• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Yeah you rub your stick on their face until the notes and hearts come out.

brddddqkd0.gif

belinho

Hey guys,

I'm kinda new to GB, so i don't know the dudes that well, and with this talks of the likelyhood of someone leaving, Vinny always comes up because he seems to have a lot more interests and talents.

What exactly does he do besides GB? I only know he plays guitar and does some woodwork, right?

def sim

My Switch was once again delayed by a day and Amazon gave me $30 promotion credit on top of the $25 and partial refund I've already received. They can continue bungling my order as long as they keep giving me stuff. ☺️

oti

Banned
My Switch was once again delayed by a day and Amazon gave me $30 promotion credit on top of the $25 and partial refund I've already received. They can continue bungling my order as long as they keep giving me stuff. ☺️

That's nice. Amazon screwed my order too, but they're granting me a price mistake so I'm getting it for 180€. Therefore I can wait a bit longer. :)

Hindl

I totally get all the complaints about the Switch, but I like the hardware. I don't really do a ton of online stuff, and I don't use cloud saves much so it's not a big deal for me. And the hardware feels great and has a nice build quality. There's a lot of problems with the Switch, but Zelda really does smooth everything out, and a lot of the problems are fixable. I think by September a lot of this shit should be ironed out.

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/838214555595485184

Well looks like Jeff's enjoying Zelda way more than it seemed on these past couple of streams. I'm still debating whether I should just get it on Wii U or save it till later in the year when I might pick up the Switch. Kind of thinking of the holiday when there's a bundle or something.

That's good to hear. His criticisms are completely valid, but for me the durability and shit hasn't been a problem. I get what he means about avoiding combat because you don't wanna waste good weapons, but I've found that once you start exploring the deeper areas, enemies have much better weapons all the time. Like aside from a Korok leaf and a fire rod none of my weapons have below 12 attack, and I'm not that far in. And that's more than enough for me.

Well,
one thing led to another after finishing a side quest, and i climbed up a cliff only to discover more land beyond. I saw a post of the world that looked more tropical, so i glided over. There was a thunderstorm as I'm trying to travel across this place broken up by waterfalls, only to have a GODDAMN ELECTRO DRAGON APPEAR. i tried jumping on it but died because i keep bouncing off it, decided to just leave him alone and watch him go his merry way. I climbed up a cliff, and then saw a huge sky vortex where the dragon flew back into to go back to wherever he was, then at the top of the cliff i met a centaur that is way too hard for me, so i peaced out.

Does anyone know what's up with that dragon yet?

Yeah the first time I saw that I lost my mind. Especially because
when it came out of the water a huge lightning storm started happening and the lizalfos I was fighting got electrocuted.

Also, I'm not sure what to do, but there's a in the tropical region that eventually needs something from the dragon to proceed. Not sure how to do that

def sim

That's nice. Amazon screwed my order too, but they're granting me a price mistake so I'm getting it for 180€. Therefore I can wait a bit longer. :)

Dang. It's been a bummer how poor Amazon's service has been, but they've certainly made things right. Though, I suppose they can do these things since most people probably don't call or contact support for compensation.

Edit: Huh my shipment was updated to deliver today.

Hindl

Dang. It's been a bummer how poor Amazon's service has been, but they've certainly made things right. Though, I suppose they can do these things since most people probably don't call or contact support for compensation.

It's ever since they started using their own courier that things have gotten fucked up. The one good side is their couriers deliver on Sunday

Also if you haven't, make sure you get the climbing bandana in Zelda. Helps things so much

I did that, too. And I haven't seen a single person who solved it the "right" way. I'm beginning to think what we did is the intended solution and all that other stuff is there to make us think we got one over on the shrine and feel smart.

I did it using the maze. Took a few tries.

I did try the other way but it seemed trickier.

bjork

Hey guys,

I'm kinda new to GB, so i don't know the dudes that well, and with this talks of the likelyhood of someone leaving, Vinny always comes up because he seems to have a lot more interests and talents.

What exactly does he do besides GB? I only know he plays guitar and does some woodwork, right?

He's into disaster prep, so he has his bug-out bags ready to rock. It's also apparently why he's trying to get a ham radio license. He worked at a roller rink in his younger days and those stories are always great. Also, if you're planning to back at all and listen to older bombcast episodes, new-dad stories from around the time his son was born are a hoot, as well as the story about his plumbing problems when his house was being prepared.

Vinny is great.

Listening to an old Bombcast (07-13-10) and man... WiiWare/DSiWare was the best Bombcast segment.

I always liked the Nintendownload Xpress that had Ryan as a guest host.

pizzacat

Banned
I realize we've all heard a ton about Zelda lately, but I wanted to share a a funny experience I had in the game.

It just has to do with a Shrine puzzle, but I'll spoiler it just in case:

The puzzle uses the controller gyro, and is one of those tilt-the-playfield-to-move-a-ball-through-a-maze games. Well I was getting annoyed at it, so I just turned the entire controller upside-down, and the playfield by extension. The underside didn't have any walls to navigate the ball through, so I just had to perform a much easier tilt to get the ball to the goal, all while holding my controller upside-down.

Sometimes tilt controls aren't so bad!
You could have tilted the whole map in a way to reach the end immediately when the ball response too

Grass is always greener etc. but after watching all these Zelda streams I wish I was playing that instead of Horizon. Although I'm still in the tutorial, I hear it gets a lot better when it opens up. Just no way I'm picking up a console for a single game, I don't play through many games in a given year anyways.

Rainmaker

Banned
I played the first couple of hours of Horizon last night and am enjoying it so far. Wasn't really planning on picking it up so soon but when I saw how awesome Zelda looked and couldn't find a Switch without a preorder I needed something new to play.

I've also been working my way through Breaking Bad: Demon's Souls again. Brad and Vinny is one of my all-time favorite GB duos. It was great to see Brad back in normal form on UPF last week. What a guy.

Wunder

Been rewatching the Phantasmagoria 2 videos today and I really think its time to bring back FMVinny. They just have so much fun with them!

They were honestly some of my least favorite features on the site, but Noctropolis was pretty good so I wouldn't mind. They just seem to drag on and on sometimes with absolutely nothing happening.

They were honestly some of my least favorite features on the site, but Noctropolis was pretty good so I wouldn't mind. They just seem to drag on and on sometimes with absolutely nothing happening.

Really? Phantasmagoria 1 was some of the best Giant Bomb stuff, the second was pretty good as well. As long as they keep a FAQ nearby so they don't get completely stuck it tends to be pretty good.

FluxWaveZ

That's weird. I disliked Noctropolis, but stuff like Phantasmagoria, Contradiction, Police Quest: SWAT and Emergency Room were fantastic.

Hindl

Listening to an old Bombcast (07-13-10) and man... WiiWare/DSiWare was the best Bombcast segment.

It just reminds me of the fucking travesty that is the lack of eShop music on the Switch. I wish someone would ask Nintendo about that, that needs to be patched in asap. Wii eshop music was so damn good

Wunder

Really? Phantasmagoria 1 was some of the best Giant Bomb stuff, the second was pretty good as well. As long as they keep a FAQ nearby so they don't get completely stuck it tends to be pretty good.

That's weird. I disliked Noctropolis, but stuff like Phantasmagoria, Contradiction, Police Quest: SWAT and Emergency Room were fantastic.

I think Contradiction is in a category of it's own, just because its more modern, but I felt like a lot of them had stretches of them trying to figure out a puzzle or what to do next but not wanting to refer to a FAQ too quickly. I can't really think of many examples but I know I didn't end up watching a lot of random PC games because I thought they'd be kinda boring

Sakwoff

This is gonna end up in me buying a Switch, isn't it?

Weirdly enough the region free + easy account switching kind of sealed it for me. I'm not even someone who imports a lot of stuff. But it's so cool.

This is gonna end up in me buying a Switch, isn't it?

Weirdly enough the region free + easy account switching kind of sealed it for me. I'm not even someone who imports a lot of stuff. But it's so cool.

I've got the same. I have one set aside for me and everything. I'm so close to biting the bullet. So close.

I'd forgotten about the insane puzzle at the end of Phantasmagoria 2. I just cant get my head around how anyone was ever supposed to work that out on their own???

That_One_Puzzle_In_Phantasmagoria_2_for_Tv_Tropes_1508.jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Finally watched that long ass Jonathan Blow The Witness video after I've now finished the game. I have to go back, though, because I apparently missed quite a bit.

One of my favs.

Hey guys,

He had a video career before he even worked for Gamespot. I think people tend to think he could land a better paying job if he wanted to. Especially because he bought a house and has kids now. But honestly, he would've done that already and not build GB East. Vinny is safe!

edit: Vinny worked on this for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miZxYjqqjZM

Top Bottom