at following up anything anyone enjoyed about the first game

Yeah I'm still mad

2017 starting off on the right foot with factually correct Mass Effect opinions.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My only real issue with Stardew was that all the potential romance options seemed like young teen girls.

I need moms.

LiK

Short answer: shit framerate and stuttering.

Why do Angry Joe reviews get their own threads, instead of being just posted in the review thread?

The discussions almost always go into an insane number of posts so the mods allow it. I dunno why they get so heated all the time, tbh.

oti

Banned
Austin in the LiS Playthrough is PRECIOUS and now I feel hella bad for making fun of their bad Vice memes, sista.

Still in Ep. 2

Strax

My only real issue with Stardew was that all the potential romance options seemed like young teen girls.

I need moms.

You know you can make a mom yourself, with young teen girls.
If you are into that kind of thing.

Because his reviews come in much later and he's popular enough to generate a thread of discussion? The angst his threads cause is always amusing too.

That's not always a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom