• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingocfs

My point is, at the very least, it can attract an audience outside that bubble.

Anecdotally, I know a number of friends who bought an Xbox 360 for Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Ninja Gaiden 2, etc. but didn't care about what one would call the main pillars of the Xbox brand. I myself jumped into the Xbox ecosystem for Sega's Xbox exclusives; Jet Set Radio Future, Gunvalkyriem and Shenmue 2 were my first Xbox games (admittedly JSRF and Sega GT were bundled).

I mean, I'm with you on some of that, but those games also came out a long time ago. The video game landscape overall is so drastically different now you can't really compare it like that. These types of games just aren't getting made with same frequency anywhere.

It's less about the portfolio than this being a continuation of MS mismanaging their projects. Phantom Dust, Recore, Scalebound, Fable Legends (which killed Lionhead), and now with Crackdown 3 being MIA for a long ass time there is cause for concern about the direction there.

Maybe it's less them "mismanaging" and more a purposeful change in direction?

Meguro

Banned
If that's supposed to represent a purposeful change in direction then man do I not like MS new direction in the slightest.

remembering The 3rd Birthday and everything awful about it = 😩

gamayabreacostume530.jpg

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I think im done with Waypoint Radio.

I've moved that podcast into my "when I have time" section. I don't keep up to date, but I'll listen to an episode here or there every so often. I miss Austin sometimes has the dude has lots of cool ideas IMO, but yeah... that group doesn't hold my interest every week.

justjim89

I love the idea of a Jeff home stream in theory, but he never plays any games I find interesting. Old stuff all kinda runs together for me.

hamchan

Jeff should acquire the goodsets of every console and go through them alphabetically. Giant Bomb is supposed to archive every video game ever made with video footage after all.

Well, the gifs look great, but those actual gameplay presentations didn't. Last thing I remember was several Dantes whaling on some Dragon without any feedback from hits or anything. Which is very un-Platinum.

edit: https://youtu.be/Dgxcs_5cztw?t=4m34s

I mean the stage demo is as terrible as the FFXV one. FFXV certainly didn't turn out as bad as the demo(although it is a game with tons of faults).

Why do I keep playing Mafia 3i t's so bad yet I feel the need to finish it

I enjoyed this game mostly because it felt like playing a lite Max Payne 3, I loved how raw and visceral the combat was.

remembering Parasite Eve = ☺

remembering The 3rd Birthday and everything awful about it = 😩

That battle theme. While I don't play JRPG's, I remember getting this game back in the day because I thought it was like RE/Dino Crisis. I was way off of course but despite that, I really enjoyed the tone and what the game was trying to do.

I mean the stage demo is as terrible as the FFXV one. FFXV certainly didn't turn out as bad as the demo(although it is a game with tons of faults).

I enjoyed this game mostly because it felt like playing a lite Max Payne 3, I loved how raw and visceral the combat was.

That battle theme. While I don't play JRPG's, I remember getting this game back in the day because I thought it was like RE/Dino Crisis. I was way off of course but despite that, I really enjoyed the tone and what the game was trying to do.

That final battle theme too

Tell me your feelings on Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball

Now I want a Vlambeer's Combat Basketball.

Megasoum

Banned
Random question guys..

I was digging through my old game stuffand found my OG Xbox with all my great game that are not available anywhere nowadays (Mercenaries, Crimson Skies, SegaGT, etc) but then I realized that I only have HDMI inputs on my new TV...

What would be the best way to plug that console? I'm sure they make Component to HDMI converter but I bet they are expensive... They never made HDMI cables for the XBox right?

popo

Journos at E3 : "Scalebound looks like shit!"

Journos 6 months later : "I can't believe MS cancelled the only unique looking game on Xbone. I was really looking forward to it".

Journos at E3 : "Scalebound looks like shit!"

Journos 6 months later : "I can't believe MS cancelled the only unique looking game on Xbone. I was really looking forward to it".

I don't think a lot of them were actually looking forward to it, just surprised that MS cancelled it when they were already running dry on exclusives. It must've looked really bad, because they let ReCore through and that was like half a game.

robotrock

Banned
Action games like this don't really demo all that well. Agreed, wasn't impressed with the Scalebound E3 demos, but I'm sure there was something to it. I was excited to play it at some point.
I don't think a lot of them were actually looking forward to it, just surprised that MS cancelled it when they were already running dry on exclusives. It must've looked really bad, because they let ReCore through and that was like half a game.

ReCore probably cost significantly less to make.

daveo42

Banned
Man...I want a new PE game or a remake or...idk I might just replay the first two after I wrap up MGS. Game blew me away when I was younger. I think it was one of the first games I played on Playstation.

KingKong

Who needs Scalebound when you have such great titles like Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3 (definitely a real game that's going to come out) and State of Decay 2

Meneses

Finished Call of Duty, really enjoyed it.

The credits thing was cool.

Speaking of credits, I noticed a bunch of licensed songs that I either don't remember hearing or have missed for some reason.

Like, where does REM or Europe even play during the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom