• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
....but I will never underestimate Vinny's ability to do the unexpected.

This seems one of the few constants of Giant Bomb.

I remember him getting into the flying copter in Far Cry 4 and the absolute first thing he tried to do (after taking off) was shooting his own rotor blades off in mid-air.

He must be a QA testers worst nightmare (in a good way).

Probably just a Google scraping bug, but made me laugh

VnyeDnd.png

Weren't Below and Cuphead at or around the XB1 reveal? Cuphead somehow seems less interesting every time they show it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hate WayForward because they have two modes:

Mediocre-to-bad gameplay with decent presentation plus an undertone of borderline fanservice (Shantae, Mighty Switch Force, that shitty Humble Monthly game they made)

Mediocre-to-bad gameplay with decent presentation that plays too heavily off nostalgia and doesn't have anything interesting or unique to add to the mix (Contra 4, that "It's like Zelda 2 but not good" Adventure Time game, etc)

Oh, and they make outright shitty licensed games too, so I guess that's three modes.

Their licensed games are dope though
thor-god-of-thunder-20110503034703274-000.jpg

Strax

Everyone fucked up Cuphead asking the devs to add regular platforming levels instead of having it just be a boss rush game

You know the devs weren't forced to add regular platforming levels?
This is 100% on them.

Cuphead would've been the biggest downloadable (only) this gen had they kept this on the low, not made the platforming levels and pulled an "it's out now" during E3.

Lunar FC

You know the devs weren't forced to add regular platforming levels?
This is 100% on them.

Cuphead would've been the biggest downloadable (only) this gen had they kept this on the low, not made the platforming levels and pulled an "it's out now" during E3.

Lmao, no it would not have.

ArjanN

Mediocre-to-bad gameplay with decent presentation plus an undertone of borderline fanservice (Shantae, Mighty Switch Force, that shitty Humble Monthly game they made)

Mediocre-to-bad gameplay with decent presentation that plays too heavily off nostalgia and doesn't have anything interesting or unique to add to the mix (Contra 4, that "It's like Zelda 2 but not good" Adventure Time game, etc)

Oh, and they make outright shitty licensed games too, so I guess that's three modes.

You forgot good gameplay with with good presentation, which is about half their games, including Shantae.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

I don't hate WayForward, but yeah I don't like the fanservice that much. Half Genie Hero at least looks like it has more diverse female body designs, but every female character in Pirate's Curse could have been a pallet swap with a slightly different bikini on, and I can't quite get over Shantae's wide eyed innocent enthusiasm coupled with pants cut about one inch above her groin. There's "bikini because of a warm climate" which is...fair reasoning, most of the dudes are shirtless also, and then there's this:

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I mean this in a genuine non-snarky way: is there anyone in here who uses their XBOne as their primary "library building" platform? As in, has bought most of the major games the purchased in the last few years for XBO?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not MS published but that Not Saints Row game Volition is gonna bomb hard.

like that game reminds me of FUSE.
How many of those games they listed will actually come out in 2017 or ever?
Place your bets folks.

SoD2 comes out and sells like shit because Windows Store timed exclusivity and no one cres by the time it comes out on Steam

Halo Wars 2 comes out to abysmal sales because who the fuck cares

Crackdown 3 comes out rushed out and completely busted and the studio is immediately closed after CD3 is launched

Sea of Thieves either underwhelms critically and sells ok or gets cancelled. I'd bet the former. I bet it's a massive disappointment

Zaph

Really curious what their approach with Project Scorpio will be at E3

Odds on Brad/Alex telling us emails to MS for E3 Nightshow bookings went unanswered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom