• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing Dan is like when Vinny left. They're both full of energy. Altho I think it's fine that Bombcast is more laid back while Beastcast is more hyper.
They just need another person who can match Brad and Jeff. Drew is great but is less involved in the industry and naturally more quiet, same with Jason

LiK

They just need another person who can match Brad and Jeff. Drew is great but is less involved in the industry and naturally more quiet, same with Jason

Yea, and they'll need to come up with a lot of new features. Dan came up with some pretty popular ones.

Fobwashed

I enjoyed them but you need to skip around the very long dungeon parts. I didn't watch them until after I beat P4G the year before. Still fun but you'll def need to know which parts have the highlights. I basically skipped to cutscenes, boss fights, town/school stuff and most of the parts where they created new Personas. The dungeon grinding can be skipped since they don't say much during them anyway. Sometimes I left them as background noise cuz the dungeon music is great anyway.

There are alot of lol-worthy commentary so you should try watching them again but skip anything you find boring.

I think someone was editing together highlights or an HD remake but yea, the game feels too long to not watch these at the time of. Same goes for stuff like the last Metal Drew Scanlon. Too much filler non-story stuff in that game made for some fun moments sprinkled onto hours and hours of busywork.

Fobwashed

I ended up watching the whole thing when I was super into Persona 4 Golden. When I reached a dungeon where I could grind for a bit, I would catch up on the endurance run to the point I was on in the story.

it was a pretty great way to enjoy both the Endurance Run and Persona 4 Golden.

Def playing the game while watching an ER is a good way to go but I just don't have the time to play Persona games. I did do that w/Deadly Premonition back in the day and holy shit what a great/crazy game.

LiK

I think someone was editing together highlights or an HD remake but yea, the game feels too long to not watch these at the time of. Same goes for stuff like the last Metal Drew Scanlon. Too much filler non-story stuff in that game made for some fun moments sprinkled onto hours and hours of busywork.

Hopefully you can have time to go through them. Def watch all the cutscene parts tho. The commentary is so damn funny.

Chumley

Banned
Lastest Beastcast was great. As for UPF, I realize this may be an unpopular opinion that makes me sound like a jerk, but I've always found Rorie to be incredibly boring and mundane. Losing Dan feels like almost a fatal blow to GBWest, they couldn't really afford to lose someone with energy. Hopefully Jeff gets around to finding someone soon.

Eh? I swear I did Duolingo in Japanese like a year or three ago. Or maybe that was something else.

I wouldn't mind learning Spanish, but I have JPN and Mando to learn first...

No Japanese or Chinese, but they're working on Klingon and High Valyrian!

I think they have English for Japanese speakers, though.

Jintor

Wow what a good idea... maybe it's just their code software works better with more heavily related languages than shit with characters...

Giganteus

Lastest Beastcast was great. As for UPF, I realize this may be an unpopular opinion that makes me sound like a jerk, but I've always found Rorie to be incredibly boring and mundane. Losing Dan feels like almost a fatal blow to GBWest, they couldn't really afford to lose someone with energy. Hopefully Jeff gets around to finding someone soon.
I can see why people wouldn't like Rorie for various reasons, but boring and mundane are really weird ones. I can only see someone thinking that if they've only ever seen him on a few UPFs and the Bombcast, or something. Dude's a character.

Mr. F

Banned
Took a second to remember during UPF that this is more or less the new makeup of the show. Dan's absence is going to be felt, Jeff has nobody to go on wrestling tangents with while Drew plays some boring war thing.

I really enjoy Rorie, I personally don't like Jason. I find he just feels no matter what's said he needs to reply or talk. Like he trys way too hard. Am I alone in feeling this?

Chumley

Banned
I really enjoy Rorie, I personally don't like Jason. I find he just feels no matter what's said he needs to reply or talk. Like he trys way too hard. Am I alone in feeling this?

I feel the opposite. IMO Rorie always interjects with something really mundane and not even related to what they're talking about, like Jeff says "I was thinking about Stree Overlord the other day" and then he'll reply right away with "Oh yeah, they updated WoW this morning" or something like that. Like who gives a shit.

Chuck

Still without luck
Took a second to remember during UPF that this is more or less the new makeup of the show. Dan's absence is going to be felt, Jeff has nobody to go on wrestling tangents with while Drew plays some boring war thing.

If UPF wasn't bad already, and it was already really bad, it's on its way beyond unwatchable.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

Like, that's a bad thing?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If there were more best of videos, I probably wouldn't watch hardly any of the content to be honest. Their videos go so long and I'm noticing more and more how much time I spend not playing games to watch them play games hoping to hear some good goofs and gags.

Like I cna play Truck Sim while I watch, but I don't always want to play Truck Sim.

Chumley

Banned

I still don't get the thinking behind sending Dan to GBEast instead of trying to hire someone new out there.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wait, do people seriously think Giantbomb is the kind of operation that does things like making people move states for work

Salarians

here is a wonderful image of Overwatcher of the year to brighten up your day
C1kEVjwW8AAWtCX

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad I'd finished Frog Fractions 2 before watching the QL, because Jeff really spoiled a bunch of really neat discoveries in that world, and also kinda sequence broke. A bit of a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom