• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

sprinkles

I'm so fucking hyped for the next Film & 40s
Thanks for reminding me. I just ordered the Tokyo Drift Blu-ray, after watching the first two movies in German on Amazon Video without original language options I will definitely watch the best of these in English.

Meneses

Remember when Persona 5 came out in Japan and Jeff said some off-hand remark about doing something with it?

What if they got the english version and have been recording an ER all this time?

What if it's true, though

faridmon

Man, Can't get over how good this year have been in terms of quality game releases.

I mean, even the new Ghost Racon is surprisingly reviving well. WTF is going on?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Can't get over how good this year have been in terms of quality game releases.

I mean, even the new Ghost Racon is surprisingly reviving well. WTF is going on?
I feel like maybe companies have now learned from the past 8 years or so of open world games and are now better at putting together the different parts that make them. Pretty much all of these recent games get praise for actual game mechanics, which is really good news.

Salarians

Does This Severed Penis Fuck?

open your mouth and I'll show you

it's a mouth

Top 10 Dickless Daddies in Video Games
2651097-jeff_loves_yoshi.gif

faridmon

Is the Waypoint podcast still bad bad bad?

Discussions between Patrick and Austin: really good

Discussions between Patrick, Austin and other: Good to just OK

Discussion between others: Fucking abysmal

Used to be regular listener but dropped it, because I don't want to take the risk of guess whether they will talk great meta stuff or whether they will talk about which Overwatch character is fucking who.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Used to be regular listener but dropped it, because I don't want to take the risk of guess whether they will talk great meta stuff or whether they will talk about which Overwatch character is fucking who.
I'm pretty much the opposite. The episodes where Austin doesn't get to dominate are my favorites. So every third one or so.

Now it's bed bed bed.

I listened for like ~10 episodes from the start, and it was never good. I was hoping they'd find their footing and stop having the guests they were having on, but if it's now a Fucking podcast like their site largely is I think I'll continue to not listen. I just wanted to hear Austin talk about stuff, really.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You are exaggerating. They had one episode which leaned heavily into fandom stuff because of the guest, but I don't even think sex has come up in any recent episode.

You are exaggerating. They had one episode which leaned heavily into fandom stuff because of the guest, but I don't even think sex has come up in any recent episode.

Ah ok. Do they still have like, social media people on that don't seem to have any interest in games?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ah ok. Do they still have like, social media people on that don't seem to have any interest in games?
Pretty sure they only have one social media person in Danika Harrod who has been on the podcast a few times, but she has atleast some interest in games, because she has written for the site.

Since it launched?

Austin's strength really was with having Vinny and Alex to bounce off of. Patrick is too much "me too" adding nothing to the conversation. Also Vinny's absurdity and Austin's reaction to it played strongly into why he was so good with GBeast.
Patrick is fine, he gets his points across pretty well. Danielle has been reduced to the "yeah, right" person.

daveo42

Banned
I know we can rag on GB quite a bit at times, but man, the Waypoint OT seems like it's half-full of people bummed out about it.

I keep forgetting there is an OT for the site. I don't think I've listed to a podcast in weeks. It still the same format of everyone agreeing with Austin? Personally, he needs someone to counter balance him with either great counter arguments or just plain insanity. I think that's why he worked so well with Vinny and Alex. The insanity.

daveo42

Banned
"I just wanted to say my piece I know it's not gonna hang in this room so we can cut it"

This also feels alot like Vinny in far too many cases. Jeff, Brad, Dan (to a lesser extent) seem to rule the roost on opinion in most cases. Maybe time at GBEast will be good for Dan.

Top Bottom