• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

I just caught up on Film & 40s

(By the way, I'm not a native English speaker and I just spent way too long trying to figure out if my first sentence was correct. What's the difference between "I caught up on" and "I caught up with"? After a bit of googling it seems to me they are used interchangeably.)

They both work in this context, yeah. 'I caught up with 'x'' is also specifically used to refer to talking to a person / people you haven't spoken to in a while.

silentg

All GTA games are bad games.

html5

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Thing about GTA games that really gets to me is that the open world feels so lifeless. It's just a series of boxes that you drive around with nothing to do and buildings are pretty much meaningless except for a few select stores. It's pretty much my problem with all GTA style open worlds. It looks pretty but it's only a surface level of superficiality. It doesn't feel like a world.

Yakuza does the rendering of an urban environment much better from what I've seen.

Also the combat is trash in every entry.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
After that "We play The Witness with Jon Blow" video I felt motived
to reinstall the game and try to do "The Challenge" and I did it! Took me probably 12 tries or something, pretty happy with that one.

Good video btw.

Zelda BotW totally does the Far Cry 2 thing where you have plans and suddenly a lightning storm happens and you realize you have all all metal weapons and you're scrambling to bomb a tree to get a branch and fight back.

Catvoca

Banned
After that "We play The Witness with Jon Blow" video I felt motived
to reinstall the game and try to do "The Challenge" and I did it! Took me probably 12 tries or something, pretty happy with that one.

Good video btw.

Congrats, I never managed to finish that part. It still bums me out that we haven't gotten more videos like that Jonathon Blow one where they sit down with a Dev after the game's come out and talk about it while playing.

Zelda BotW totally does the Far Cry 2 thing where you have plans and suddenly a lightning storm happens and you realize you have all all metal weapons and you're scrambling to bomb a tree to get a branch and fight back.

I dont like it

Its like

Why the hell is lightning striking me. You dont see cars get constantly struck by lightning in real life, so why is a metal stick calling down thor on me. Its just not fun.

Antiwhippy

I dont like it

Its like

Why the hell is lightning striking me. You dont see cars get constantly struck by lightning in real life, so why is a metal stick calling down thor on me. Its just not fun.

Because technically all cars are wearing rubber boots.

Did you know?

The quick look for God Eater 2: Rage Burst is one of the 10 most watched videos on the Giant Bomb youtube page?

Also 4 of the top 12 videos are quick looks of random simulators.

The Skyrim : All Daedra Quest achievement guide is still far and away the most viewed video with almost twice as much as the second most popular video the quick look for Digital Combat Simulator: A-10C Warthog.

This was the giantbomb YouTube fact minute. Please like, comment and subscribe.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
botw does a great job of making inventory management and durability as annoying as humanly possible

and making every treasure chest feel like a shitty bingo machine that almost always leads to disappointment. or when you get something cool, it's not even that good and you break it instantly and you wonder why its in some random box and not a big deal. like a boomerang.

Antiwhippy

Yeah, my one complaint really is that loot doesn't really feel particularly special when you're going to break it sooner or later. :p

Though I've found some pretty good weapons that I've broken on some of the harder enemies.

I actually don't mind the inventory system overall. I just wish I could throw bows like I can throw away my bad weapons by tossing it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats, I never managed to finish that part. It still bums me out that we haven't gotten more videos like that Jonathon Blow one where they sit down with a Dev after the game's come out and talk about it while playing.
Yeah, that's what I thought when watching it. It's kind of unique.
I guess only indie devs are willing to do something like that and for a lot of games it wouldn't be that interesting. The Witness is perfect for it.

I wish Brad forced him to explain the shipwreck puzzle, though

Zornack

Healing requiring ~6 button presses is absurd. There's a reason dark souls/nioh/bayonetta/etc. let you heal with the press of a single button. The flow of combat is completely broken when I have to pause the game every time I get hit.

I found two cool and possibly unique swords I don't see myself using unless I'm in a real jam. And I wish the leaf wasn't considered a melee weapon and taking up a slot. Effectively I have four weapon slots because the others are for unique weapons/tools. And one shield slot is for a crummy snowboard shield.

Did you know?

The quick look for God Eater 2: Rage Burst is one of the 10 most watch videos on the Giant Bomb youtube page?

The Skyrim : All Daedra Quest achievement guide is still far and away the most viewed video with almost twice as much as the second most popular video the quick for Digital Combat Simulator: A-10C Warthog.

I enjoyed reading this and looking at the YouTube channel for all this. Cheers!

I just don't understand the value of the weapon system.

Why have weapon drops if you can't repair/purchase/craft/see durability values? It just seems half-assed. If you're going to have such a system, you have to go all the way.

Lunar FC

Amazon went from saying my Switch delivery was being delayed another day to saying it was delivered. 3.5 hours till i'm off work.

#NeonSquadAssemble 🤗

Did you know?

The quick look for God Eater 2: Rage Burst is one of the 10 most watched videos on the Giant Bomb youtube page?

The Skyrim : All Daedra Quest achievement guide is still far and away the most viewed video with almost twice as much as the second most popular video the quick for Digital Combat Simulator: A-10C Warthog.

People love the God Eater Minute on the podcast for a reason.

I really hope the success of Logan leads to this
ivR7yBz.gif

How did that crappy Deadpool game get a remaster when that movie came out but not this game for Logan?

It was a totally serviceable God of War clone. We dont have many of those these days. I bet it could have found a audience today.

You throw all the bugs and frogs live into a boiling pot man. Link is a hard motherfucker.

I have to learn recipes. I keep eating cooked fruit. One island I found had about fifty bananas.

Need to upgrade my health first. Once I left the first area, I basically started wandering in the opposite direction of where it wanted me to go. With three health, nearly every enemy I encounter can kill me in one hit.

And I finally came across horses. There was one all black horse I wanted that was impossible to sneak up on. I threw apples to see if that'd distract it, but no go.

hamchan

Did you know?

The Skyrim : All Daedra Quest achievement guide is still far and away the most viewed video with almost twice as much as the second most popular video the quick look for Digital Combat Simulator: A-10C Warthog.

So basically Giant Bomb has lost all their top talent like Kessler and Drew who were responsible for making all these most viewed videos.

Top Bottom