• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Lunar FC

What actually IS that game? I've seen a fair number of people I follow on twitch stream it and its been popping up here and there on Steam.

It's the game Gbeast should be playing instead of Yakuza.

It's like a conversation based adventure game I think?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Not to say it executes everything perfectly, but i kinda just love the way it kinda plays with similar themes inio asano plays with because it's such a rare thing to find in games. Also not to say it's entirely like those 2 books I've mentioned, but the themes are similar.

Bea is my bae.

What was Drew's best impression? He had so many.
My money is on Dave Lang: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuVSM3p3ptw&feature=youtu.be&t=25m49s (timestamp)

ljtbkh.gif

Dineren

Banned
I am finally far enough that I felt comfortable watching the second part of the Zelda QL and I love how Dan opens it by just going through his photos like he just got back from vacation. I think if Vinny had let him he would have spoiled every moment in the game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is For Honor the new Evolve? I feel like I heard so much buzz about the game leading up to release, the weeks after release and then it was suddenly gone. Like I see people streaming it on twitch but it went from top 3 games to about 3 weeks to like 4 rows down

Not to say it executes everything perfectly, but i kinda just love the way it kinda plays with similar themes inio asano plays with because it's such a rare thing to find in games. Also not to say it's entirely like those 2 books I've mentioned, but the themes are similar.

Bea is my bae.

Sure, OK. She's a cool character.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
the writing and 'choices' in night in the woods fall off a fucking cliff about halfway through though

instead of choices you just begin to get every choice replaced with 'yes' or 'yep' essentially

Antiwhippy

the writing and 'choices' in night in the woods fall off a fucking cliff about halfway through though

instead of choices you just begin to get every choice replaced with 'yes' or 'yep' essentially

Hmm, which parts? I can't really recall much like that.

I don't think it's a meant to be a branching choice based game though. It's more of variants of how much of a mess you are.

Maybe the reason Brad hasn't had many games to talk about recently is he's actually neck-deep in Persona 5 right now.

...probably not

kai3345

Banned
Maybe the reason Brad hasn't had many games to talk about recently is he's actually neck-deep in Persona 5 right now.

...probably not

Gamespot has had the game for a while now, I wouldn't be surprised if someone at GB is working on it too.

Although I think Jeff has recently insinuated that he might be playing it

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hmm, which parts? I can't really recall much like that.

I don't think it's a meant to be a branching choice based game though. It's more of variants of how much of a mess you are.

pretty much everything from
the kidnapping
onwards. the games basically forces you into being shitty just so it can create false drama despite earlier side missions/activities making it so you can actually avoid conflict with other characters.

Antiwhippy

pretty much everything from
the kidnapping
onwards. the games basically forces you into being shitty just so it can create false drama despite earlier side missions/activities making it so you can actually avoid conflict with other characters.

Hmm, I guess, but I view kind of as mae
showly losing control herself as she tries to avoid confronting her own problems.

Watching Yakuza, and hostess clubs seem like an even poorer value proposition than a strip club. Spend a bunch of money for the illusion that an attractive girl likes you, and then go home and take a cold shower knowing you wasted your money.

I was so baffled by the concept when playing that I had to ask the OT lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i love the yakuza series but ive always found their soundtracks pretty forgettable honestly

have you heard the new preys soundtrack? THAT will win score of the year. its so good

I bet Nier's is really good.

I can't wait to play that game. I was originally going to get Ghost Recon but I'd rather save it for the summer drought. End of this month will be ME & Neir. I bet the OST will be top 5 for sure but I don't think it'll top Yakuza 0's for the simple fact that the soundtrack is incredibly diverse and packed with tons of variety.

I can't wait to play that game. I was originally going to get Ghost Recon but I'd rather save it for the summer drought. End of this month will be ME & Neir. I bet the OST will be top 5 for sure but I don't think it'll top Yakuza 0's for the simple fact that the soundtrack is incredibly diverse and packed with tons of variety.

If you count 24 Hour Cinderella then I'll give you Soundtrack of the Year until Persona 5 :p

Hindl

Honestly, every time I've seen them stream it it looks better and better. I think it could really be the sleeper hit of the year similar to Doom.

Eh, at least from my impressions people were pretty immediately down with Prey when they revealed it. Everyone thought Doom was gonna be shit before release, especially because people hated the multiplayer betas

Mupod

Yakuza 0 blew away my expectations so hard that at this point I'm going to be impressed if my most anticipated game in many years, P5, even beats it. Including the soundtrack. I mean holy shit. Get me in on this linking random songs from the OST here, I could do that all day, this shit's 10 miles deep.

https://youtu.be/ApreCAQiZ4w

https://youtu.be/c9PPlq4rOB0

https://youtu.be/sg76TRf1I8E

The best part is a lot of it reminds me of F-Zero GX and of course I found out there's a reason for that.

edit: also I like me some synthwave and I didn't realize Mick was working on Prey, that's on my radar now too somehow.

Top Bottom