• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

Man, do I hate the art style for Ittle Dew 2. Enough to turn me off of the game completely, no matter how good it is otherwise.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Im already sick of Glittermitten Grove

I was already sick of the whole Frog Fractions 2 thing ~2 years ago. For me it's the definition of taking a mildly funny joke waaaaaaay too far.
After the very cool initial reveal I don't think there was anything special about Frog Fractions 1

What ways do you think TF2 did better for newcomers? Genuinely curious, I feel like OW does a great job at being positive like the guys discussed on GOTY. I played a decent amount of TF2 (and a lot of TF1) and did not have the same impression when I played them (granted that was ages ago, none or very few online games were friendly to newcomers).

I like OW a ton, the only thing that frustrates me sometimes are teammates being incompetent (not skill wise, just not playing objectives, contesting, etc) but welcome to online gaming right?

TF2 was goofy fun with simple mechanics and quick respawns, so even if my team lost or I was doing poorly, it was still fun to just mess around. Overwatch was really overwhelming with all its different mechanics and wildly different play styles. The extra recognition stuff actually made me feel worse because I never got recognized for anything, so instead of being somewhere in the middle of a post-match point list, I was ignored while everybody else was recognized.

No_Style

Man, do I hate the art style for Ittle Dew 2. Enough to turn me off of the game completely, no matter how good it is otherwise.

Really? I didn't think it's the best but I don't hate it or think it's ugly. It has a doodle quality to it that's enjoy more than Drawn to Death for example. I like the moving outlines like Vinny. And I like the designs of the characters and enemies.

Jintor

Played the first level of Hitman. Took out Novikov and Margolis in the danger room with headshots and escape through the attic sloppily for my first attempt (3 stars, somehow!). Second time round, I poisoned Viktor's cocktail, drowned him, randomly found Helmut hanging out by some stairs, disguised myself as him, and poisoned Margolis' wine with the poison she gives you.

I know it's the first level, but it almost feels too easy.

hitman is pretty easy if you want to play sloppy, even the elusives can boil down to 'throw a knife at his head and leg it'.

not very satisfying that way though on replays. I don't mind it being easy the first time through, so long as I have to work everything out myself.

I think a lot of ARGs seem like too much effort for not enough exposure.

I altogether hate the idea of ARGs. Its like you're trying to generate interest and excitement by being intentionally vague and locking things behind nonsense puzzles. I never cared for things The Witness or Fez. Its like an overdeveloped decoder ring from A Christmas Story. Get all excited as you're writing down this code then fuck you, drink more Ovaltine.

Played the first level of Hitman. Took out Novikov and Margolis in the danger room with headshots and escape through the attic sloppily for my first attempt (3 stars, somehow!). Second time round, I poisoned Viktor's cocktail, drowned him, randomly found Helmut hanging out by some stairs, disguised myself as him, and poisoned Margolis' wine with the poison she gives you.

If you're only goal is to just complete the objectives then the game can be pretty easy. Almost trivial if you're slavishly following the Opportunities. But if you're invested enough to want to do Silent Assassin (SA) or Suit-only Silent Assassin (SOSA), then the game gets much more difficult.

LiK

Easiest episode, imo. All the ones after it are quite challenging. Save scumming ftw

Oh man AGDQ starts tomorrow and they actually have games on the schedule they have not done a hundred times already. Exciting!

Going over the list, there's some good new games on there. No Super Mario Maker is a bummer.

And seeing it on the list reminded me. Vinny should do a La-Mulana EX playthrough.

X6wY5fI.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom