• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wait... didn't Alex and Vinny do an Unfinished of it months ago?! I can't find any reference to it on the site or QLcrew. Weird, since that video is the only reason I know what it is.

Am I going insane?

They didn't, but I have a distinct memory of them talking with austin about it on the beastcast, so you might have got it from that.

kai3345

Banned
i like how jeff is starting off upf talking about how his mic at home sounds bad, probably unbeknownst to the fact that his mic on the show sounds like garbage too lol

dh4niel

How many units are there?

everyone.gif

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Lots of people with houses don't have kids. Lots of people
without houses do have kids.
I bring it up in a chiding manner because in his first GOTY appearance he emphatically declared he would never want to buy/own a home, apartments were all he ever wanted to live in during the mortgage discussion. He's said the same about child rearing (never wanting to have them).

But yes lots of people with houses don't have kids and people without houses do have kids.

I shall inform Ripley's Believe It or Not 🤔

Megasoum

Banned
Halo Wars looks cool for what it is (never played the first one) and I wish I cared about Halo enough to play it (or if they would make a similar game in a universe I care about).

Curious to see how the PC crowd will react since it's kinda barebone compared to a real PC RTS.

Tagyhag

Halo Wars looks cool for what it is (never played the first one) and I wish I cared about Halo enough to play it (or if they would make a similar game in a universe I care about).

Curious to see how the PC crowd will react since it's kinda barebone compared to a real PC RTS.

Yep, Halo Wars 1 was good, for a console RTS, but playing it on PC you can tell how extremely shallow (and easy) it is with a mouse.

That said, RTS'es aren't a booming genre right now so I'll take what I can get.

Yep, Halo Wars 1 was good, for a console RTS, but playing it on PC you can tell how extremely shallow (and easy) it is with a mouse.

That said, RTS'es aren't a booming genre right now so I'll take what I can get.

May not be a booming genre, but Dawn of War III is looking fucking sick.

ArjanN

This Blue Bombin was pretty bad with that stuff. Like I don't expect them to follow the game that closely, but Vinny and Dan completely ignored it for for 80% of the video.

I thought the previous episodes had a bit too much of that as well, where after 5 minutes Alex is essentially playing the game by himself while Vinny and Dan go off on some unrelated tangent.

May not be a booming genre, but Dawn of War III is looking fucking sick.

Correct.

ZA92WtQ.gif

Megasoum

Banned
I've been thinking about finally playing through Warcraft 3 which, for weird reasons, never actually played the campaign seriously.

I'm not sure how well it aged on modern PCs tho and also I've never been a fan of RTS where you have to micro-manage one or many heroes in the middle of an army.

Or maybe I should re-install World in Conflict which is perfectly in my wheelhouse (somewhat realistic modern military stuff) but I remember it crashing a lot the last time I tried it.

So many good but long videos this week..feels like I need an 8 hour work shift today just to try to catch up! I guess it's a good problem to have...

At least I can put blue bombin in the background while getting some housework done

Edit: Holy shit @ that dawn of war gif, I had a ton of fun with DOW2 but never finished the campaign for some reason. I might have to get a new PC for this new one...

Tagyhag

I've been thinking about finally playing through Warcraft 3 which, for weird reasons, never actually played the campaign seriously.

I'm not sure how well it aged on modern PCs tho and also I've never been a fan of RTS where you have to micro-manage one or many heroes in the middle of an army.

Or maybe I should re-install World in Conflict which is perfectly in my wheelhouse (somewhat realistic modern military stuff) but I remember it crashing a lot the last time I tried it.

The campaign still holds up, and it's a lot of fun.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of micromanaging the heroes either (It's a bit too clunky) but for the campaign, you really don't have to worry about that unless you're playing on hard mode. Normal you're good to go.

A heal here, a heal there is basically the extent of what's needed of your hero.

WC3 is good fun. It's like the Dawn of War 2 singleplayer campaigns in that it is almost RPG-like, due to heroes and items. I mean, it's still an RTS, but the missions themselves are way beyond just skirmishes; there's a lot of cinematics, and it tells a story from several angles. ROC's campaign will be primitive compared to TFT's, but both are fully worth playing.

Like, I played hundreds of hours of WC3, and don't think I spent more than a few hours playing straight skirmishes. WC3 is special like that, in that there's a lot to do beyond the usual RTS faire.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I just can't imagine playing an RTS with a controller. I can't even play an FPS with one. I'm not saying it's impossible but it's impossible.

Edit: The shipping completely kills my interest in GB merch. I wouldn't mind buying some shot glasses or something but it's not worth the price.

Hjod

Banned
I just ordered that shirt a pint glass and a coffee cup.

I'm drunk and I know customs are going to charge me extra.

I just can't imagine playing an RTS with a controller. I can't even play an FPS with one. I'm not saying it's impossible but it's impossible.

Edit: The shipping completely kills my interest in GB merch. I wouldn't mind buying some shot glasses or something but it's not worth the price.

I finished the campaign of the first Halo Wars with a controller. It was a struggle. It's the best attempt someone has made at a control scheme (haven't played 2 yet) but it's still not good.

There were a few attempts at it over the first few years of that gen. I owned Battle for Middle Earth II on 360, now that was awful. The game was actually good since I had played the PC version and that was fine, but the controls were so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom