• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

ev0

Baron Mundi
Jessica Albacore
Bass Rutten
Barry Cuda
Mike Trout
Marlin Brando
Fishface McFisherson
Michael Puffer
Petaluma Piranha
Pale Chub

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Fish puns aside, Desync looks cool but I feel like by making the game super hard it works against the whole "kill with skill" thing they are going for. Also I hate games that just spawn enemies behind you.

Wait... Charlie Tunoku was a play on Charlie Tuna? Mind blown.

Edit: I just beat my first Zelda dungeon. This game just keeps getting better.

Gurrry

Wait... Charlie Tunoku was a play on Charlie Tuna? Mind blown.

Edit: I just beat my first Zelda dungeon. This game just keeps getting better.

Beat mine too last night and i have probably put 10 hours into the game before even getting there. I realllllly hope there are more than
main dungeons. The one I did was so great I really want more!

Wait... Charlie Tunoku was a play on Charlie Tuna?
2qWcBNl.jpg
I guess my defence would be that I wouldn't know that radio host?

Beat mine too last night and i have probably put 10 hours into the game before even getting there. I realllllly hope there are more than
main dungeons. The one I did was so great I really want more!

I'm pretty sure that's all there is until the DLC. Considering how relatively
short
the dungeon was, I'm surprised that they didn't do more. Hopefully there are a decent number of world bosses, as the
boss--short series of puzzles--boss sandwich
pattern for dungeons would be a bit disappointing otherwise. The only one I've encountered so far is the
Lynel
that you're just supposed to avoid before the dungeon, which was a great callback to
the original Zelda

pizzacat

Banned
I was playing p4au 2.0 yesterday (you know the only good game with the words "persona 4" in it)

And damn aki is so fun to use

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
It really is. I totally understand those initial complaints though, and I think they're valid and will put some people off. But once I kind of accepted those systems for what they were, I've found I quite like them! You just can't get too attached to weapons, or horde them. Just use 'em, break 'em, and find more. It's liberating!

I'm on a conference call all day. I really should have brought my switch to work.

Vinny: "I usually name my RPG characters after food. So let's call him Tuna"
Jeff: "This is the last name you're entering here."
Vinny: "Okay, so... we'll call him Tunoku."
Ryan: "Charlie Tuna!"
Vinny: "Charlie, I like Charlie. Ryan suggested Charlie."

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Charlie The Tuna is a maskot!?

I guess I didn't get the joke for almost 10 years.

charlie-tuna.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
this nonsto onslaught of good games and movies thats been going on for like 5 months now doesnt seem to be stopping

Meguro

Banned
I know it has been said to death but fucking stop it 2017.
Now you're telling me the NieR sequel I always wanted is amazing as well?
How will I ever manage to finish Zelda and Nier Automata before P5?
The answer is never since Zelda is gonna take me like 100 hours

kai3345

Banned
just nabbed my switch! i've got a stupidly long international flight this weekend with a stupidly long layover so i figured that was as good of an excuse as any to grab one

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I brought mine to work, it's magical.

I'm really enjoying it too, I just wish there was more to play than just Zelda.
It's a slick piece of hardware (except when the fucking left joycon disconnects which happened to me a couple of times already), I do hope they add at least a web-browser at some point though.

Volotaire

I'm really enjoying it too, I just wish there was more to play than just Zelda.
It's a slick piece of hardware (except when the fucking left joycon disconnects which happened to me a couple of times already), I do hope they add at least a web-browser at some point though.

Users have found ways of using the Switch browser to access social media sites and video sites. It seems to be functional so barring any concerns Nintendo have, it could be ready soon.

justjim89

Watching Yakuza, and hostess clubs seem like an even poorer value proposition than a strip club. Spend a bunch of money for the illusion that an attractive girl likes you, and then go home and take a cold shower knowing you wasted your money.

Mr. F

Banned
Waypoint has a new hire. Unclear yet if they'll be on the podcast but might be worth checking back into for those who were kind of turned off.

Watching Yakuza, and hostess clubs seem like an even poorer value proposition than a strip club. Spend a bunch of money for the illusion that an attractive girl likes you, and then go home and take a cold shower knowing you wasted your money.

I guess it kinda makes sense if you are a salary man who just worked 14 hours and wants to chill out with someone.

Waypoint has a new hire. Unclear yet if they'll be on the podcast but might be worth checking back into for those who were kind of turned off.

Yup, Rob Zacny. He was always good on the Gamers with Jobs Conference Call so I expect him to do well on the pod.

Top Bottom