• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Brad is enamored with Zelda, and Jeff has come around on it. GOTY locked up
red-dead-2.jpg

Hindl

^ If it's anything like RDR1, Jeff will personally bury that game in the ground

I will reassess later this year, but right now Zelda is the best and my favorite game I've played in many years.

Yeah I need time away from it, but this may be my favorite game ever, flaws and all

Brad is enamored with Zelda, and Jeff has come around on it. GOTY locked up

Last week I wasn't too high on it because it immediately felt like Skyrim.

Then today I woke up 10 minutes early to bang out a shrine and ended up late for work.

I guess it's pretty good.

TheChits

I really like the stamina and durability stuff, which I can't believe I'm saying. I've found myself being much more creative with both traversal and combat because of it

Catvoca

Banned
I'm curious to see if anyone plays enough Persona 5 for it to make a dent in the GOTY discussions (other then winning best style, obviously)

oti

Banned
Correct.
But that's my take on pretty much everything Rockstar has made.
I had my fun with GTA V and Bully. GTA's world is impressive. I wouldn't call it an amazing game, though. Maybe an amazing achievement or something like that.

if rdr then botw is euphenasia

i also dont want to see them defend botw after shitting all over the state of fallout 4., because botw is the worst running game in quite some time
Because there are some slowdowns? lol

BTW, did we all forget that The Last Guardian exists or anything? If a game is good, it doesn't matter. Unless you want it to matter.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fallout 4 was broken in many more ways than an unstable frame rate.

that crashes frequently.
fallouts bad framerate was at least inconsistent. botw's bad framerate is all over the map and consistent in several major spots
I had my fun with GTA V and Bully. GTA's world is impressive. I wouldn't call it an amazing game, though. Maybe an amazing achievement or something like that.

Because there are some slowdowns? lol

BTW, did we all forget that The Last Guardian exists or anything? If a game is good, it doesn't matter. Unless you want it to matter.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349575

you cna also watch the crowbcat video to see several more crashes and lost progress

Hindl

Along with a terrible stamina and durability system

I like the stamina and durability system in it honestly

i also dont want to see them defend botw after shitting all over the state of fallout 4., because botw is the worst running game in quite some time

It's not any worse than TLG or FFXV, and the Fallout comparison doesn't make sense. In addition to the bad framerate, Fallout had thousands of bugs, a barren open world with NPC AI that felt straight out of 2006 Oblivion, and generally felt like Bethesda made a stripped down version of Fallout 3 rather than do something new. Zelda runs bad sometimes and has poor IQ. Everything else is polished incredibly well

As much as I'd wish BOTW had a better framerate, it is not the worst running game in quite some time and it's not on the level of console Fallout 4.

oti

Banned
that crashes frequently.
fallouts bad framerate was at least inconsistent. botw's bad framerate is all over the map and consistent in several major spots

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349575

you cna also watch the crowbcat video to see several more crashes and lost progress

Seems to work fine for the vast majority of people. Wouldn't you agree that Fallout 4 was far worse? If there was a "Zelda runs perfectly for me!" thread I could link that too.

And it's CrowbCat. I LOVE those videos but you can't possibly be saying they're indicators for the level of faulty hardware/software. There's a CrowbCat video about super loud PS4 Pro consoles too. Not like it was that big of an issue after all.

daveo42

Banned

It seems like BotW is more than a semi-functional game sitting in a mountain of glitches. Sure, there are technical issues, but that's nothing compared to the standard problems that come with a Bethesda open world game.

Are we really arguing about GOTY in fucking March? C'mon sons. ��

It actually started in late December.

Top Bottom