• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

I was real close to dropping Dark Souls 3 but it pulled me back in now that I'm at Irithyll of the Boreal Valley and there are actually interesting environments instead of the slog of poison swamp into even swampier, more poisonous swamp into grey catacombs. I don't know why they always insist on putting "the floor is made of poison" areas into these games. It's never a fun mechanic.

I was real close to dropping Dark Souls 3 but it pulled me back in now that I'm at Irithyll of the Boreal Valley and there are actually interesting environments instead of the slog of poison swamp into even swampier, more poisonous swamp into grey catacombs. I don't know why they always insist on putting "the floor is made of poison" areas into these games. It's never a fun mechanic.

I liked it the first time they did it in demon's souls in the valley of defilement. It made sense in that setting. After that, I've been totally over it.

Man, now I want to replay demon's souls.

Milijango

I dig the tree dudes in the swamp, but the Catacombs of Carthus (and its attached optional area) might be the nadir of the Souls series. It's been done before, but here it is again, more drab than ever. At least it's a good foil to Irithyll, which is stunning.

Mr. F

Banned
That's bizarre. On one hand I get it because it runs poorly on the Wii U, but now that we're on the other side, Nintendo barely justified the entire ethos behind the Wii U.

I'm just mad there was no make good on "put the damn thing on the ground and swing a golf ball into your tv"

Ketch

So... just finished watching drews last upf.

I've come to this crushing realization, and I hate to break it to you guys, but...... giant bomb is over.

It's just not giant bomb anymore. It was kinda hanging on for awhile, kind of... but it's just so done at this point.

RIP

I've come to this crushing realization, and I hate to break it to you guys, but...... giant bomb is over.

It's just not giant bomb anymore. It was kinda hanging on for awhile, kind of... but it's just so done at this point.

RIP

oh, relax

all they have to do is find decent replacements for the two people who helped the site bounce back after we lost Ryan

how hard can that be

Anybody having issues with Tweetdeck right now? I can't seem to connect at all right now.

Yuup

Shitshitshit. I've fallen down the WoW hole again. I thought I finally permanently broke away four years ago.

If you're anything like me, you'll see the light again soon enough.

Around the launch of the latest expansion, I was like "I feel like fucking raiding again!", and went full-hog into the game again. A couple of weeks later, and it became a slog again.

RIP

It is the end, isn't it? We might as well cancel our subs and start watching Kinda Funny.

Jintor

I just went through the fucking craziest chain of events in zelda holy shit.

This game man,

storytime storytime!

i stole a skeleton goblin's
skeletal horse and tried to register it but the guy wouldn't let me and it melted when the sun came up.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm curious. What happened?

Well,
one thing led to another after finishing a side quest, and i climbed up a cliff only to discover more land beyond. I saw a post of the world that looked more tropical, so i glided over. There was a thunderstorm as I'm trying to travel across this place broken up by waterfalls, only to have a GODDAMN ELECTRO DRAGON APPEAR. i tried jumping on it but died because i keep bouncing off it, decided to just leave him alone and watch him go his merry way. I climbed up a cliff, and then saw a huge sky vortex where the dragon flew back into to go back to wherever he was, then at the top of the cliff i met a centaur that is way too hard for me, so i peaced out.

Does anyone know what's up with that dragon yet?

Well,
one thing led to another after finishing a side quest, and i climbed up a cliff only to discover more land beyond. I saw a post of the world that looked more tropical, so i glided over. There was a thunderstorm as I'm trying to travel across this place broken up by waterfalls, only to have a GODDAMN ELECTRO DRAGON APPEAR. i tried jumping on it but died because i keep bouncing off it, decided to just leave him alone and watch him go his merry way. I climbed up a cliff, and then saw a huge sky vortex where the dragon flew back into to go back to wherever he was, then at the top of the cliff i met a centaur that is way too hard for me, so i peaced out.

Does anyone know what's up with that dragon yet?

I discovered it a few hours ago.
Taking a picture of it gives you the description that says it only appears at Lake Hylia and Lake Floria (might be getting this second one wrong, but there are two lakes). Around half an hour ago, I tried to upgrade my Champions outfit to level 3 and it required two pieces of that dragon's horn.

EDIT: Adding to that
I'm gonna feel really bad to fight it because the description also said that even though its electricity will probably kill you, it doesn't want to harm people.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I discovered it a few hours ago.
Taking a picture of it gives you the description that says it only appears at Lake Hylia and Lake Floria (might be getting this second one wrong, but there are two lakes). Around half an hour ago, I tried to upgrade my Champions outfit to level 3 and it required two pieces of that dragon's horn.

EDIT: Adding to that
I'm gonna feel really bad to fight it because the description also said that even though its electricity will probably kill you, it doesn't want to harm people.

You can take pictures outside of the default switch thing?

You can take pictures outside of the default switch thing?

When you get the camera rune, your Sheikah Slate acts like an in-game camera for you to take pictures of enemies, items, landmarks, etc to fill out your compendium. You can then set one of them to your radar to replace searching for Shrines to searching for whatever you have in the photo.
You can also flip the camera around to take selfies and use the left stick to change Link's emotions for them.

Agreed. It's horrendously boring and unfun.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm fucking terrified to even touch my Switch. Everywhere I go I read "Oh this breaks, and this scratches and this is totally loose" and I feel like I almost have to pry those Joy Cons off with a crowbar (yes, I do press those buttons).
Now I know how a mother must feel. Everything is trying to kill my Switch.

Oh, my code is: SW-1937-7697-6572

Honestly, I was only worried about the screen but after getting the HORI screen protector

nofear_s8h71u2o.jpg

Mine got minor scuffs on the bezel from using the dock. I added electrical tape to prevent more, but now that I have my pro pad I'm good leaving the Switch in the dock. An aside, the Switch pro pad is considerably better than using any variation of the joycons.

Lunar FC

I'm fucking terrified to even touch my Switch. Everywhere I go I read "Oh this breaks, and this scratches and this is totally loose" and I feel like I almost have to pry those Joy Cons off with a crowbar (yes, I do press those buttons).
Now I know how a mother must feel. Everything is trying to kill my Switch.

Oh, my code is: SW-1937-7697-6572

Now just imagine you have moderate to severe OCD and can't stand imperfections. But also hate to put cases on anything. Lots of anxiety.

My Google Pixel is still flawless doe, been 2 months.

Meguro

Banned
I just got to the real first town in Zelda and I'm overwhelmed. There's soooo much stuff to do in this friggin game!
Friendcode for the curious: SW-6681-3277-0610

Fantastapotamus

Now just imagine you have moderate to severe OCD and can't stand imperfections. But also hate to put cases on anything. Lots of anxiety.

My Google Pixel is still flawless doe, been 2 months.

While looking scratches and other imperfections on my stuff actually make me itchy, I wouldn't call it an OCD in my case. It's not bad enough to call it an actual OCD

Fantastapotamus

Fire Emblem used to be a really cool series you guys.
Now it's one of those "NONO I play it for the strategy! There is really a strategy part to this!" kinda games

Top Bottom