• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
From the 3 FPS I played this year, Doom was the less fun and the only one that had me bored half way through.

Yeah same for me

I mean... I actually enjoyed what I played so far (I'm at the first level in Hell now) but I stopped playing for a little bit and I just can't get back into it. There's some level of tension associated with that game that rubs me the wrong way when I play it.

LiK

Yeah it was all right but very "by the book" like previous BF campaign (altough still better than BF3/BF4). Nowhere near as good as COD or TF2 tho.

Hopefully EA/DICE learned from BF1 and SW Battlefront 2 will have a similar campaign showing different sides of the war.

D6K5Yqc.png

Very nice.

I think the deemons on Golden Quay were the people there that turned to monsters. I remember a post from the FFXV OT that mentioned that the clothes of the lady that gives you bounties is there where she should be standing so that kinda means she turned to a baddie.

So it's not more on the daemons are there to surprise you, they are just there because there were alot of people there before.

FFXV (last chapter spoilers)

They could have easily not throw them at you so that you could soak in the moment and the weight of whatever happened, like the chapter could have been much better if they scaled back stuff and did it differently. The whole thing should feel melancholy and depressing but instead it turns into "Oh here's battle #958372".

Phediuk

6/3/2008 Bombcast: Jeff has nothing but glowing praise for the Bionic Commando demo he played.

Also, Capcom held a whole press event just for their own games, and they had so many that Jeff didn't have time to see them all.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
6/3/2008 Bombcast: Jeff has nothing but glowing praise for the Bionic Commando demo he played.

Also, Capcom held a whole press event just for their own games, and they had so many that Jeff didn't have time to see them all.
Was that the year where they flew everyone out to Hawaii?

They got some flak for that and Jeff was actually kinda pissed because Capcom USA is in San Francisco.

Very nice.

They could have easily not throw them at you so that you could soak in the moment and the weight of whatever happened, like the chapter could have been much better if they scaled back stuff and did it differently. The whole thing should feel melancholy and depressing but instead it turns into "Oh here's battle #958372".
Jeff said he was going to be out of town so maybe he is going to a Nintendo event to check the Switch out.

Phediuk

You know, I find it remarkable in retrospect that GRIN developed two Bionic Commando games at the same time, and one of them (Rearmed) was totally awesome while the other (the AAA reboot) was totally "meh".

Of course, in the 6/3/2008 Bombcast, it's the AAA one that Jeff is really pumped for. Brad, on the other hand, is more interested in Rearmed.

silentg

Please keep these coming.

Catvoca

Banned
My sister teaches English classes in Italy and she says the kids dab whenever they get a question right. Like they're just constantly dabbing all the time.

oti

Banned
Kick them out of the EU.

Hey man. No need to be that drastic about it. Like, I get it. I get that hate for this dabbing thing. I really do. But throwing Italy out of the EU? Only idiots would leave the EU and it's unethical to throw someone out of the EU.

silentg

My sister teaches English classes in Italy and she says the kids dab whenever they get a question right. Like they're just constantly dabbing all the time.

I teach secondary (high school) English, and can confirm this happening in England too...

This is happening in every school. Kids latch onto the latest thing and drive it into the ground until it reaches magma, and then some.

Lord knows how many water bottles I've taken and thrown away because of that stupid flipping crap.

Hey man. No need to be that drastic about it. Like, I get it. I get that hate for this dabbing thing. I really do. But throwing Italy out of the EU? Only idiots would leave the EU and it's unethical to throw someone out of the EU.

Throw them out of the EU.
Throw bottles out of the EU.

Throw drugs out of the EU.

Maybe we should just throw Grecian culture out and that'll help.

I don't fuck with wax

curious what Switch coverage they will be doing. Just a discussion after the broadcast this week? maybe some predictions on the podcast or something

Was that the year where they flew everyone out to Hawaii?

They got some flak for that and Jeff was actually kinda pissed because Capcom USA is in San Francisco.

Ah, pre-Great Recession video game business shenanigans.

Trying to be the Great Saiyaman.
hqdefault.jpg

Next corny people will be doing the Yamcha's Dead over something modestly lame they did.

edit: OH GOD this Dan Story in the Megaman episode.

edit 2: OH FUCK at Dan's puppy's name

Yeah it was all right but very "by the book" like previous BF campaign (altough still better than BF3/BF4). Nowhere near as good as COD or TF2 tho.

I actually quite enjoyed the Battlefield campaigns. The skyhook part of 4 was great. Just put a big smile on my face. Also, BF1's use of vignettes is really cool. I've done all of them today, except for the Lawrence of Arabia one, which I will do later today. The Frostbite Engine is amazing. I can't wait to see how good the Star Wars: Battlefront 2 single-player campaign is going to look. I wonder if the Respawn Star Wars game is going to be done in Frostbite or use Source Engine as they have done in both Titanfalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom