• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

def sim

My flight club shirt is faded and the design is cracking. 😔

That reminds me of the time that I opened a drawer in a desk in my room and noticed I had an unused $25 gift card to Amazon that I received for Christmas. As I typically redeem them immediately, I thought it was trash, until I noticed it was unused. Earlier that day, I saw the Matrix Ultimate Collection was available for $25.49. At the time, anything over $25 was eligible for free shipping (it's now anything over $49) and there was no tax for online orders. So, essentially, I only needed to pay less than two quarters for the box set. I'm not the biggest Matrix fan in the world, but for less than fifty cents, it was a no brainer for me. That thing is jam packed with behind the scenes stuff.

I'll look into renting the F&F movies for Film and 40s with my promo credit. Still bummed those movies aren't in one of the streaming services I'm subscribed to, though.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm not happy I bought a Switch but god damn I'm super excited for Zelda. I have seen the two E3 trailers and nothing else.

I realize we've all heard a ton about Zelda lately, but I wanted to share a a funny experience I had in the game.

It just has to do with a Shrine puzzle, but I'll spoiler it just in case:

The puzzle uses the controller gyro, and is one of those tilt-the-playfield-to-move-a-ball-through-a-maze games. Well I was getting annoyed at it, so I just turned the entire controller upside-down, and the playfield by extension. The underside didn't have any walls to navigate the ball through, so I just had to perform a much easier tilt to get the ball to the goal, all while holding my controller upside-down.

Sometimes tilt controls aren't so bad!
I think Austin mentioned doing the same thing on the Waypoint podcast!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I really like my switch as a hardware honestly. It's the high end portable i was afraid that would be going away with the advent of smartphones.

The flaws so far only really tasks about its use as a home console and i have no real interest using it as one.

Also the speakers are surprisingly nice.

Dineren

Banned
I like the hardware quite a bit. I did put my psvr cloth on the front of the dock to make sure my screen doesn't scratch. Hopefully it isn't as easy to scratch as it seemed in that Glixel thread.

faridmon

I really like my switch as a hardware honestly. It's the high end portable i was afraid that would be going away with the advent of smartphones.

The flaws so far only really tasks about its use as a home console and i have no real interest using it as one.

Also the speakers are surprisingly nice.

I actually like the Home Console aspect to it just because how easy it is to plug and play.
But yeah the portable part of it amazing.

Zaph

Zelda is now, officially, a good game

2IuVuvS.gif

faridmon

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/838214555595485184

Well looks like Jeff's enjoying Zelda way more than it seemed on these past couple of streams. I'm still debating whether I should just get it on Wii U or save it till later in the year when I might pick up the Switch. Kind of thinking of the holiday when there's a bundle or something.

At this point, Buying a Wii U is just stupid. Might as well wait for a price drop and get a Switch.

I realize we've all heard a ton about Zelda lately, but I wanted to share a a funny experience I had in the game.

It just has to do with a Shrine puzzle, but I'll spoiler it just in case:

The puzzle uses the controller gyro, and is one of those tilt-the-playfield-to-move-a-ball-through-a-maze games. Well I was getting annoyed at it, so I just turned the entire controller upside-down, and the playfield by extension. The underside didn't have any walls to navigate the ball through, so I just had to perform a much easier tilt to get the ball to the goal, all while holding my controller upside-down.

Sometimes tilt controls aren't so bad!

I did that, too. And I haven't seen a single person who solved it the "right" way. I'm beginning to think what we did is the intended solution and all that other stuff is there to make us think we got one over on the shrine and feel smart.

That was a great UPF. I'm going to miss Drew, he's great. I only hope that they bring him in as a guest for Demo Derby and stuff.

Ugh I want to play Zelda so bad, but the store I ordered it from didn't get their shipment. They told me Monday but i'm skeptical.

~34 hours into Zelda. Wii U version. No story/lore/location/item spoilers below, just mechanical things that might be fun to realize on your own.

It may be the most impressed I've ever been with a game. Its world structure combined with how weather can affect the world
and inventory+in-world items
and how internally consistent the physics are and how you can interact with all of that with your rune abilities... Using all of that to
"cheat" at puzzle solving because puzzle solving is based more on physics than "doing it the right way."
...and then using all that understanding of how all these mechanics and physics can interact with each other to add to the feeling of mystery because you can tie all that together not just into puzzle solving, but also into straight up discovering new/weird stuff in the world.

I've done things like
make a makeshift slingshot to reach higher on a cliff surface so I could catch the cliff wall higher up to burn less stamina climbing up it.
I discovered a really cool part of the world simply because I was
climbing a cliff and it started raining causing me to slip off and fall into it.

Dineren

Banned
Jeff's tweets make me wonder what's even on the gamepad screen for Zelda. A map? a horn? anything?

I was watching Nick from Idle Thumbs stream earlier and I think he said the only thing on the screen is text that says touch to switch to gamepad display or something like that.

I was watching Nick from Idle Thumbs stream earlier and I think he said the only thing on the screen is text that says touch to switch to gamepad display or something like that.

Nothing. IIRC, there's a permanent 'touch here' prompt to switch to playing on the Gamepad.

That's bizarre. On one hand I get it because it runs poorly on the Wii U, but now that we're on the other side, Nintendo barely justified the entire ethos behind the Wii U.

valeo

That's bizarre. On one hand I get it because it runs poorly on the Wii U, but now that we're on the other side, Nintendo barely justified the entire ethos behind the Wii U.

Doesn't sound like it runs that poorly at all.

IMO they just didn't want to put any work into that because it would've made it the superior version.

danm999

I'm finding the loop of managing real estate in Yazuka 0 very addictive.

The numbers are always going up then I have to karaoke battle a king and seek the approval of some radio DJ with postcards recounting the time I helped a dominatrix role play.

Top Bottom