• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Steins;gate 0 seriously has one of the funniest "supposed to be an american accent, but is clearly japanese" english that I've heard in awhile.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Picross 3D Round 2 is really good. I'm glad I picked it up during the GOTY discussions. I was hesitant with the price, but it's a solid game with lots of puzzles. I've apparently put 21 hours into already and I'm only on puzzle book 17. I am playing on hard and getting the highest badge rating for each puzzle, though.

I don't know if anyone will've noticed, but I used to cast videos from GB to my Chromecast with that chromecast button. But now I've seen that it has disappeared, at least in Safari...

Has anyone else noticed?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, playing steins;gate 0 just made me want to replay the original. In a good way. Really liking the way the story is going

Also because I keep thinking "Fuck this man you fucking did it okabe, we fucking saved her"

Salarians

I think I've found my future wife.
tumblr_o6yld0dPd21rc5lb9o1_250.gif

Edit:
god damn you Meneses

Wunder

Picross 3D Round 2 is really good. I'm glad I picked it up during the GOTY discussions. I was hesitant with the price, but it's a solid game with lots of puzzles. I've apparently put 21 hours into already and I'm only on puzzle book 17. I am playing on hard and getting the highest badge rating for each puzzle, though.

the only way to play

LiK

Steins;gate 0 seriously has one of the funniest "supposed to be an american accent, but is clearly japanese" english that I've heard in awhile.

yup, there's also a guy in Tokyo Mirage Sessions who's supposed to be a white American but his English is just a Japanese guy trying too hard lol

Well, I just finished FFXV and the post game contents(which are great except for one or two dungeons that are either boring or convoluted as shit). Seeing as how this is my final(heh) game to play before I decide on my top 10 of the year, it's safe to say that this won't be in it. I'll admit I was so close to putting it on my list but after thinking more about it, I came away from it being more frustrated than head over heels for it.

While the soundtrack is the strongest thing in the game, the graphics and certainly the story are not. They're wholly inconsistent. The game looks amazing in some spots then absolute dogshit in other areas. The story which is the element that frustrates me the most because here's the thing, it's actually a good if not great story on paper. Like the ideas and everything range from good to great it's just such a shame that the execution is ALL OVER THE PLACE. You get CGI cutscenes, you get in engine cutscenes that are either terrible or good, some of the cutscenes are weirdly edited denying you that emotional punch you're supposed to be getting from what's happening and it goes on and on. Gameplay wise it's fine, it certainly gets abit boring though after a while.

The game starts out good but then midway through(chapter 8-9) it stumbles upon itself and dives headfirst into the ground and then when it starts getting interesting again(final chapter) it ends. I'll talk about one thing that pissed me off the most in the final chapter(SPOILERS).
So, 10 years have passed since you got stuck inside the crystal and you're back to a changed Lucis overrun by demons and decay. The setup is intriguing and it makes you want to find out what happens next. What do they do here? They throw fucking demons nonstop as if they already know where you are which doesn't make sense because at that point you're kind of coming back by surprise. It's a very interesting chapter where you are kind of able to talk with NPC's to get a jist of what the fuck happened and the whole mood of the situation is well done. You meet up with your buddies and then you head off to reclaim your throne. The music and everything else is great BUT it's sad that it ruins itself by overthrowing more and more demons at you which get you out from soaking in this moment of you coming back and reclaiming the throne because the music turns into the same old battle music and once you're done with the fight it returns back to that epic "let's do this guys, let's get back my throne" track. Like they don't give you that moment, they don't give you enough time to soak in that lead up to the entrance of the building where your throne lies.

To it's credit, it ends very well but because the game stumbled in it's own shit the impact you're supposed to get is just not there but you could see that the ideas are good. If the execution was there, we could have had something very memorable. Like the strongest cutscene in the game is the post credits scene which is a flashback to a certain moment and that few minutes made me feel something even if by that point I didn't necessarily care about the story as a whole because it was very well executed. I wish the entire game was executed as well as that scene.

LiK

Why do people make these 3 hour analysis videos of games on YouTube? They never need to be that long, who even wants to watch something this length. Everyone thinks they can be Mr Plinkett or some shit by making long, boring ass "critiques".

Matthewmatosis is the only guy I would watch for that long cuz his analysis is amazing.

Mr. F

Banned
I can't for the life of me bring myself to keep going with FFXV. Every time I inch a bit further I hit a wall and drop it again. Evidently I'm not seeing what a lot of people did.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
On the other hand I now finished Witcher 3 and Hearts of Stone and kinda want to keep going. And I usually don't like open world games...

Gurrry

AGDQ starts in about 15 minutes!

I love these streams. Something about having it just on in the background all week even if im not watching just makes me feel relaxed.

kai3345

Banned
I can't for the life of me bring myself to keep going with FFXV. Every time I inch a bit further I hit a wall and drop it again. Evidently I'm not seeing what a lot of people did.

Yeah I completed just the first chapter, not even doing that many side missions, and I already feel burnt out on the game.

I just kept going until the game turned into a straight line.

Yeah, the entire map is for the most part empty but I do love the car. It lets me relax while Ignis drives to where I want to be(I fucking hate nights though). I can't deny that the game has spectacle and all but man, it could have been so much more but I can't blame them as well. It's been a decade in the making.

LiK

Yeah, the entire map is for the most part empty but I do love the car. It lets me relax while Ignis drives to where I want to be(I fucking hate nights though). I can't deny that the game has spectacle and all but man, it could have been so much more but I can't blame them as well. It's been a decade in the making.

i think that was the intent and it worked for me. just listening to some tunes on the way there. i would check GAF while that happened.

Chuck

Still without luck
AGDQ starts in about 15 minutes!

I love these streams. Something about having it just on in the background all week even if im not watching just makes me feel relaxed.
Everyone please use the #agdq hashtag when tweeting about it so my filter can take out all of that bullshit.

I need a new game to sink my teeth in. Any recommendations? I'm playing some Diablo 3 now, but I need a new game. Something like Stardew Valley, The Witcher 3 did for a while.

I'm thinking maybe Darkest Dungeon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom