• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
I think people wanted to know how regular this feature will happen and if it'll be one game at a time or jumping from game to game.

It'll be regular, and we're sticking with one game until we beat it on one run. A "run" will change from game to game. For Contra, it's until we lose all of our lives and continues. Each video will be one run. We'll continue playing Contra until we beat it, and then we'll decide what the next game will be and when we'll start playing it. Most episodes of This is the Run will be short, obviously. I'd imagine they'll get slightly longer as we get better at the game and have longer runs.

What do you want to know?

Are you guys going to play all the Contra games? I'd like to see you play the SNES one. (edit: posted before I saw the above post. Cool!)

Also, I am going to repeat what I said earlier, but I think you'll love playing Yakuza 0. It's basically "Cool Guy Stuff: The Game". It's made for you.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Are you guys going to play all the Contra games? I'd like to see you play the SNES one. (edit: posted before I saw the above post. Cool!)

Also, I am going to repeat what I said earlier, but I think you'll love playing Yakuza 0. It's basically "Cool Guy Stuff: The Game". It's made for you.

We considered making this a Contra-specific feature, but decided to keep it open-ended. Doesn't mean we won't or can't come back to more Contra games in the future, but it gives us the freedom to do a lot of different games.

LiK

We considered making this a Contra-specific feature, but decided to keep it open-ended. Doesn't mean we won't or can't come back to more Contra games in the future, but it gives us the freedom to do a lot of different games.

Why no Shenmue 2? I adored the LP for the original. What's going on with that?

It'll be regular, and we're sticking with one game until we beat it on one run. A "run" will change from game to game. For Contra, it's until we lose all of our lives and continues. Each video will be one run. We'll continue playing Contra until we beat it, and then we'll decide what the next game will be and when we'll start playing it. Most episodes of This is the Run will be short, obviously. I'd imagine they'll get slightly longer as we get better at the game and have longer runs.

Cool idea. Nice one Dan.

FStop7

Banned
Everyone knows the best way to get Giant Bomb to play a game is to incessantly pester them about it. Especially for Endurance Runs.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I wrote a way too long email talking about the stupid weird origin of 47 and now I'm sitting here contemplating whether I actually want to send it.

I REALLY want to see IO get back to the weird shit of Contracts and Hitman 1 at some point. They hinted at it in the beginning of the game, so I'm hopeful we get to see 47 mow down an army of Agent 48 clones with a minigun at some point.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks.

vqQ2x2F.png

LiK

I think I'll watch the Bombcast live today altho I want to save the archive for tomorrow for work. Decisions.

Don't know if it's being mentioned but Jeff if you see this, the stream overlay is fine on your home stream and I like the idea of the rotating cover art, but the cover art changes too quickly and it's kind of distracting.

justjim89

I wrote a way too long email talking about the stupid weird origin of 47 and now I'm sitting here contemplating whether I actually want to send it.

I REALLY want to see IO get back to the weird shit of Contracts and Hitman 1 at some point. They hinted at it in the beginning of the game, so I'm hopeful we get to see 47 mow down an army of Agent 48 clones with a minigun at some point.

I thought about sending the same kinda email, especially about how human 47 is in Hitman 2. Quitting assassination to work at a church and become a born again Christian, contemplating the nature of God's plan for him since he's an artificial human, that kinda stuff. It's the most humanized 47 has ever been. I've always found his asexuality to be a rather interesting character trait, as well.

I might still send it in to the Beastcast.

Don't know if it's being mentioned but Jeff if you see this, the stream overlay is fine on your home stream and I like the idea of the rotating cover art, but the cover art changes too quickly and it's kind of distracting.

It really should stay on what game he's currently playing if he's going to have it there. Or just the general information about where to interact with social media, like most streamers filling that space.

I was hoping that This is the Run was going to be a couple times a week. I'm glad this is the case. It's a neat idea for a feature. I also hope that it's not just Vinny and Dan, but the other guys get in on it at some point.

NES games are perfect, too. They're short, but they're also pretty difficult.

There is probably a dumb GOTY skit in This is The Run.

Like "This is The Run: The Witcher 3 or some other long ass video game" and it cuts to 80 hours into the run and they look like hell.

Wunder

There is probably a dumb GOTY skit in This is The Run.

Like "This is The Run: The Witcher 3 or some other long ass video game" and it cuts to 80 hours into the run and they look like hell.

They reach the last boss fight and then die because of a technical fault and have to start all over

popo

Damn. So many friends (and some cheeky colleagues I hardly know) asking me if I can get them Switch pre-orders for their kids. They must see me as the only man-child weirdo they know who is still in to gaming (have you not grown out of that yet?).

Any idea when UK sites will start pre-orders? I assume Friday but if it is straight after that 4am briefing then they are going to be shit out of luck as I am not getting up that early on a work day.

Getting that pre-order anxiety now and I wasn't even going to order one for myself - although with all this interest I might get one and then scalp if I am not impressed :D

Myggen was a staple of this community and we killed him.

y'all only have yourselves to blame for driving him off, only so much critism of his surregate family he can take. I didn't post once in that thread (OT 24) so remain blameless and pure of heart :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom