• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

RABBIT MYSTERY SOLVED!

My dad emailed me the following this morning after seeing the stream:

"I can shed some light on the dead bunny situation. I was mowing once and ran over a nest of bunnies. It was awful. You guys were discussing how the rabbits wouldn’t hear the mower coming. I think the key here is that they were bunnies, and probably not mobile yet."

He says that it was actually on our side of the fence, right next to the church yard. Case closed!

you need to mention this on Beastcast.

FStop7

Banned
bunny.gif

Mupod

The backyard of the place we're currently leasing was overgrown to the point where a regular mower couldn't do shit. We were apparently obligated to maintain it, so we rented this massive bush mower thing for a weekend to tackle it.

Previously around the property we'd occasionally see these little bunnies and they were adorable, turns out they were mostly living in the backyard. As I was mowing I'd see them scatter all over the place and I was like OH GOD I'M SORRY. I don't think I mowed any though.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I have finally finished all the GotY bombcasts so I can dare to venture back to this thread.
2016 was almost the year where Jeff and I agreed on everything. Almost. Inside is meh, Doom and Hitman are awesome, Superhot is fantastic.....and then he had to pick fucking Mei for best Overwatch character. You destroyed everything Gerstmann. Everything.

I really enjoyed Inside, Oxenfree, and Firewatch despite their detractors in here. The only game I played and dislike this year that others really enjoyed was Overwatch. I appreciate the aesthetic of it and like the diversity of characters, but man did I hate playing it. Maybe it gets good after a while, but it leaves a really bad first impression, much like DOTA and League of Legends. I didn't get the MOBA comparisons until I played it. It's weird that TF2 did that so much better, though to be fair I haven't played that a ton since the Orange Box first came out, so it might have gotten worse over time.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
RABBIT MYSTERY SOLVED!

"I can shed some light on the dead bunny situation. I was mowing once and ran over a nest of bunnies. It was awful. You guys were discussing how the rabbits wouldn’t hear the mower coming. I think the key here is that they were bunnies, and probably not mobile yet."

He says that it was actually on our side of the fence, right next to the church yard. Case closed!

Man, that happened to me this summer. One of them ran out of the hole and got clipped by the mower and started twitching and died. I felt awful.

I really enjoyed Inside, Oxenfree, and Firewatch despite their detractors in here. The only game I played and dislike this year that others really enjoyed was Overwatch. I appreciate the aesthetic of it and like the diversity of characters, but man did I hate playing it. Maybe it gets good after a while, but it leaves a really bad first impression, much like DOTA and League of Legends. I didn't get the MOBA comparisons until I played it. It's weird that TF2 did that so much better, though to be fair I haven't played that a ton since the Orange Box first came out, so it might have gotten worse over time.

What ways do you think TF2 did better for newcomers? Genuinely curious, I feel like OW does a great job at being positive like the guys discussed on GOTY. I played a decent amount of TF2 (and a lot of TF1) and did not have the same impression when I played them (granted that was ages ago, none or very few online games were friendly to newcomers).

I like OW a ton, the only thing that frustrates me sometimes are teammates being incompetent (not skill wise, just not playing objectives, contesting, etc) but welcome to online gaming right?

Since I still have roughly 3 week left on my medical leave I guess it's time for attempt number #6 at trying to get into the Persona 4 ER... Skipping to Ep5 right away cause I watched the early episodes so many times by now.

It's worth it though. One day when you get through it all, you'll understand.

there's another Resident Evil movie

There's another Underworld movie

RABBIT MYSTERY SOLVED!

j7ZRUc1.gif

Apparently ReCore is getting an add-on: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1330979

Brad might get his closure.

It won't be story content. It'll be the final corebot which should have been in the game from the beginning. It's on the cover of the game but is no where to be found in game lol.

Xater

Of course Dan is wrong about how to pronounce 'Deku', because why would he ever get something right?

Beastcast 2017 prediction: The corrections section will become half the podcast.

Tubobutts

Of course Dan is wrong about how to pronounce 'Deku', because why would he ever get something right?

Beastcast 2017 prediction: The corrections section will become half the podcast.
We already had a preview of that when he was there for a month.

Ketch

What ways do you think TF2 did better for newcomers? Genuinely curious, I feel like OW does a great job at being positive like the guys discussed on GOTY. I played a decent amount of TF2 (and a lot of TF1) and did not have the same impression when I played them (granted that was ages ago, none or very few online games were friendly to newcomers).

I like OW a ton, the only thing that frustrates me sometimes are teammates being incompetent (not skill wise, just not playing objectives, contesting, etc) but welcome to online gaming right?

I can't speak for them, but I think the biggest difference between OW and TF is the much stricter reliance on team comp in OW. And I think that's mostly due to the smaller team size, map design, respawn times and time to kill differences. Like in OW having the right team comp is much more important and everything is just kind of funneled into a "right" way to play the game where as in TF everything is much more chaotic in general and match outcome is more heavily affected by player skill. Like in OW you can do your part and it doesn't really matter what your KDA is, whereas in TF doing your part means having a high KDA despite your class even on support classes like medic and engineer.

Which way is better for new players kind of depends on your mind set I guess. In TF you can play whatever you want whenever you want and it doesn't matter as long as your not getting totally stomped and even then someone else on your team can be doing great and you'll win because of them. But in OW if you don't play the right class or aren't good at your specific role then your team just loses and it's your fault and everyone will let you know how you picked the wrong thing or how your the worst X ever or lol Y on offense no wonder we lost etc.

Phediuk

In the 4/1/2008 Bombcast, Jeff and Ryan discuss the upcoming Gears of War movie (to be released in 2010) and speculate that Gears of War 3 will come out in fall 2010 as a launch game for the next Xbox.

Xater

In the 4/1/2008 Bombcast, Jeff and Ryan discuss the upcoming Gears of War movie (to be released in 2010) and speculate that Gears of War 3 will come out in fall 2010 as a launch game for the next Xbox.

A good chance to say again that last gen went on for way too long.

Mr. F

Banned
I think I'm tapping out of shenmue or at best keeping it on in the background as bonus off topic Beastcasts. This game.

Really enjoyed the holiday Beastcast. Some fun improv absurdity in there. Austin's good at managing these things, firmly enough to get the system across but loosely enough to let people get creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom