• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
I don't know why. But deadly premonition seemed like a massive slog when watching it live. I'm only 5 episodes in to Vinny and Jeff and they are cruising through the story.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't know why. But deadly premonition seemed like a massive slog when watching it live. I'm only 5 episodes in to Vinny and Jeff and they are cruising through the story.

Because you haven't hit the actual slog part of the endurance run.

Jintor

Like Persona the 'game' sections of Deadly Premonition are real bad and best enjoyed as the Vinny and Jeff Podcast Hour. Unlike Persona they're actually so bad not even Vinny and Jeff can really make them that interesting.

styl3s

To the people talking about the console/PC stuff 2008 i am curious how many people here were PC gamers in 2008 and actually remember the price to performance and parity between the two. PC gaming and the price to get that performance has changed drastically even in the last 5,6,7 years.

It's actually pretty insane the type of power you can get out of a really cheap computer build when comparing it to PS4/XB1 compared to what you could build in 2006-2008 vs a 360. Shit, just look up the midcards from 2008. 8600 GT was a joke and cost a 2/3rd of a xbox 360.

Dipper145

Glad Vinny addressed the "please dont turn corrections into correct everything Dan is crazy and / or wrong about" during fridays podcast. No one wants that.

repeater

That first episode of "This is the Run" was really fun, looking forward to more of this series. But what the hell is that "Contra" game? Looks like some B-tier japanese developer cashed in by reskinning "Probotector" as a second-grade Arnie ripoff.

Danny

get the scalebound story while it's hot
It'll just be Kamiya swearing about Phil Spencer for 45 minutes.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That first episode of "This is the Run" was really fun, looking forward to more of this series. But what the hell is that "Contra" game? Looks like some B-tier japanese developer cashed in by reskinning "Probotector" as a second-grade Arnie ripoff.

It's based on iran-contra.

Snagret

6/10/2008 Bombcast

Ryan: "Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit, the triumphant return of Dimps to the franchise. Exciting for retards."

6/10/2008: Jeff also thinks that patches on PC games have become a huge pain in the ass, and that the lack of patching hassle is one of console gaming's main advantages.

6/10/2008 Bombcast:

Jeff: "I'll happily take the framerate hit in Far Cry so that I can play it with a gamepad on a bigger TV."

Ryan says the only advantage of PC gaming is the greater control over games vs. consoles.

Jeff thinks PC gaming might still have a place for "small, quirky games", and thinks Steam might carve out a niche for those types of small games. (Note that they never say the word "indie" in this discussion, even though that's clearly what they're talking about.)
I just wanna say I love these captain's-log style updates on crazy shit they've said in ancient podcasts.

Since we're posting pictures of doggos, meet Daisy:
Awwwww, she's beautiful! Reminds me of my basset, Oscar (who passed away a couple months ago, love him forever <3)
IMG_9628.jpg

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I loved my dog. She meant a lot to me. But sometimes you just gotta hold a dog back. My dog loved the idea of running into moving cars. She also loved the idea of chasing cats (though she would usually just chicken out at the last second anyway). I haven't seen the picture of the latest "Sdandal" but as long he wasn't using one of those choking lashes or whatever the fuck those fucking things are called I can't imagine it was that bad.

Yo this shantae music is fucking dope

I honestly thought it was terrible. Should I ever buy this game, I'll mute it and play a podcast or my own music in the background.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
To the people talking about the console/PC stuff 2008 i am curious how many people here were PC gamers in 2008 and actually remember the price to performance and parity between the two. PC gaming and the price to get that performance has changed drastically even in the last 5,6,7 years.

It's actually pretty insane the type of power you can get out of a really cheap computer build when comparing it to PS4/XB1 compared to what you could build in 2006-2008 vs a 360. Shit, just look up the midcards from 2008. 8600 GT was a joke and cost a 2/3rd of a xbox 360.
I've always been a PC gamer and 2008 was the year I bought a 360. You just missed too much without a console at the time. Even the online experiences were suddenly better on a console.
It wasn't so much the performance for me, but I've forgotten the details of prices etc. I remember playing CoD4 on PC and that was totally fine without an expensive machine. Not sure what else I even played on PC that came out around that time.

edit: Oh right, UT3. That was a bummer.

TGMIII

PC gaming was in a real rough spot at the start of last gen.
Their sentiments pretty much mirrored mine at the time.

Console ports around this time ranged from just about playable to literally broken products. I started Dead Space recently and had to resort to a 3rd party dll to hack in proper mouse support and even then it's not completely raw input. Then there's issues with some games where if your framerate/refresh rate isn't locked to what it was on consoles you'll get any amount of random bugs.

If it wasn't horrendous button mapping then it was mouse look issues where there was forced acceleration, sensitivity only affecting horizontal look or the mouselook emulating an analogue stick. Binary Domain has this issue and it came out in 2012.

Graphical options pretty much didn't exist outside of basics.

popo

Dan posting dogs pics, Jeff posting cat pics. Everyone gushing over them.

2017 : the year Giant Bomb got soft.

:-*

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Good looking out, thanks buds.

You can always use gamebomb.ru until the sale occurs.

Edit: I think the last time I bought premium was a few years ago. I was stacking subscriptions with each sale. I must have stopped because I just noticed my premium expires in April.

LiK

Some complete random almost spoiled Danganronpa V3 for me on Twitter. Quickly blocked/reported that asshole. Maybe still have some slight spoilers but hopefully I don't remember it by the time the game comes out here. What a dick.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Some complete random almost spoiled Danganronpa V3 for me on Twitter. Quickly blocked/reported that asshole. Maybe still have some slight spoilers but hopefully I don't remember it by the time the game comes out here. What a dick.

Spoiler:
people die in the game.

Supporting specific dog breeds just encourages inbreeding. Personally I would have gone for a shelter mutt.

I did and don't regret it.

Just catching up on some of that sweet sweet premium video goodness. Vinny and Dan face morph on the Stardew video almost had me in tears.

Its so nice to see the Beastie boys have 3 again.

daveo42

Banned
The Comm Tower section of MGS seems to be built just to use up rations you've been holding on to all game. There's probably some way to make it all the way to the top without taking too much damage, but it's not worth it when you get a shitton of rations right after it. Looking forward to seeing Drew trying to tackle this portion.

LiK

The Comm Tower section of MGS seems to be built just to use up rations you've been holding on to all game. There's probably some way to make it all the way to the top without taking too much damage, but it's not worth it when you get a shitton of rations right after it. Looking forward to seeing Drew trying to tackle this portion.

Clear out your schedule for the day.

Catvoca

Banned

Man, that sucks. Then again, if V3 is as bad as Danganronpa 3 then maybe they were just doing you a favour &#128521;

LiK

Man, that sucks. Then again, if V3 is as bad as Danganronpa 3 then maybe they were just doing you a favour &#128521;

i basically muted the game in my timeline so i haven't followed any tweets about it from people who got it. wanna go in completely blind.

Just spam stun grenades.

Catvoca

Banned
i basically muted the game in my timeline so i haven't followed any tweets about it from people who got it. wanna go in completely blind.

That's smart. I want to go in blind too but my timeline is basically anime free (as it should be) so I don't need to worry too much about it. Seeing a lot of people say they got spoiled by some assholes on tumblr as well.

LiK

That's smart. I want to go in blind too but my timeline is basically anime free (as it should be) so I don't need to worry too much about it. Seeing a lot of people say they got spoiled by some assholes on tumblr as well.

it's a bummer because it was from a random total stranger. he replied to a convo to me about me asking a guy if he played V3 yet. where does telling someone the ending make any sense without a warning? such a dick.

gonna give myself a few days to forget what i know. having bad short-term memory can help sometimes. lol

Curufinwe

Glad Vinny addressed the "please dont turn corrections into correct everything Dan is crazy and / or wrong about" during fridays podcast. No one wants that.

I almost sent a corrections email to them for something that was said on the Bombcast. I wonder if they would have read it as a goof.

LiK

Send whatever you think should be corrected. Let them filter it out. Sorry Vinny, but you can't stop us. Brad had to deal with it when Dan was on, now it's your turn!

Curufinwe

In general, if Persona 4 released now, there would be some angry people. The way the game handles some things isn't so great.

There were people angry about it back then. There have always been over sensitive cry babies who think every work of fiction should adhere to their specific morality.

I think people wanted to know how regular this feature will happen and if it'll be one game at a time or jumping from game to game.

Haven't seen the video yet but I also saw some people wondering if it was something where multiple 'episodes' could be recorded at once and doled out over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom