• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Some bad audio issues recently. Jason is lost without Drew.

I had a dream last night that Drew left lol.

Like that'd ever happen.

6on3xiE.gif

killroy87

KF isn't doing as well as I thought it would with those Patreon numbers. GAF doesn't seem to like them very much either.
Oh and they have attracted a lot of alt-right folks. Read some of their comments and you'll appreciate GB more.

KF has two:
https://www.patreon.com/kindafunny
https://www.patreon.com/kindafunnygames
I feel like, even more than GB, KF fans are fans of the hosts more than the content. I've always felt like KF content is super lackluster. It's mostly various podcasts cut into chunks, and random let's plays of games of various quality and relevance.

On top of that, KF does a large amount of sponsored content, and their meetups are weird variety hour shows that they charge admission to, which is hilarious. It's all very weird, but it's (currently) working for them.

Holy shit wasn't KF doing 80k a month on each patreon like 4 months ago?!

No. I don't think anyone's ever come close to that with one Patreon. Looking at Patreon, it appears the biggest one currently is something called Chapo Trap House Podcast at $47,088/month. I think combined, both KF Patreons have hovered close-ish to $80,000/month, but never individually.

imBask

Banned
No. I don't think anyone's ever come close to that with one Patreon. Looking at Patreon, it appears the biggest one is something called Chapo Trap House Podcast at $47,088/month.

really? must've imagined that

my bad , i'm really not trying to shit on them in any way I just don't care about all of it anymore

early prediction :

-more Mario but no real gameplay
-Zelda expansion
-Mario Maker port
-Please understand *snap*

Mario will absolutely be there in demo form. No doubt about it. I think they'll save the Zelda DLC for a Direct announcement later in the year (because it'll be wacky as fuck probably, and a big news item by itself).

I think they make a hard statement about the Switch for well into 2018, honestly. The Wii U's first E3, limiting themselves almost entirely to holiday releases was a near disaster - I think Nintendo shows off more than that. Retro's game. for one thing.

SeanR1221

early prediction :

-more Mario but no real gameplay
-Zelda expansion
-Mario Maker port
-Please understand *snap*

I'd expect smash bros too.

I also expect Smash to become a service. All of the Wii U/3DS content + more to be updated throughout the duration of the switch.

I bought a Switch.
I'm a fucking idiot.
Help me

I want one and I don't want one. You know what I mean? I think if I'm going to get one, I'll hold off for more games, but I love the concept of the hybrid so much. I think before I do so, I want to get some non-game stuff for my PS4, including an 8TB external hard drive , two replacement controllers (the rubber on the sticks of both DS4's has seen better days), and two new controllers, to bring my controller total to four. I also plan on picking up Horizon: Zero Dawn and MLB 17 The Show (and some digital games when they release, such as Super Mega Baseball 2).

I bought a Switch.
I'm a fucking idiot.
Help me

The game lineup is pretty bad
It appears to have a lot of hardware problems like the joycon disconnecting and dock scratching the screen
The accesories are way over priced.

BUT I would lie if I said I wasn't close to buying one today when I saw my local shop still had them in stock.

I'd expect smash bros too.

I also expect Smash to become a service. All of the Wii U/3DS content + more to be updated throughout the duration of the switch.

I doubt this very much, Sakurai's too much of a perfectionist to run a conveyor belt of regular content like that. He'll probably just add a couple more characters and then say he's done.

def sim

Amazon gave me $25 promotional credit and a partial refund for delivering two days late. I'm super ok with this Switch purchase now heh.

kingocfs

Ok, so none of you are going to believe me but this is 100% true and I almost drove off the road when I saw it.

I passed by a vape shop, which has like a "vape bar," for some reason...and Jeff was on the TV that was behind the bar. It looked like UPF.

I might have to go inside this vape shop.

Amazon gave me $25 promotional credit and a partial refund for delivering two days late. I'm super ok with this Switch purchase now heh.

That reminds me of the time that I opened a drawer in a desk in my room and noticed I had an unused $25 gift card to Amazon that I received for Christmas. As I typically redeem them immediately, I thought it was trash, until I noticed it was unused. Earlier that day, I saw the Matrix Ultimate Collection was available for $25.49. At the time, anything over $25 was eligible for free shipping (it's now anything over $49) and there was no tax for online orders. So, essentially, I only needed to pay less than two quarters for the box set. I'm not the biggest Matrix fan in the world, but for less than fifty cents, it was a no brainer for me. That thing is jam packed with behind the scenes stuff.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Somebody in Overwatch just told me I'm a russian and that I should die in Chernobyl. He (or she) wasn't impressed when I informed him that that's in Ukraine. This game is so damn weird. I've never seen a game with such a toxic chat. I miss Battlefield.

Ok, so none of you are going to believe me but this is 100% true and I almost drove off the road when I saw it.

I passed by a vape shop, which has like a "vape bar," for some reason...and Jeff was on the TV that was behind the bar. It looked like UPF.

I might have to go inside this vape shop.

NO THAT'S HOW THEY GET YOU

Have your parents never told you not to get in the van even if people promise you images of Jeff Gerstmann

Jintor

Nintendo is lucky - well, not lucky, but very, very cunning - that Zelda is such a smash hit. The system they have delivered is skeletal and sounds like it has a bunch of flaws here and there. But the old nintendo wisdom of 'one game changes everything' might prove true this time around because fuck me, i don't care.

Switch will clean up at holiday with discounts/pack-ins and the first party/indie hits, i bet.

Meguro

Banned
Somebody in Overwatch just told me I'm a russian and that I should die in Chernobyl. He (or she) wasn't impressed when I informed him that that's in Ukraine. This game is so damn weird. I've never seen a game with such a toxic chat. I miss Battlefield.

Let me tell you a little about this genre of game called MOBA.
I've seen probably close to a thousand people telling me to kill myself in Dota 2 and League combined.

Also yeah, Zelda is really good at making my anger at the Switch just melt away.
I read about the dock scratching and almost returned mine but then I found a little cove hidden behind a mountain with a shrine in Zelda and man.

I've ordered the screen protector and probably won't take the switch out too often, although it seems like a problem more due to overzealousness removing it out of the dock to me.

But yeah, Zelda's a good fucking game. I'm really happy with playing this.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
giant bomb is for the dirtbag left

Are you telling me GiantBomb is the future that liberals want?

Let me tell you a little about this genre of game called MOBA.
I've seen probably close to a thousand people telling me to kill myself in Dota 2 and League combined.

That's why I don't play the Dotas.

i spent some time trying to find one today, thank god everywhere was out of stock

I'm so glad you posted this. Cause I really felt like a fucking rube, running around the city looking for a console I'm not actually sure I want. It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one. I found one though. At some point I'm hopefully gonna find a copy of Zelda too.

I realize we've all heard a ton about Zelda lately, but I wanted to share a a funny experience I had in the game.

It just has to do with a Shrine puzzle, but I'll spoiler it just in case:

The puzzle uses the controller gyro, and is one of those tilt-the-playfield-to-move-a-ball-through-a-maze games. Well I was getting annoyed at it, so I just turned the entire controller upside-down, and the playfield by extension. The underside didn't have any walls to navigate the ball through, so I just had to perform a much easier tilt to get the ball to the goal, all while holding my controller upside-down.

Sometimes tilt controls aren't so bad!

Top Bottom