• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Yeah I dunno. Seems like pretty much the same fortress assault stuff but with loot and now every once in a while there's an unskippable cutscene where one of your dudes jumps in front of a blade for you.

daveo42

Banned
Jeff really seems to be hung up on Zelda's inventory issues. I don't blame him, he just seems like on the wrong side of the honeymoon phase.

aka everyone in this thread

Nope. Will Smith is good people.

The audio was messed up on stream last week. Jason is lost without Drew.

Yeah...that's my legit worry. Blown out mics on the Switch steam last week and again on the Bombcast doesn't bode well in the short term. Hopefully it's something they can shake out and get right.

oti

Banned
Yeah I dunno. Seems like pretty much the same fortress assault stuff but with loot and now every once in a while there's an unskippable cutscene where one of your dudes jumps in front of a blade for you.

100% sure Jeff will HATE this game if that's a reoccurring thing. It adds cinematic-ness but Jeff ain't not the guy for that.

Hindl

Shadow of War looks dope, but Jeff is right. Those cinematics can't be everywhere, it really breaks up the flow

Jeff really seems to be hung up on Zelda's inventory issues. I don't blame him, he just seems like on the wrong side of the honeymoon phase.

Yeah hopefully he comes around as he digs into it more. I'm really glad Brad likes it though

demidar

I think after hearing how organic the systems in Zelda feel, anything else just elicits an "eh" from me.

Also the combat looks as bad as ever.

witness

So I'm still in the discussion about Zelda, but this is absolutely a preview of the game of the year podcast where Jeff doesn't want Zelda and brad does. The way brad is defending all criticism of it sounds exactly like those conversations they have every year.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I'm still in the discussion about Zelda, but this is absolutely a preview of the game of the year podcast where Jeff doesn't want Zelda and brad does.

And this is the year Dan will rise up and be the ultimate heel to get BotW to no. 1.

Hindl

So I'm still in the discussion about Zelda, but this is absolutely a preview of the game of the year podcast where Jeff doesn't want Zelda and brad does. The way brad is defending all criticism of it sounds exactly like those conversations they have every year.

Yeah I was gonna say that's what it sounded like to me. Except now he'll have Dan with him. Vinny and Alex could jump in too, and since they don't have to carry the game but contribute it should be good.

Just listening to the podcast now, and I was thinking the exact same thing.

Saints Row > Skyrim, I still remember Brad.

I feel that you shouldn't try and sell your game as every player having a unique story if your first media of it is going to be a highly scripted gameplay sequence that's released a few months before release.

daveo42

Banned
Remember when 2016 was the best year for games in a long time? This year is going to be better. Maybe much better.

This year is rough because there are several games I will probably never play just because there are too many good, long games that demand my time.

Catvoca

Banned
This year is rough because there are several games I will probably never play just because there are too many good, long games that demand my time.

Yeah. Last year I felt like I played 90% of the stuff I wanted to play before GOTY time. This year there will probably be so much that I miss out on.

Hindl

Eh, I think after Summer things will slow down. Even being generous and assuming everything hits holiday, fall looks like it's Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, RDR 2, and Mario, along with your usual annual franchises. All should be fantastic games, but that's not too bad. Things are packed till Splatoon 2, and then we'll get a breather. Of course, I'm sure we'll get a bunch of announcements at E3 for holiday 2017. I could see God of War hitting this year for instance

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

hthL95z.gif

Wowie Zelda can be difficult

I stumbled across the coliseum. I'm way underpowered to fight this Minotaur thing. A lightning storm starts up and I manage to drop my sword and run with the guy chasing me and lightning everywhere. Burned through a ton of food just to stay alive against him for a bit, barely made a dent in his health. This game doesn't mess around!

Yes. A lot. To the point he was downplaying Jeff's criticisms

Disagreeing with criticism isn't downplaying it.

swimbuff

Are the Vinnyvania or Megaman videos worth watching? I've only seen a few and they seem pretty light in terms of entertainment value, i.e. not much fucking around or funny stuff happening.

Are the Vinnyvania or Megaman videos worth watching? I've only seen a few and they seem pretty light in terms of entertainment value, i.e. not much fucking around or funny stuff happening.

VinnyVania I really enjoyed as something to watch in the background, the Megaman videos I can't get into but a lot of people seem to like them, so give them a shot!

daveo42

Banned
I went to PAX East once. I think my friends and I hung out in our hotel room more than out on the floor.

Eh, I think after Summer things will slow down. Even being generous and assuming everything hits holiday, fall looks like it's Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, RDR 2, and Mario, along with your usual annual franchises. All should be fantastic games, but that's not too bad. Things are packed till Splatoon 2, and then we'll get a breather. Of course, I'm sure we'll get a bunch of announcements at E3 for holiday 2017. I could see God of War hitting this year for instance

My big issue is that Persona 5 will take me 2+ months to beat and I won't play anything else in that time. It's the reason why I skipped on Nier and Zelda and KH and a few other recent games. They all seem like must plays that will instead collect dust due to the life-destroying Persona 5.

brdddblbol.gif

How do you guys watch Film and Forty's?

I use XBMC to watch all my media and haven't thought of a good way to play the GB audio at the same time.

I bought the blurays haha. I then pause the scene and go to either the timing or frame they describe and then I hit play as soon as they do.

Man, that looked GOOD.

brnmd35jl6.gif

Summer is your friend.

Shadow of Mordor should've been a Warhammer game, with how Wardor is shaping up. It was about the time that the Overlord started wielding a flamethrower that I realised this.

Hindl

Yep, it will fit comfortably right behind Odyssey.

Maybe their list, but I can't see how Mario will top this. Nintendo really knocked it out of the park with Zelda though, so maybe Mario will be something similar

It was the classic Shoemaker gambit of "it's not as bad as you say it is/it's not as bad as some other games out there."

Yeah, it was weird being on the other side of where I usually stand, after being against him defending Destiny and Fallout with those same arguments

Top Bottom