• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strax

Been listening to the Bombcast from 2010-11 and one of duders went at least once a month to some publisher event to see many games. The times have changed, unless they can't talk about them anymore.

It also reminded me of the time Ryan was going to record some VO as a off screen judge for a short film I made. Only three answered.

Ryan
Nick Searcy (with the cap)
John Cleese

Only Ryan said yes but he passed away right before the project started.

Damn. So many friends (and some cheeky colleagues I hardly know) asking me if I can get them Switch pre-orders for their kids. They must see me as the only man-child weirdo they know who is still in to gaming (have you not grown out of that yet?).

Any idea when UK sites will start pre-orders? I assume Friday but if it is straight after that 4am briefing then they are going to be shit out of luck as I am not getting up that early on a work day.

Getting that pre-order anxiety now and I wasn't even going to order one for myself - although with all this interest I might get one and then scalp if I am not impressed :D

y'all only have yourselves to blame for driving him off, only so much critism of his surregate family he can take. I didn't post once in that thread (OT 24) so remain blameless and pure of heart :D

I would be very surprised if preorders dont begin Friday morning, seems like Nintendo will announce pricing etc Thursday night!

Volotaire

Damn. So many friends (and some cheeky colleagues I hardly know) asking me if I can get them Switch pre-orders for their kids. They must see me as the only man-child weirdo they know who is still in to gaming (have you not grown out of that yet?).

Any idea when UK sites will start pre-orders? I assume Friday but if it is straight after that 4am briefing then they are going to be shit out of luck as I am not getting up that early on a work day.

Getting that pre-order anxiety now and I wasn't even going to order one for myself - although with all this interest I might get one and then scalp if I am not impressed :D

y'all only have yourselves to blame for driving him off, only so much critism of his surregate family he can take. I didn't post once in that thread (OT 24) so remain blameless and pure of heart :D

I would not be surprised if they started it at 5AM (after the press briefing). HUKD are going to eat you for lunch.

justjim89

I hope Dan continues the Film and 40's legacy with Alex, Vinny, or Bakalar.

Dan and Alex doing commentary for a movie sounds especially delightful.

I would be very surprised if preorders dont begin Friday morning, seems like Nintendo will announce pricing etc Thursday night!

That'd be ideal, but my biggest fear is that Nintendo will do that false-scarcity thing they've been doing recently. Sure, it helps create a buzz if the system isn't readily available the first couple of weeks, but they seem to take that marketing tactic a little too far. At some point, it starts working against them as people become disinterested.

I mean, hell, I still can't find an NES Classic.

They also need to rectify their relationship with Amazon. I want to pre-order on the site, not in some analog store.

Strax

Strax, you recruited John Cleese?

Yes

Brynjar, I am John's PA. Thank you for your invitation for John to do a voice recording as part of your short film.

The issue is not fee...rather John is currently dedicated to writing his autobiography, performance and travel. His tight schedule allows for little else.

But he does wish you every success with the interesting film.

Best Regards, Pat

I also forgot that Neil Ross wrote me back.

popo

I would not be surprised if they started it at 5AM (after the press briefing). HUKD are going to eat you for lunch.

Thx. I will be up around 7am so I will just have to hope only the really committed people got in first.

If not ehh, they will have to fend for themselves. Some of those kids are spoilt little snowflakes anyway, I would make my kids queue up at midnight like my generation had to (young whippersnappers, get off my lawn, etc).

Phediuk

6/17/2008 Bombcast has some talk about the upcoming Gears of War movie, which acquired a director this week (Len Wiseman.) Jeff bets that Cliffy B and Mark Rein will make cameos.

We considered making this a Contra-specific feature, but decided to keep it open-ended. Doesn't mean we won't or can't come back to more Contra games in the future, but it gives us the freedom to do a lot of different games.

Have you had a chance to have Shake Shack now that you are in NYC? If so, how does it compare for you to Five Guys or In-N-Out. I personally have never had the latter, but love Five Guys and Shake Shack (the milkshakes are phenomenal as are the burgers).

robotrock

Banned
Have you had a chance to have Shake Shack now that you are in NYC? If so, how does it compare for you to Five Guys or In-N-Out. I personally have never had the latter, but love Five Guys and Shake Shack (the milkshakes are phenomenal as are the burgers).

The Shake Shack milkshakes are fine. I definitely enjoy one when I'm there, but I don't think they are so mindblowing compared to the competition?

Smashburger and Kelly's both have some comparably good shakes.

Phediuk

6/17/2008 Bombcast marks the first time NeoGAF is mentioned on-air, concerning Microsoft PR rep Jeff Bell's personal attempts at damage control via GAF posts.

Wow, I've never seen that. Amazing.

Anyone stll got the images?

still hosted on tinypic but heres imgur

Sj0Sb1Wl.jpg

Phediuk

6/17/2008 Bombcast features an email asking what the guys would think about a WW1 game.

The crew is completely dismissive of the idea, because trenches, too much reloading, and no scopes.

6/17/2008 Bombcast features an email asking what the guys would think about a WW1 game.

The crew is completely dismissive of the idea, because trenches, too much reloading, and no scopes.

Hah! I'll bet if that was brought up today they would brush it off as "well BF1 is worse than 3 and 4 so really we were right."

I mean they were right. Even DICE agreed which is why they didn't actually make a WW1 game in anything more than name.

Phediuk

6/17/2008 Bombcast:

Ryan: "I had heard some rumors at some point about a Red Dead Revolver sequel."
Jeff: "Well, they showed that Rockstar-branded Western-looking footage at E3 at the Sony press conference like, what was it, two, three years ago now, the same year as that Killzone stuff, wasn't it? So, there was that, and everyone thought it was Red Dead 2, and Rockstar came out and said, 'It's not necessarily Red Dead 2!' Which I think actually meant it was totally was, but, I, I can't imagine that game is still in development, whatever it was."
Ryan: "It's alongside Alan Wake somewhere."
Brad: "Hey, Alan Wake's still coming out, dude."
Ryan: "I sure hope so."
Jeff: "I mean, we've seen new footage of Duke Nukem, but still no new Alan Wake stuff."

LiK

Vinny and Dan is such a good combo

Vinny just rolls with Dan's nonsense where Jeff or Brad would shut it down.

Yup, that's exactly why they're a good combo.

Also, Dan has to learn to deal with Vinny's trolls. He finally met his match.

It'll be regular, and we're sticking with one game until we beat it on one run. A "run" will change from game to game. For Contra, it's until we lose all of our lives and continues. Each video will be one run. We'll continue playing Contra until we beat it, and then we'll decide what the next game will be and when we'll start playing it. Most episodes of This is the Run will be short, obviously. I'd imagine they'll get slightly longer as we get better at the game and have longer runs.
We considered making this a Contra-specific feature, but decided to keep it open-ended. Doesn't mean we won't or can't come back to more Contra games in the future, but it gives us the freedom to do a lot of different games.

The right choice. Can't wait to see what other games you guys will dive into.

KQeX5tq.gif

That'd be ideal, but my biggest fear is that Nintendo will do that false-scarcity thing they've been doing recently. Sure, it helps create a buzz if the system isn't readily available the first couple of weeks, but they seem to take that marketing tactic a little too far. At some point, it starts working against them as people become disinterested.

I mean, hell, I still can't find an NES Classic.

They also need to rectify their relationship with Amazon. I want to pre-order on the site, not in some analog store.
At this point, it's not going to be artificial scarcity- they've missed the holidays, after all. This is just scarcity, and Nintendo colossally fucking it up.

Never say that something's a devious Machiavellian scheme when it can just as easily be put down to incompetence.

Wow, I've never seen that. Amazing.

Anyone stll got the images?

I remember reading the first couple pages then going off and doing dinner, then a raid. I come back to a locked 57 page thread, an 80-page thread that moved like an E3 thread and complete chaos (and this was back with a much smaller GAF).

It was divine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom