• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
And special guest star the slab

Co-starring courage the cowardly dog.

rzpo1.gif

danm999

Super curious how Horizon ends up reviewing. It's always looked pretty good in combat previews but some of that dialogue stuff looked rough.

They've all been saying the Far Cry games were getting too samey. I'm surprised because I figured third person bow combat wasn't going to be enough to shake that feeling.

The setting and story seem to have captivated him. Jeff called the story "near perfect." That's the biggest surprise, how much praise the writing is getting.

Antiwhippy

I don't know why, but i was expecting the game to be mediocre.

It got that narrative because people discovered it was like a far cry when they thought it was going to be something super groundbreaking.

Which while i recognise far cry is not a thing for me anymore, at least not at full price, it's still a series loved by many, including Jeff.

Antiwhippy

Also goddamn, another longass game for March. Who's going to find the time for horizon, nier and Zelda? I'm at the 30 hour mark for nioh myself and still nowhere near finished.

Joeku

The setting and story seem to have captivated him. Jeff called the story "near perfect." That's the biggest surprise, how much praise the writing is getting.

Based on everything in the trailers, I am still unsure of that. That dialogue was some oldschool mid-2000s stuff. I dunno, guess I'll see in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom