• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

How did that crappy Deadpool game get a remaster when that movie came out but not this game for Logan?

It was a totally serviceable God of War clone. We dont have many of those these days. I bet it could have found a audience today.

I enjoyed this game as well as X2: Wolverine's Revenge back in the day. One of my favorite touches of the origin game is the damage model on Wolverine, shit could get gruesome.

Yeah, my one complaint really is that loot doesn't really feel particularly special when you're going to break it sooner or later. :p

Though I've found some pretty good weapons that I've broken on some of the harder enemies.

I actually don't mind the inventory system overall. I just wish I could throw bows like I can throw away my bad weapons by tossing it.

As you progress through the game later weapons have higher durability. They still break, but they take a beating for some time. I didn't like the durability system initially but now that I'm in the swing of things I do respect it. I am actually starting to like how this is forcing me to always adjust and adapt--it just adds to the hectic sandbox nature of the game. Also [ITEM SPOILERS!!!]
it only emphasizes how great the master sword is once you realize that it's technically unbreakable--it's like the first item you truly feel the need to keep, and other items that carry their durability like the lightscale trident

Their reasoning for Wolverine's lunge is funny. Something to the extent of, Logan has stubby claws while Kratos has chains to reach enemies far away, so we'll make him comically jump enemies to close the distance.

I like the durability system in BotW. It encourages me to use weapons I normally would never even bother with. Doesn't feel like busy work or unrewarding either, you find new weapons everywhere.

Also finally finished UPF. Drew is gonna be missed :(

I need the next Beast in the East episode, now. I'm debating waking up extra early tomorrow morning to start it. Their reaction to the Majima reveal in the last episode was everything I'd hoped.

Ullus

The movie commentaries have been solid so far, but Alex has a bad habit of spoiling stuff 5 seconds before it happens.

Jothel

Should I get Horizon? The quick look didn't do much for me but seems like everyone rather likes it... Is the actual game infinitely better than what they showed?

Should I get Horizon? The quick look didn't do much for me but seems like everyone rather likes it... Is the actual game infinitely better than what they showed?

I found most of the videos leading up to release boring, it looked boring when Jeff played it and the reviews never really convinced me when I read them. My friend got it for me as a late birthday gift and I played about 12 hours and gotta say...It's pretty good. Has a pretty engaging story and the combat does feel really good. I'm not in love with the game and have a few issues with it, but it is good.

Jothel

I found most of the videos leading up to release boring, it looked boring when Jeff played it and the reviews never really convinced me when I read them. My friend got it for me as a late birthday gift and I played about 12 hours and gotta say...It's pretty good. Has a pretty engaging story and the combat does feel really good. I'm not in love with the game and have a few issues with it, but it is good.

I see... I'll probably pick it up when it's on sale then! Thanks

AngryMoth

I was pretty worried after seeing the quick look but I'm loving the game. I think it kind of shows that it's the studio's first open world game cos it's a bit rough around the edges in some ways but the core combat is good and the story is really fucking great.

I spent... so much time playing Zelda this weekend. I doubt I've played game this much over a weekend since college. I'm almost glad the Switch doesn't have the activity tracker so I could actually quantify my shame :lol

If 1-2 Switch were cheaper I'd be tempted to buy it to try with coworkers on lunch (or drinking after work lol).

Lunar FC

I spent... so much time playing Zelda this weekend. I doubt I've played game this much over a weekend since college. I'm almost glad the Switch doesn't have the activity tracker so I could actually quantify my shame :lol

Basically how I feel with Horzion rn. And now I just got Zelda.

I managed to refrain from putting it in my mouth, it was tempting doe.

If 1-2 Switch were cheaper I'd be tempted to buy it to try with coworkers on lunch (or drinking after work lol).
Same. Got no chores done because I was glued to my Switch all weekend. I keep having a revelation when I realize I'll be able to continue playing during my downtime at work. I just beat my first major dungeon. What an incredible game.

I know what you mean. I usually play about 1-2 hours of a game per day when I can with some days being 2-3 hours if i'm not terribly busy or I get a new game. With Zelda I was expecting the same thing but I think I played about 6 hours on Friday, about 10 hours on Saturday and 7 hours today. I haven't played a game in that stretch of time since I played persona 4 on the PS2 when I was in high school. There is just something great about the game. I really need to get back to horizon at some point :/ I might make horizon my weekday game and zelda my weekend game so I can hopefully get both done before Persona 5 comes out.

Lunar FC

Add me bruvs. 8151-9427-9513

2 minutes in BoTW and I know the control differences between this and Horizon are going to kill me.

Dineren

Banned
I can't believe how much time I've spent playing Zelda and I still have at least three regions I haven't stepped foot in. This game is massive.

I'm a bit disappointed that I'm being forced (or at least strongly encouraged) to focus on heart containers over stamina upgrades though. Dan mentioned it on a podcast or in the QL, I really wish I had followed his advice now.

I can't believe how much time I've spent playing Zelda and I still have at least three regions I haven't stepped foot in. This game is massive.

I'm a bit disappointed that I'm being forced (or at least strongly encouraged) to focus on heart containers over stamina upgrades though. Dan mentioned it on a podcast or in the QL, I really wish I had followed his advice now.

Yup, hearts or bust. Some of the enemies here just 1 hit kill you, which is always surprising as hell whenever it happens.

Give yourself at least one or two stamina upgrades though. Being able to climb/glide stupid distances without stamina-specific food is really, really useful while exploring.

I went the total opposite direction since I wanted to climb some really high mountains and paraglide farther as soon as possible. Finally upgraded my heart's after 20 shrines. Going stamina focused at first is doable, You just have to be a lot more strategic with encounters and utilize parries, dodging and flurry rush more. Also abusing bombs like crazy.

sirap

I went the total opposite direction since I wanted to climb some really high mountains and paraglide farther as soon as possible. Finally upgraded my heart's after 20 shrines. Going stamina focused at first is doable, You just have to be a lot more strategic with encounters and utilize parries, dodging and flurry rush more. Also abusing bombs like crazy.

Don't forget food buffs. Super important early on in the game and they make you a demigod later on once you've upgraded your base stats.

Eh, it's so easy to avoid attacks or farm fairies that I'd rather have the stamina to go exploring.

Where? I've come across two after a number of hours.

And I wish Switch had a PS4 video feature. Somehow a wild horse decided to jump off a bridge after me into a lake. I watched it swim over to me on a small island, which it's now stranded on because it won't swim off.

The video of Vinny etc. getting lost in the web of shady download sites looking for a Eurotruck mod came up in my recommended videos and yup, still Top 5 Greatest GB moments.

Top Bottom