• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Meguro

Banned
I've read that Persona 5 takes like over a 100 hours to finish.
I can see Jason finishing it in December or something.

The real question of 2017 is: Will anybody at GB finish Persona 5.

Jason will probably be the farthest, Vinny might make it through a decent amount, Jeff will probably play for a quick look and maybe a few hours after that and drop it for other games, Brad and Dan will say it looks cool and maybe play a few hours but drop it, Im not sure where Alex will do. I just don't see anyone actually finishing it though. The only hope is that the new hires are big RPG fans and can push Persona 5 during GOTY.

Along with a terrible stamina and durability system

nah, durability system makes combat thrive. i'm still challenged in this game and I'm 50 hours in. also the stamina system hinders you rightfully until you start throwing spirit orbs at it. I'm at the point where I can practically jump up mountains and I feel like a journeyman god.

A number of hours in, the most aggravating part of Zelda isn't the durability or inventory management. It's the damn rain. Every time I'm about to climb something, it starts raining. And it rains all the time.

Hindl

A number of hours in, the most aggravating part of Zelda isn't the durability or inventory management. It's the damn rain. Every time I'm about to climb something, it starts raining. And it rains all the time.

Yeah I don't mind it too much but it is annoying. I wish you could find gloves or something that just let you dig right into the side of a mountain to make climbing easier

J_Viper

The fact that you guys are already discussing GoTY just goes to show how stellar a year this has been, especially compared to the last couple.

What were the best/most heated GOTY arguments? Brad and Jeff going back and forth on Fallout 4 the year before last comes to mind.

A lot of the early stuff are great listens. GTA4 vs MGS4, Batman Arkham Asylum vs Uncharted 2, and of course Ryan's betrayal in Skyrim vs Saints Row.

Hindl

What were the best/most heated GOTY arguments? Brad and Jeff going back and forth on Fallout 4 the year before last comes to mind.

Skyrim v. Saints Row 3 is the best. Whether or not Destiny goes on the Top 10 is another. And not really an argument, but I still love in 2015 when they started putting the top 10 in order, and they get to if Rocket League should be on the same level as Super Mario Maker. And Jeff was incredulous and just started dying laughing when they said Rocket league belonged there.

I really liked when Drew buried Metal Gear Solid V

That was great too. Brad already knew he lost Dan, but he was still ready to filibuster it to #1. Then Drew killed it and you can literally hear the hope leave Brad's voice

Yeah I don't mind it too much but it is annoying. I wish you could find gloves or something that just let you dig right into the side of a mountain to make climbing easier

Trouble is they use rain in certain areas intentionally to prevent you from spamming stamina foods and scaling them.. With most of the world, it just rains too frequently.

Hindl

On the one hand, I agree with everything they said. I really can't be hyperbolic enough about this game.

But, on the other hand, there's already a million Zelda threads, and one surefire way to turn someone off of something is to shove it in their face and talk about how perfect it is

And there really aren't spoilers in there. People thought he showed a picture of Ganon but it's a semi-rare enemy you'll run into. I've fought 3

Top Bottom