• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

This Is the Run: Contra - Part 01
3JsvTUml.jpg

damn.

that's a good concept if it doesn't result in the first level of contra over and over again

popo

Dan was pretty aggresively backseat driving.

Best/worst bit of that Hitmas video was a moment when both Brad and Dan were literally screaming at Vinny telling him what to do. Then Brad told him exactly what to do and got him killed.

Meneses

Dan was pretty aggresively backseat driving.

I think they'll eventually find a good balance as they get more used to each other.

Dan toned down the backseating as it went along, and there was a little too much distracting side conversation going on - Alex even had to tell them to keep it down so he could concentrate at one point - but they started to recognize those moments too so I think it will be fine.

hamchan

If This Is the Run is always this short I would like it to become a daily thing so I can know the feeling of having the runs for a week.

Meguro

Banned
This is the Run: Enter the Gungeon would be fun since a "run" is very defined in games like that.
Isaac or Nuclear Throne would work as well but no coop I guess.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Remember when Alex and Patrick started a Risk of Rain "series" and finished it on the first try?

edit: They even had a name for it: "Riskin' Rain" lol

LiK

Remember when Alex and Patrick started a Risk of Rain "series" and finished it on the first try?

edit: They even had a name for it: "Riskin' Rain" lol

i don't believe i ever bothered finishing that cuz that game didn't look interesting to me. maybe i'll watch it to see the ending lol

Wunder

pretty excited for the This is the Run series, hope they keep a fast pace and move on to other games quickly. Also hope it's daily or at least a few times a week!

daveo42

Banned
Been watching the Metal Gear Scanlon series over the weekend and I got the itch to play MGS all over again if only because I both like the game series and seeing Drew struggle makes me itch all over for a more straightforward run. Drew is awesome, but man...sometimes it's hard to watch. Already back to the Comms Tower ready to make my assent.

Balb

Been watching the Metal Gear Scanlon series over the weekend and I got the itch to play MGS all over again if only because I both like the game series and seeing Drew struggle makes me itch all over for a more straightforward run. Drew is awesome, but man...sometimes it's hard to watch. Already back to the Comms Tower ready to make my assent.

I don't think a lot of it is his fault. I try to get people into the series all the time and watch as they struggle a lot with MGS1. It's a difficult game with a ton of different mechanics that it doesn't ease you into.

LiK

You got Dan who is backseat driving and super into playing without stealth so of course Drew will screw up often. Even Brad who's super methodical will end up screwing up in Hitman cuz Dan told him to do some pretty dumb stuff for entertainment.

Meneses

I was definitely feeling dizzy from that hub world in Shantae.

The game looks great but at times it gave me a slight "cheap" vibe, for lack of a better word. I don't know, maybe it's the menus / font that make it look like a flash game or something.

But the game seems pretty cool in general.

jaina

That This is the Run video was a bit odd. Are they playing Contra until they beat it? Or are they playing a new game each episode?
you could rewatch the explanation and find out :)

1. new series
2. first tackled game is Contra
3. They are playing until they beat it
4. For Contra, one run counts as all 3 Continues used
5. One run per video part

So next video will be Contra Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom