• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

So I'm watching Jim Sterling's video about his Digital Homicide video (and it's completely ridiculous), but he has a clip of a game about mopping up after all the blood and gore of a FPS game. I remember Giant Bomb covering this game in a quick look I think? Does anyone know what video I'm thinking about? I remember Giant Bomb thinking the idea had promise but thought the game was bad.

So I'm watching Jim Sterling's video about his Digital Homicide video (and it's completely ridiculous), but he has a clip of a game about mopping up after all the blood and gore of a FPS game. I remember Giant Bomb covering this game in a quick look I think? Does anyone know what video I'm thinking about? I remember Giant Bomb thinking the idea had promise but thought the game was bad.

Was it this one?
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/unfinished-viscera-cleanup-detail-04-08-2014/2300-8735/

Mr. F

Banned
Well, chipped a nail trying to get the shoulder button thing off a JoyCon after putting it on the wrong way. That was quick.

What a fucking awful piece of design, Jeff wasn't kidding when he said it feels like you're breaking it trying to get it off.

Xater

Listening to the Bombcast now as Jeff's impressions if Ghost Recon mirror my beta feelings. In that sense I am kind surprised by some of the reviews. Game seemed like a 7 at best.

Well, chipped a nail trying to get the shoulder button thing off a JoyCon after putting it on the wrong way. That was quick.

What a fucking awful piece of design, Jeff wasn't kidding when he said it feels like you're breaking it trying to get it off.

There are tabs that are under the locking mechanism(?) side you can press with a flat head that will free them without issue. Its in this CrowbCat video at 5:50.

Mr. F

Banned
There are tabs that are under the locking mechanism(?) side you can press with a flat head that will free them without issue. Its in this CrowbCat video at 5:50.

Good to know, thanks

If those things were well designed you shouldn't be able to put them on the wrong way.

There's a handful of weird boneheaded decisions on the software and hardware end, especially since Nintendo is typically good with ergonomics. I think wanting to be co-op out the box with the JoyCon's functioning as individual gamepads made for a lot of compromises along the way

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They do have the + - thing to show you which side to slide it in. Didn't have any trouble recognising that but I'm a graphic designer by trade so I'm more in tune to such things.

Jintor

will smith only bores me when he starts talking about vr, but there's like a 40% chance he does that at any given moment, so yeah

i want another bunch of dads and i want whitta on it

Wunder

will smith only bores me when he starts talking about vr, but there's like a 40% chance he does that at any given moment, so yeah

i want another bunch of dads and i want whitta on it

Recently deleted that off my podcast app after realizing there wasn't a new episode for almost two years. I need my Rich Gallup fix damnit

Megalodon

Neo Member
I still like Will Smith.

Peter Brown does suck though.

And Bombcast is pretty bad still.

3nl0X6o.gif

Teddified

Oh boy Jeff really ain't feeling the new Zelda huh.

eh? where do you get that? In the bomb cast he says it's an amazing game, and because he finds it great he just lays out all his issues with the game. There isn't really anything he said that makes me think he isn't feeling the game just has a few nitpicky things with it.

That switch video is scary. :/ and yeah even me, someone who is rather savy about electronics put the joy cons grip extenders in wrong the first time. Would have been nice to have instructions on litterally anything for the system but nope. Luckily I haven't run into any other issues besides that.

Peru

Jeff likes BotW, he'll probably find some argument for ranking Mario above it though. It WOULD be funny if he hated on Zelda because then he'd keep the tradition alive of shitting on my favorite Nintendo franchise entries like SMB3 and Metroid Prime.

hamchan

eh? where do you get that? In the bomb cast he says it's an amazing game, and because he finds it great he just lays out all his issues with the game. There isn't really anything he said that makes me think he isn't feeling the game just has a few nitpicky things with it.

Really? It feels like every point of praise Brad and Will heap on the game Jeff has to say "well that didn't happen/work for me." The main mechanic of stamina he outright thinks is a hassle.

It really seems like he isn't that into it.

Teddified

Really? It feels like every point of praise Brad and Will heap on the game Jeff has to say "well that didn't happen/work for me." The main mechanic of stamina he outright thinks is a hassle.

It really seems like he isn't that into it.

That's just the feeling I got from him. He said it was an awesome game, but also just had some grievances of it. Maybe he'll eventually burn out from it but to me it seems he likes it.

I guess Drew was responsible for good audio at GB? Dunno if it improves but the audio in this week's bombcast is pretty shitty at the start at least.

Top Bottom