• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainmaker

Banned
On paper Stardew Valley doesn't seem like a great game to stream but through the power of VinDan the stream was a good time

Edit: hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic casuals

15877344_1877123279188033_8982709316859461632_n.jpg

Happy New Deer!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
In this case maybe "casuals" isn't the best word, it's more like "people who only like mainstream games and eat up whatever they're spoonfed by AAA publishers"

but there's not a good way to summarize that
Well yeah, "mainstream". But that's like 80% of GB content, too.

I continue to not get Stardew Valley, which is fine.
But it looks sooooooooooooooooooooooo boring

Its super relaxing when you are playing, at least for me. Like Dan likes to say there is just "so much to do" and there really is a lot of variety there (since the time component forces you to make choices each day). Definitely feels like you are making progress every day. Feels great when you complete bundles, or a new building, etc. I typically haven't gotten into these types of games, the only one I really have is Harvest Moon 64. Bounced off hard on the Gamecube version and haven't tried another since.

Played the first level of Hitman. Took out Novikov and Margolis in the danger room with headshots and escape through the attic sloppily for my first attempt (3 stars, somehow!). Second time round, I poisoned Viktor's cocktail, drowned him, randomly found Helmut hanging out by some stairs, disguised myself as him, and poisoned Margolis' wine with the poison she gives you.

I know it's the first level, but it almost feels too easy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My Summer Car has been the most enjoyable zeitgeist type game for me since Demon's Souls though. There's a wiki now but it's been fun learning 'oh if you use the phone while its thunderstorming you fucking die'

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
My Summer Car has been the most enjoyable zeitgeist type game for me since Demon's Souls though. There's a wiki now but it's been fun learning 'oh if you use the phone while its thunderstorming you fucking die'
It's the best Finland simulator.

I'm talking about people who, when I told them Hitman was one of my favorite games of the year, said "Oh, I didn't even know there was a new one of those."
I mean, I guess. But he has a Hitman review video with 3 million views on his channel and I just watched his top 10 and it has stuff like Xcom 2 or Total War: Warhammer on it. How is that any different?

edit: He has a Hitman developer interview, too...

Played the first level of Hitman. Took out Novikov and Margolis in the danger room with headshots and escape through the attic sloppily for my first attempt (3 stars, somehow!). Second time round, I poisoned Viktor's cocktail, drowned him, randomly found Helmut hanging out by some stairs, disguised myself as him, and poisoned Margolis' wine with the poison she gives you.

I know it's the first level, but it almost feels too easy.

It's easy to just do the hits. You can do all of them in a couple minutes if you find the perfect route. The challenges get a little tougher. I find the real fun to be in the Silent Assassin, Suit Only challenge for each level.

I mean, I guess. But he has a Hitman review video with 3 million views on his channel and I just watched his top 10 and it has stuff like Xcom 2 or Total War: Warhammer on it. How is that any different?
Admittedly I'm not making the best argument here, but I just feel like his type of content really appeals to the lowest common denominator. Just not a fan.

It's easy to just do the hits. You can do all of them in a couple minutes if you find the perfect route. The challenges get a little tougher. I find the real fun to be in the Silent Assassin, Suit Only challenge for each level.

Think I'm going to play each of the "main" missions a bunch so I get used to the quirks of each map before tackling escalations and such, but yes, Suit Only Silent Assassin is something I'm looking forward to. Having just come off a Hard Pacifist run in Mankind Divided, I'm on a real sneaky kick.

Zaph

Think I'm going to play each of the "main" missions a bunch so I get used to the quirks of each map before tackling escalations and such, but yes, Suit Only Silent Assassin is something I'm looking forward to. Having just come off a Hard Pacifist run in Mankind Divided, I'm on a real sneaky kick.

good year for sneak

I thought there was some cool stuff this year, like the Panasonic GH5. I'm kind of glad to see CES morphing into a bit of a spectacle rather than just being a dying ass trade show. The NBA on TNT crew is broadcasting from there tonight, etc.

Yup, CES must be a nightmare to cover, but I'm glad it exists. Closest thing to Kentia Hall.

Xater

Oh man AGDQ starts tomorrow and they actually have games on the schedule they have not done a hundred times already. Exciting!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
HERES HOW GAME PUBLISHERS ARE RIPPING YOU OFF WITH FUCKING DLC BULLSHIT

stares directly into camera with shelves upon shelves of video game funko pops behind him

hamchan

Angry Jeff, where Jeff reads comments about a game on reddit, shouts the same comments back to camera, gets applauded for really understanding what the "normal" gamer wants.

Admittedly I'm not making the best argument here, but I just feel like his type of content really appeals to the lowest common denominator. Just not a fan.
If you don't like his video content fine, but you've been making some weird and inaccurate generalizations though. You don't seem to have a good grasp of what games he even prefers despite making that the main thrust of your complaints.

Xater

http://i.imgur.com/ooKwNzM.gif/IMG]

It's on Sunday. Looking forward to it, a full week of 24/7 content for me as it has always been.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I meant Sunday. I'll just watch what interests me. So the things .I haven't seen before. Also I love speedruns of just awful games. For whatever reason they are often the most interesting.

do you think they put more money into the ARG shit than the actual game, considering a lot of the actual Frog Fractions 2 part of it looks like ZZT

Xater

I'd probably just want to watch someone play through Glittermitten Grove. I want to see the insanity they came up with but the entry fee is too high.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Bait and switch on a paid game seems like a nightmare for Steam honestly

ABOUT THIS GAME

Ahoy, a-hey, o loddi-doddi day, fair traveller and welcome to Glittermitten Grove! Here you will find a land of enchantment, whimsy, and resource management. Sow the fields with magic seeds, pick berries from the plentiful boughs of our sugar fern trees, and collect sparkles from the resplendent rays of our sun-kissed thicket to help us prepare for the long winter ahead. Come join us in our faerieland, full of strange adventure!

Features:
Sow the fields with special seeds
Pick berries for your winter needs
Collect sparkles to light up the night
Light fribblesham fireworks for happy delight

Pretty sure all that is in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom