• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phediuk

In the 4/22/2008 Bombcast, the Crew talks a bunch about the exclusive demo of This is Vegas that they played at a Midway event.

I was wondering why the fuck the game didn't sound familiar, since what they were describing sounded cool. Turns out the game was never released, since Midway went bankrupt and Warner Bros. bought the game and then sat on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_Vegas

Had a $40-50m budget too.

Teddified

First people say Junior position then I read "new blood" Are Giant Bomb vampires that need to feed on the blood of young people?

I'm just asking questions.

hamchan

I'm not sure if VICE needs a documentary guy

Does Waypoint VICE need an Irish fanfic writer who writes about Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso hooking up and giving birth to the ultimate Formula 1 driver who is inexplicably called Danny?

Oh and also they're all in high school for some reason.

Salarians

tumblr_inline_oaofj6i8ie1rp4qx2_540.gif

I live in San Francisco already...

Why not me 🤔
how tasty is your blood? I mean, how good are you on camera?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Let's say they do a Don Bradman 17 Quick Look. Would you prefer GBEast or GBWest + Danny to do it?
What if I told you Danny is actually moving to the east coast?
Unless plans have changed.

Does Waypoint VICE need an Irish fanfic writer who writes about Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso hooking up and giving birth to the ultimate Formula 1 driver who is inexplicably called Danny?

Oh and also they're all in high school for some reason.
You know with an actual Schumacher son climbing ranks right now and Verstappen already where he is...there is something there...

popo

With his current job I bet Danny moves out of the bay area as soon as his lease ends, no reason to pay those prices if you don't have to.

Also.

If a GAF'er got the GB job it would be an instant unsub from me. But they only hire from within anyway, Jeff likely already has a short list.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
If a GAF'er got the GB job it would be an instant unsub from me. But they only hire from within anyway, Jeff likely already has a short list.
What if I told you Klepek has a single digit user id on GAF?

You were listening to GAFers all along.

LiK

Man, the Hitman video with the developers is just awesome. You learn so many lil tips. Can't wait to use what I learned.

jambo

Jeff literally said on Jar time that he has no idea who it's going to be, so I doubt he has a list.

popo

Can anyone give a quick recap of the Q's asked on the latest Jar time? Thx.

What if I told you Klepek has a single digit user id on GAF?

You were listening to GAFers all along.

I know. I never really liked Patrick.

Jeff literally said on Jar time that he has no idea who it's going to be, so I doubt he has a list.

People say a lot of things. I have no reason to doubt him but if they end up hiring a complete unknown I would be shocked.

Maybe before he was nominated for Trending Gamer, now he is in another stratosphere.

I dunno. After costs, taxes, insurance, etc. I don't think he would be totally out of their league. Not that he is going to abandon his new company that is already successful anyway.

For Jeff hiring a junior could mean someone in their 30s :D

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It's not like people knew Austin. I mean they probably did, but I don't think he was anyone's guess.

popo

It's not like people knew Austin. I mean they probably did, but I don't think he was anyone's guess.

He was already writing about games for a living. He wasn't one of their friends so there was that at least that.

I wasn't criticising their hiring practice so much as pointing out to people applying. CBS always publicly opens submissions and a lot of hopefuls applied for the job when Dan and Jason were hired - leading a lot of disappointment when they picked two GI guys.

Point being, if you want to work games media and you are not already doing something (be it video editing, blogging or on youtube) I can't see your application making the cut.

LiK

GB is hiring the same way most places do, with connections or personal recs as priority. Posting the job publicly is just part of the procedures. I think anyone here who doesn't know them or people they know will have a much harder time unless their resume and personality fits what they want exactly.

Jintor

Honestly in this new age I don't even think you're competitive without production experience of some kind. At the very least have a bunch of YouTube videos to show or something

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
In more recent times the podcast has actually become the most important GB part for me, so I hope they get someone that meshes really well in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom