• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time Jeff really liked the story and/or storytelling in a game? That's actually pretty rare.

And interesting to see that Danny had the game early. He still has the gaming journo access.

Doom? Or was that Brad.

Remember, Doom almost won Best Story.

Xater

It's kinda insane that I could buy a PS4 including 5 games for less than a Switch and one game and I'm still leaning more towards the Switch because of a Zelda game I'm super skeptical about and a Mario game that comes out in 6-12 months.

I'm glad I cancelled my pre-order for now, I really need to think this over. There is really no logical explanation why I feel the way I do.

I would call that crazy.

I like Zelda and Mario, but having a PS4 and Xbox One I see no reason to get a Switch right now. At least not at these prices. Maybe by the end of the year it could be worth it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
See, here's the thing, I see the switch completely as my vita and 3ds replacement. It exists separate outside the main console.

oti

Banned
I would call that crazy.

I like Zelda and Mario, but having a PS4 and Xbox One I see no reason to get a Switch right now. At least not at these prices. Maybe by the end of the year it could be worth it.

Unless one really, REALLY, wants Zelda I see no reason why to get a Switch right now. There are so many great games out there.

I really want Zelda tho so I'm gettin a Switch #YOLO #mybankaccountwhitemanblinkinggif

Ideally Switch is the last Nintendo hardware I have to buy in a while to play the two or three Nintendo games a year. Couldn't care less about third party support or w/e.

I've seen some asking for a proper 3DS successor and please no.

Hindl

Damn good to see Horizon coming through. Though like others said, it's like Far Cry, which is right up Jeff's (and my) alley. Too bad I just started Yakuza 0 and have Nioh on the way, plus the Switch.

Unless one really, REALLY, wants Zelda I see no reason why to get a Switch right now. There are so many great games out there.

I really want Zelda tho so I'm gettin a Switch #YOLO #mybankaccountwhitemanblinkinggif

Yeah, I'm really excited for one, partially because I really like the hardware, but there isn't much there. I'm getting one cuz I need Zelda + Puyo Puyo Tetris and Rime are coming soon after release, but most people should wait till the fall

That thread is actually pretty tame for a big exclusive title. Wait for the Zelda thread for real fireworks.

That'll be a bloodbath

See, here's the thing, I see the switch completely as my vita and 3ds replacement. It exists separate outside the main console.

This too, I'm with Jeff in that I want to see more 3DS type titles announced for it

Frontpage of imgur today: http://imgur.com/gallery/YkAHD
(Check the comments)

Tvdf3KE.gif

Xater

I have little interest in a portable. I don't want to carry anything around besides my phone. Switch is also honestly too big for that. There might be some times where portable mode could be useful at home to me, but for the mist part I just play in my TV.

Is the video buddy app basically dead for everyone else?

Works for me on iOS. Casting is still fucked though.

Where is the Horizon quick look dammit

Embargo might have been just for reviews and not video.

Disregarding the score, Jeff seems very excited about Horizon and its made me very excited.

"Near perfect story" is quite the high praise, especially from Jeff.

I don't really rate Jeff's opinion when it comes to narrative. The two reviews I've read criticized the game's self-serious, humorless tone, which is what I got from trailers and previews too. It seems like an interesting world with a bland story.

Also Jeff is the guy that thought reading a wiki page was a fair assessment of a game's story, so

Joeku

People keep stressing about how long it will take them to finish it, when it has only just stared. They are not playing it for review, there is no arbatory deadline they have to hit.

I'd just be worried that if they take too long to finish one they wouldn't want to do any more after the first.

I was looking at other 5 star reviews and I honestly did forget that Brad reviewed MGSV.

Why I will never trust a Brad review again.

Drew becoming a meme is up there with random Big Brother gifs becoming memes. How does it happen and why so far after when the gifs first surface? I will never understand the internet. Shit is just random.

Combination of utility, the joke itself, and the shortness of the gif. It's a very simple, straightforward reaction that isn't over the top and yet is still humorous due to the close up shot. It's an expression that can be applied to a lot of things. The joke formula (y, x, y:drew) is simple and short, allowing it to take off on Twitter where most of this stuff is born. It also started with a somewhat controversial topic, which always creates traction.

Also Drew is handsome as fuck so that probably has something to do with it.

repeater

Drew becoming a meme is up there with random Big Brother gifs becoming memes. How does it happen and why so far after when the gifs first surface? I will never understand the internet. Shit is just random.
That's where you're wrong. Drew's ascension to memehood is clearly part of the divine plan.

Why I will never trust a Brad review again.

Combination of utility, the joke itself, and the shortness of the gif. It's a very simple, straightforward reaction that isn't over the top and yet is still humorous due to the close up shot. It's an expression that can be applied to a lot of things. The joke formula (y, x, y:drew) is simple and short, allowing it to take off on Twitter where most of this stuff is born. It also started with a somewhat controversial topic, which always creates traction.

Bro were you get your bachelor's in Memeology from?

r/memeeconomy gone serious.

The Switch is a wonderful-looking and versatile portable that I can throw into the bag I'm always carrying around, and that I can use to play Nintendo games and indie games on the train. The fact that I can use it on the TV is neither here nor there- I will doubtless do that occasionally, but I use my 3DS more than any console at home anyway.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I would use my 3DS more IF THE STANDBY TIMES WEREN'T SO GARBAGE.

And the fact that they did some garbage where the thing can barely draw a charge if you hook it up to a battery pack.

God, at some point I just got sick of it hardware wise, which is why I'm looking forward to the switch. I even see the switch more as a vita successor than a 3DS successor. A no compromise, high end handheld.

TraBuch

Banned
I am a big MGS fan and MGSV is a great game.
It's just not MGS2 levels good but most things aren't.
MGSV played great but the thing it's missing is what I think most long-time MGS fans want in an MGS game, mainly the bonkers ass story and characters.

daveo42

Banned
Woke up to high praise for a Guerrilla game. I'm actually shocked at how well it's been reviewed.

MGSV played great but the thing it's missing is what I think most long-time MGS fans want in an MGS game, mainly the bonkers ass story and characters.

I mean, it barely had these two major things to begin with. The only two redeeming qualities it had was it ran well and it had absolutely top-notch gameplay. The story, characters, and well everything else was shit.

TraBuch

Banned
Woke up to high praise for a Guerrilla game. I'm actually shocked at how well it's been reviewed.

I mean, it barely had these two major things to begin with. The only two redeeming qualities it had was it ran well and it had absolutely top-notch gameplay. The story, characters, and well everything else was shit.
That's what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom