• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copenap

Wait, what? Of course Monday is the first day of the week, wath is that nonsense? Saturday and Sunday is even called weekend. It sais it right there. Am I missing something?

Jintor

okay i'm done with trillion for now, just crashed and I lost two weeks of progress and i cbf'd with this game anyway.

It's okay to look at as a management game but the SRPG elements suck balls and the writing is nowhere near as good as I was hoping and people (okay battleship) was hyping

also: deadly premonition. I guess I'm at the VJ final boss and jesus christ what the fuck

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
okay i'm done with trillion for now, just crashed and I lost two weeks of progress and i cbf'd with this game anyway.

It's okay to look at as a management game but the SRPG elements suck balls and the writing is nowhere near as good as I was hoping and people (okay battleship) was hyping

also: deadly premonition. I guess I'm at the VJ final boss and jesus christ what the fuck

Play vc if you want to play an anime srpg with anime archetypes, except like 90s anime archetypes.

oti

Banned
P4 ER was the only ER I could actually watch (twice, even). It's fantastic.
Right now I'm watching LiS (episode 2) and I love it. I bought the game and played the first episode and while I like it I really don't want to play it myself. Seeing Vinny, Alex and Austin discuss the choices is great and I feel like I can focus on the story even more than playing it myself.

Because I'm hella not into uber collecting bottles, sista.

LiK

Right now I'm watching LiS (episode 2) and I love it. I bought the game and played the first episode and while I like it I really don't want to play it myself. Seeing Vinny, Alex and Austin discuss the choices is great and I feel like I can focus on the story even more than playing it myself.

They chose the right ending. I was most worried about that.

Jintor

Play vc if you want to play an anime srpg with anime archetypes, except like 90s anime archetypes.

nah i just liked the initial concept of a management sim where you're just trying to take out a single overwhelming boss. I think the time management bits of Persona always were my favourite bits

except in trillion the single overwhelming boss takes the form of a giant dragon robot thing with a mouthstomach that isn't really that fun to fight.

if i spent a little more time on it or followed a full guide i could probably break it over my knee but eh i can't be stuffed

Jintor

like, if i was going to make a game, and i might one day still, it'd be a time management game like persona but instead of RPG dungeons it would be some kind of 2d bayonetta/character action dealie.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
My ideal game is a persona time management sim too, except the gameplay is a rhythm game, and the "dungeons" are a way for you to practice music until the "boss fight" gig.

Basically nodame cantabile: the rpg.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

Nice shootin Tex.

LiK

Dungeons were always the worst parts of the Persona games, imo. Way too long and repetitive. Always wished they came up with something better.

Jintor

Dungeons were always the worst parts of the Persona games, imo. Way too long and repetitive. Always wished they came up with something better.

think you'll like p5 dungeons. they're much more authored.

still a bit tedious, but so are jrpgs

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, what? Of course Monday is the first day of the week, wath is that nonsense? Saturday and Sunday is even called weekend. It sais it right there. Am I missing something?
Apparently sunday is the start of the week in the US. Most other places worship ISO 8601 like they should.

Why y'all bothering Jeff with your BULLSHIT?
VALIDATION

I tried around 3 different times to watch em and I just can't. There's a lotta community love for the series but it feels like a "had to be there" kinda thing. Mainly because there's just so much of it >,<

Yeah, I don't think I would've ever watched the P4 ER if it wasn't for the couple of months I was unemployed (but already had a new job waiting so had nothing to do) a few years back.

Jintor

i might just best-of a BR run.

also i remember york was up for character of the year that year. Was the discussion any good?

Vinny let it be known that he's a dad in the LiS playthrough.

LiK

I'm guessing the next Hitman elusive contract will be Jeff/Brad and Vinny/Dan? I don't believe we'll get cross country stuff.

Jintor

Watched the first episode of the Personal 4 ED..seems bad.

Is there only two old ED?

it probably takes about 4-5 episodes before jeff and vinny really get into it. Persona 4 has a pretty damn slow start.

On the other hand it's, like, a 100+ hour game

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
RABBIT MYSTERY SOLVED!

My dad emailed me the following this morning after seeing the stream:

"I can shed some light on the dead bunny situation. I was mowing once and ran over a nest of bunnies. It was awful. You guys were discussing how the rabbits wouldn’t hear the mower coming. I think the key here is that they were bunnies, and probably not mobile yet."

He says that it was actually on our side of the fence, right next to the church yard. Case closed!

RABBIT MYSTERY SOLVED!

"I can shed some light on the dead bunny situation. I was mowing once and ran over a nest of bunnies. It was awful. You guys were discussing how the rabbits wouldn’t hear the mower coming. I think the key here is that they were bunnies, and probably not mobile yet."

He says that it was actually on our side of the fence, right next to the church yard. Case closed!

what was the subject line on an email like that

RABBIT MYSTERY SOLVED!

"I can shed some light on the dead bunny situation. I was mowing once and ran over a nest of bunnies. It was awful. You guys were discussing how the rabbits wouldn't hear the mower coming. I think the key here is that they were bunnies, and probably not mobile yet."

Yea that has happened in my family too... my dad definitely ran over a nest on accident once and also our dog found a nest once. They didn't run away or anything, just squealed. Sounded pretty horrible. Enjoyed the stardew stream though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom