• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phediuk

In the 5/6/2008 Bombcast, Ryan and Jeff discuss Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, and Jeff says that he thought the title was "Motorstorm: Pacific Rim, but that must be a different movie."

Phediuk

Also, Ryan and Jeff were really pumped for Resistance 2 in the same episode. Jeff said his mind was blown by the technical achievements of what he saw, and is bummed that everyone is excited for Killzone 2 while Resistance 2 is "quietly amazing".

I don't recall them giving a shit at all about Resistance 2 when it actually came out, but I guess I'll get there soon enough.

Speaking of Mass Effect 2 saves, between ME2 and 3 I switched from playing games on console to PC. When ME3 came out I was able to, through an absurd series of extractors, converters and other magic I didn't understand, import my Xbox 360 Mass Effect 2 save into the PC version of ME3. It felt insane at the time.

Phediuk

Also, Jeff was obsessed with Audiosurf for months. He was really high on it back in February and he's still raving about it in May.

Zaph

Also, Ryan and Jeff were really pumped for Resistance 2 in the same episode. Jeff said his mind was blown by the technical achievements of what he saw, and is bummed that everyone is excited for Killzone 2 while Resistance 2 is "quietly amazing".

I don't recall them giving a shit at all about Resistance 2 when it actually came out, but I guess I'll get there soon enough.

I'm enjoying these little flashbacks. Wish there was something similar to the GB History twitter, but for Bombcast predictions/quotes.

Also, Jeff was obsessed with Audiosurf for months. He was really high on it back in February and he's still raving about it in May.

I neeeever understood Audiosurf's appeal. You import whatever music you want and then it generates a level that vaguely translates the loudness of the song into your speed and then adds a bunch of other shit that rarely lands on the beat.

Phediuk

In the 5/6/2008 Bombcast:

Jeff: "I think it'd be cool if a new X-COM came out and mattered like the first two did."
Ryan: "I don't think that'll ever happen."
Jeff: "I think you're probably right."
Ryan: "I think that was a 'moment in time' kinda thing."
Jeff: "It'll probably be the sort of thing you see with Fallout, they'll announce, you know, if they're actually working on this, they'll announce the X-COM game, it will be vastly different than what the, the first couple of games were, and as a result, everyone will turn on it and go, 'This is evil, you're ruining the--the series has been ruined.'"

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Counterpoint: Frog Fractions 2: The Game Not the ARG is fun and worthwhile. Don't watch a video, just play it.

Phediuk

In the 5/6/2008 Bombcast, Jeff said that GTA4's story was so emotional and hit so close to home that he had to stop playing at one point.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I found my old game collection when I was home and now I'm sitting here debating whether I should try and play Dungeon Lords. The only memory I have of this game is that the world was completely empty and I glitched into a locked room after 5 hours and stopped playing. But I'm 99% sure I'm the only person in the world who bought this game, so it'd be interesting to see more of it? I guess?

SvoFC93.gif

We live.

Phediuk

Later, Jeff says GTA4's story is "absolutely fantastic", a "watershed moment for gaming", and that it blows away Mass Effect and Half-Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom