• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Jothel

I was pretty worried after seeing the quick look but I'm loving the game. I think it kind of shows that it's the studio's first open world game cos it's a bit rough around the edges in some ways but the core combat is good and the story is really fucking great.

The video that came out before release - the scene with the guy shouting that he'd kill himself - is that not really representative of the game at all then?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Where? I've come across two after a number of hours.

And I wish Switch had a PS4 video feature. Somehow a wild horse decided to jump off a bridge after me into a lake. I watched it swim over to me on a small island, which it's now stranded on because it won't swim off.

Great fairy at kakariko.

Still need to play Tropical Freeze and Pikmin 3 before I can retire my Wii U. It's a minor thing, but when I pack it up, I'll be through with giant power bricks for consoles.

Great fairy at kakariko.

Figures.
it's the place the game wants me to go, and where I've been avoiding.

Yeah. After the first four spirit orbs and I got the marker on my map, I ran in the opposite direction. More or less how I play Elder Scrolls games.

Jintor

i'm glad I waited until I played a lot of zelda to watch this ql, but i'm also really glad I watched this quick look.

them approaching the castle and then turning around to find a golem about to kick their ass was amazing. I love it when all three of them just scream in terror all at once

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
The Switch is pretty good. I've been spending every free moment playing Breath of the Wild. It makes me feel like a teenager again. I also preordered Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and, more importantly, PuyoPuyo Tetris.

I want to pick up Blaster Master Zero but I definitely won't have time to play since my life seems to be devoted to BotW right now.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see the "vote" button anymore.
"You voted for the finalists, now it's up to our judges to pick one of these couples to send to Las Vegas for the ultimate Taco Bell wedding."

e: Too slow.
I want to see a picture of the official Taco Bell judges, though.

"You voted for the finalists, now it’s up to our judges to pick one of these couples to send to Las Vegas for the ultimate Taco Bell wedding."

"You voted for the finalists, now it’s up to our judges to pick one of these couples to send to Las Vegas for the ultimate Taco Bell wedding."

e: Too slow.
I want to see a picture of the official Taco Bell judges, though.

oh, alright. Well, I've check what other videos there were, and Dan's was the best. Really. Some other finalists didn't have videos though; I'm not sure why.

How spoilery is the BOTW QL? I'm playing the game myself and I'm a decent-ish ways in but I don't want to see any late-game or endgame stuff.

edit: okay i started the video and they laid it out pretty well.

Avoid the Switch stream if you're trying to stay spoiler-free on BotW. They're fast and loose with what they talk about.

Major props to Dan & Beast for their handling of BotW's QL. It was just the balm I needed while waiting for BotW to be delivered.

bjork

Married at Hoodslam.

Fuck the Vows 2017

I'm not always a fan of Dan's antics and I think the taco bell thing is incredibly dumb, but if he got married at Hoodslam with Pooh Jack being the MC or whatever it's called, I would say that's just the right kind of dumb to be pretty cool.

Anyone else have issues with the HUD on Horizon? I ended up having to switch it to Dynamic mode because it just felt so damn cluttered on normal and made it hard to play the game.

Mupod

I'm excited for Yakuza.

they stopped almost right before Mr. Libido. Dis gon be gud.

I liked Majima a lot, I wonder if his playstyle will work better for Dan. He actually has heat action counterattacks to justify the random triangle button mashing. Slugger style is godlike and Breaker has uhhh good music I guess.

I have it set to Dynamic (I think) and I still feel like it's cluttered in places.

It's been my biggest issue with the game. I really struggled at the beginning of the game when you play as young Aloy. With the camera being lower and the cluttered HUD I felt like I could see nothing. Then throwing the scanning on top of it at that moment made me lose my mind and end up looking for fixes in the menu.

Hindl

Damn I'm gonna need to fit some Yakuza in between Zelda. I want to keep ahead of what BitE is doing and I think they'll probably be caught up to me by the end of this episode

Meneses

It's been my biggest issue with the game. I really struggled at the beginning of the game when you play as young Aloy. With the camera being lower and the cluttered HUD I felt like I could see nothing. Then throwing the scanning on top of it at that moment made me lose my mind and end up looking for fixes in the menu.

It's definitely cumbersome. I turned some stuff off and left others on Dynamic mode, but I might need to tinker with it a bit more.

So far the game seems alright, better than I imagined from the videos and Quick Look. But I did end up going back to managing a cabaret in Yakuza, so I don't know if Horizon will grab me in the end.

It does look fantastic, though, even on a regular PS4.

Ashby

Damn I'm gonna need to fit some Yakuza in between Zelda. I want to keep ahead of what BitE is doing and I think they'll probably be caught up to me by the end of this episode
Portable mode with Beast in the East on the tv, my dude!

Edit: totally misunderstood your post

2923666-js.jpg
Quick Look: Desync
Jeff and Brad rez into what appears to be Bulletstorm in a computer, and they're just fine with that.

Adult Swim doing some good shit.

Mupod

Part of me was terrified that they'd somehow miss you-know-who. Even if Zelda finally gets here tonight I have to watch some Yakuza.

my issue isn't the HUD so much as how it crowds the screen combined with the field of view. I wish it was pulled back a little further. I know a lock on wouldn't work well with Horizon and it's fine most of the time as I fight at range. But when enemies get real close, or even worse dealing with those flying fucks, the camera can become a problem.

and then there's Stormbird who is THE Flying Fuck. An enemy that can quite easily one shot you on hard mode who likes to hover directly above you while spamming AOE lightning balls.

I mean I play Monster Hunter I'm fine with manual cameras and enemies that attack from off screen. But flying enemies in Horizon can be worse than fighting a Nargacuga on the PSP. Thank god for the Ropecaster.

Top Bottom