• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

I need a new game to sink my teeth in. Any recommendations? I'm playing some Diablo 3 now, but I need a new game. Something like Stardew Valley, The Witcher 3 did for a while.

I'm thinking maybe Darkest Dungeon?

i started Tokyo Mirage Sessions yesterday and it's great. can't wait for P5? play TMS. it has all the vibes.

really happy Alex talked about it on GOTY now.

No, I thought I would probably need a break, but now I might need to buy it.

You NEED it.

I'm just about to start this, is it really 30 hours long?

I finished the main quest in about 20 and there was still plenty to do. It all varies but there is a lot there.

I'm only in chapter 3 of FFXV, but I'm like level 35. I don't think the story missions scale, either.

You can probably beat the game at that level.

Phediuk

In the 5/27/2008 Bombcast, there's an email from a guy who says he doesn't like games that are built around user-created stages. He doesn't find them fun and asks the crew what the appeal is. Jeff agrees, saying they're "totally not my thing. Like, building a level, not into it."

Jeff then says that building things that one can use, like the vehicles in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, is much more appealing to him.

LiK

In the 5/27/2008 Bombcast, there's an email from a guy who says he doesn't like games that are built around user-created stages. He doesn't find them fun and asks the crew what the appeal is. Jeff agrees, saying they're "totally not [his] thing."

Jeff has changed.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Mario Maker is kinda the only one for Jeff. He often said it's what he wished to do as a kid.

You NEED it.
Yeah, I probably do...

This is the only shit that's left for me:
20170107212518_1l9sfl.jpg

Gurrry

In the 5/27/2008 Bombcast, there's an email from a guy who says he doesn't like games that are built around user-created stages. He doesn't find them fun and asks the crew what the appeal is. Jeff agrees, saying they're "totally not my thing. Like, building a level, not into it."

Jeff then says that building things that one can use, like the vehicles in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, is much more appealing to him.

Honestly though, most games with level creators arent anywhere near as good as mario maker. MM was the first time I wanted to dabble in creating things because the tools were so accessible and their curation system meant that people would play it.

Other games require you to market and get the mode/map you make popular on your own. Aint no one got time for that.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Don't do those.
They are 90% boring treasure that doesn't help you after finishing the game.
Yeah I'm not planning to. Not sure why they felt they needed to put that crap in one of the biggest single player games ever with maybe the most polished content ever..

chogidogs

So, 10 years have passed since you got stuck inside the crystal and you're back to a changed Lucis overrun by demons and decay. The setup is intriguing and it makes you want to find out what happens next. What do they do here? They throw fucking demons nonstop as if they already know where you are which doesn't make sense because at that point you're kind of coming back by surprise.

I think the deemons on Golden Quay were the people there that turned to monsters. I remember a post from the FFXV OT that mentioned that the clothes of the lady that gives you bounties is there where she should be standing so that kinda means she turned to a baddie.

So it's not more on the daemons are there to surprise you, they are just there because there were alot of people there before.

jaina

I think the deemons on Golden Quay were the people there that turned to monsters. I remember a post from the FFXV OT that mentioned that the clothes of the lady that gives you bounties is there where she should be standing so that kinda means she turned to a baddie.

So it's not more on the daemons are there to surprise you, they are just there because there were alot of people there before.
I super enjoyed sneaking around in this
nightmare. Really made the world of ruin change work for me.

(still talking about FF XV endgame here)

jaina

Created by an 18 year old, who launched it in 2016 and sold it in 2016. Now he's a (I have to assume) rich 18 year old.

most likely 19 by now, I'm pretty sure. Soon he won't know what to do with his life, like every GAFer in his early 20s.

if jeff ever plays new games during one of these, lemme know, because i'm tired of clicking only to get disappointed.
Would you consider trackmania 2 stadium a new enough game?

chogidogs

I super enjoyed sneaking around in this
nightmare. Really made the world of ruin change work for me.

(still talking about FF XV endgame here)

Yup, that part was way too short but very compelling. Wish they would have spent half the game in that place.

jaina

Oh, they're switching offices again? Bummer.

On a different note, I was fine with them discussing the Nintendo Switch during the next UPF.

Meneses

Been playing COD and the Campaign has been fun so far.

The fighter missions are getting me hyped for dat Ace Combat goodness.

Megasoum

Banned
Been playing COD and the Campaign has been fun so far.

The fighter missions are getting me hyped for dat Ace Combat goodness.

I REALLY loved the COD:IW campaign. Like between that and TF2's campaign we got two amazing SP FPS campaigns this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom