• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

convo

Yakuza 0 shows never before seen Knife+Bat combat. Solid snake got nothing on that shit.Knife+gun? Fuck outta here. Strategies too advanced for the western mind.

robotrock

Banned
Just checked out the Steam page for Bequest, and it's got a T rating.

Checked the ESRB site, and I don't see an entry for Bequest anywhere?

Zaph

Loq1YS3.jpg

Jeff trying out the latest in-flight entertainment consoles.

Just checked out the Steam page for Bequest, and it's got a T rating.

Checked the ESRB site, and I don't see an entry for Bequest anywhere?

I believe the ratings board contact the game company first with the rating before they publish on the site, so there is a chance the rating is legit, and just that published for the masses yet.

...although who knows with that game though.

jaina

If @giantbomb 's social media producer wasn't currently busy with support tickets, this would've been retweeted. for sure.

I hope Jeff brought his 3DS for Picross. (and weight/size comparison)

I believe Beastcast will be recorded pre Switch reveal, and published post. So I guess there is gonna be a bunch of predictions on there that we will know the answer to immediately... That is a fun style of show!

Also, I just realized tomorrow's "Are You a Good Switch or a Bad Switch?" Live Show will be a Beast show. Will be good to get their opinion ahead of UPF... (where Rorie will likely have totally missed the Switch reveal and be confused what everyone is talking about). <3 Rorie!

convo

Boy that GR2 Quicklook sure made me have negative interest in the game...

And i am not compelled to watching people suffer through things they don't enjoy. I wouldn't put myself through the double dragon neon QL even when Jeff changed his mind about the game after that.
I keep thinking about when Jeff considered a ER for Yakuza 3, what a bullet dodge that was. :edit But thinking about it, Shenmue happened. But for that moment in time it might have done the series a disservice anyway

Zaph

I believe Beastcast will be recorded pre Switch reveal, and published post. So I guess there is gonna be a bunch of predictions on there that we will know the answer to immediately... That is a fun style of show!

I hope they delay the recording of the Beastcast by a day to have Jeff on, but yeah, most likely it's business as usual and they're saving that for the Friday stream.

Does the Jefflr.moe archive not play in the browser for anyone else?

Should stream in MS Edge or Safari. Otherwise download and open in VLC or similar.

pizzacat

Banned

Also, I just realized tomorrow's "Are You a Good Switch or a Bad Switch?" Live Show will be a Beast show. Will be good to get their opinion ahead of UPF... (where Rorie will likely have totally missed the Switch reveal and be confused what everyone is talking about). <3 Rorie!

"Oh the switch right thats blizzards new attempt at console gaming"

daveo42

Banned
I hope they delay the recording of the Beastcast by a day to have Jeff on, but yeah, most likely it's business as usual and they're saving that for the Friday stream.

This is also my hope since as it would be awesome to have another pod with Jeff, Vinny, and Alex together.

Gurrry

So, Jeff is on his way to see the switch?

Also - not really sure what to do about this, but the facebook group for the Game of Thrones card game want to get their own game on Giantbomb's directory for Twitch reasons. Giantbomb created a game for Android Netrunner and it really helps with viewership.

Who should they contact in order to try and get Game Of Thrones its own spot in the directory?

Zaph

Also - not really sure what to do about this, but the facebook group for the Game of Thrones card game want to get their own game on Giantbomb's directory for Twitch reasons. Giantbomb created a game for Android Netrunner and it really helps with viewership.

Who should they contact in order to try and get Game Of Thrones its own spot in the directory?

http://www.giantbomb.com/game/create/

Submit it yourself - there's a card game genre in the wiki. You'll have to wait for mod approval though

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They should really record the Beastcast later. Shame the event happens so late.

They have an article about that: https://help.twitch.tv/customer/en/...88-adding-a-game-and-box-art-to-the-directory

repeater

Sounds like a good reason to do "Giant Thrones 02".

JK, AGOT LCG is really cool, hope this works out.

Zaph

Oh wow, had no idea this was a thing. Thanks!

I saw people on the FB group page talking about Giantbomb but no one could figure out how to navigate their website, so ill post this on there and hopefully it helps them!

make sure to read the info in mnz's post. The game page can't be left as a stub after approval, otherwise Twitch won't pick it up. So add some detail to it.

Gurrry

make sure to read the info in mnz's post. The game page can't be left as a stub after approval, otherwise Twitch won't pick it up. So add some detail to it.

Damn, so apparently Rorie was contacted and told them they cant add it if it doesnt have a video game version. That seems weird to me considering they have Netrunner and a cardgame section.

popo

Pretty sure they sold CBS on a NY office by saying that they would not need to fly ppl out to NY events. I guess being the boss has it's perks. Or maybe he misses Dan already.

jaina

Damn, so apparently Rorie was contacted and told them they cant add it if it doesnt have a video game version. That seems weird to me considering they have Netrunner and a cardgame section.
So it's a lucky coincidence that people can use the name of the video game version as display name when playing a physical card game on twitch.
Makes sense to me, that games without video game adaptation aren't added to the wiki.

Gurrry

So it's a lucky coincidence that people can use the name of the video game version as display name when playing a physical card game on twitch.
Makes sense to me, that games without video game adaptation aren't added to the wiki.

Whats weird is that Netrunner really doesnt have a "game" version. There is a fan created web version that isnt licensed called Jinteki, which is what most people stream under that category.

Are they gonna be streaming and talking over the Switch event tonight?

I was kinda hoping they would do it tomorrow or when ever Jeff gets back. I dont necessarily need their live commentary, but a video covering the event after the fact would still be cool!

daveo42

Banned
Pretty sure they sold CBS on a NY office by saying that they would not need to fly ppl out to NY events. I guess being the boss has it's perks. Or maybe he misses Dan already.

No, it gives him a reason to go see Vinny and Alex. I still think it would be great if the whole team moved to NYC if the space existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom