• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Mr. F

Banned
I just like saying Snipperclips. So satisfying.

Pretty much everything about Snipperclips is satisfying. I love the 'weight' of the snipping/reforming sound effects, reminds me of super chunky safety scissors I used as a kid in kindergarten or something. Also the music is greeeat (bo en, same guy whose music is used for the Waypoint podcast intro).

Xater

Its original name Friendshapes was also very very good.

I think it's a way superior name.

Holy shit, I'm dead. I'm starting to think the dialouge is written like that just to make fun of the whole millitary lingo stuff we see in movies and so on, at least that's what I hope.

I mean, "Baby makes three" and Cock Holster.

I think Snipperclips should be GOTY just because how much fun it is to say.

Then you expect too much from Ubi. This game is dead serious.

Hjod

Banned
Then you expect too much from Ubi. This game is dead serious.

Ugh, I guess you're right. I mean they managed to be kind of self aware with Watch Dogs 2 and have some fun with that and to go from that to GR is kind of weird.

Meguro

Banned
I looked up some of the dialogue in Wildlands and hooooooooooooooooooly crap.
People were not kidding.
That's the worst writing I've seen in a while.

Ein Bear

The Switch coming out has me re-watching the Wii U launch stream.

Patrick's slow realisation that his Nintendo ID is permanently locked to the office Wii U is one of my favourite ever GB moments.

ev0

Ugh, I guess you're right. I mean they managed to be kind of self aware with Watch Dogs 2 and have some fun with that and to go from that to GR is kind of weird.

Even saying GR sounds like it was written by high schoolers is an affront to high schoolers.

“Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands presents a first for the series with our massive open world that can be explored freely. With this amount of freedom, we wanted to bring in top talent to create a believable cartel organization and story”. She continues, “we knew that Don Winslow and Shane Salerno would be the perfect team to help us keep the game rooted in reality while keeping the game’s core entertainment experience.”

“Salerno is one of the most sought-after writers in the film industry. He is currently working with Oscar-winning filmmaker James Cameron on four separate sequels to Avatar”.

Winslow specializes in drug-trade writing, with over 20 years of research, making him the perfect writer for the war-on-drugs setting of Wildlands. His novel Savages was picked up by a certain Oliver Stone and turned into a film, while several of his books have hit the #1 international best sellers, including The Power of the Dog and Savages.

I don't know if they intentionally didn't mention Tropical Freeze during the Top 10 Wii U games or not, but *Arthur Fist*

The Switch coming out has me re-watching the Wii U launch stream.

Patrick's slow realisation that his Nintendo ID is permanently locked to the office Wii U is one of my favourite ever GB moments.

Epic Mickey framerate moment at the end is pure gold.

Xater

“Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands presents a first for the series with our massive open world that can be explored freely. With this amount of freedom, we wanted to bring in top talent to create a believable cartel organization and story”. She continues, “we knew that Don Winslow and Shane Salerno would be the perfect team to help us keep the game rooted in reality while keeping the game’s core entertainment experience.”

“Salerno is one of the most sought-after writers in the film industry. He is currently working with Oscar-winning filmmaker James Cameron on four separate sequels to Avatar”.

Winslow specializes in drug-trade writing, with over 20 years of research, making him the perfect writer for the war-on-drugs setting of Wildlands. His novel Savages was picked up by a certain Oliver Stone and turned into a film, while several of his books have hit the #1 international best sellers, including The Power of the Dog and Savages.

I actually laughed out loud reading this.

Salerno's credits suck. He has such masterpieces on there as AvP, Ghost Rider and AvP: Requiem.

Can't really judge Winslow. Not familiar with his books, but they seem to be doing alright looking at Goodreads.

Shadow of War looks dope.

Also those cutscenes where an orc saves your character, they might be triggered as a 'cheat death' thing, as in if you have an available orc general, they'll save you from being killed(As the necromancer is about to stab you, and the overlord about to burn you)

So I figure that if you don't have anyone available to save you, you'll die.

Hjod

Banned
”Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands presents a first for the series with our massive open world that can be explored freely. With this amount of freedom, we wanted to bring in top talent to create a believable cartel organization and story". She continues, ”we knew that Don Winslow and Shane Salerno would be the perfect team to help us keep the game rooted in reality while keeping the game's core entertainment experience."

”Salerno is one of the most sought-after writers in the film industry. He is currently working with Oscar-winning filmmaker James Cameron on four separate sequels to Avatar".

2543595-0836186284-Jeff..gif

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

kai3345

Banned
colin at it again

that whole tweet reeked of a hilariously desperate attempt to fuel "controversy". and now that people are calling him on his lazy joke falling flat he's pulling the "ha all these snowflakes getting triggered" card which just makes him look more desperate and sad lol

Xater

Shadow of War looks dope.

Also those cutscenes where an orc saves your character, they might be triggered as a 'cheat death' thing, as in if you have an available orc general, they'll save you from being killed(As the necromancer is about to stab you, and the overlord about to burn you)

So I figure that if you don't have anyone available to save you, you'll die.

I was baffled by the teams confusion on how you would control these things. I mean you probably just won't. It's just systems working together. Everyone will have stats relating to different characteristics and they might get triggered or not. That is what creates dynamic individual stories. They had some of that in the first game, they just expand on it here.

I was baffled by the teams confusion on how you would control these things. I mean you probably just won't. It's just systems working together. Everyone will have stats relating to different characteristics and they might get triggered or not. That is what creates dynamic individual stories. Thy had some of that in the first game, they just expand on it here.

Yeah. It was obvious how those cutscenes were triggered(How you get saved), both times you're staring down a barrel about to kill you. As for the dragon one, it was the player crashing into the giant troll thing.

But, but, I understand why they were confused. Because alot of times the makers of the game 'stage' those kind of scenes for the demo/gameplay to spice it up. Sorta how Sean Murray staged things with NMS back when they would show 'playable' moments or the trailers.

So I'm half way, I want to experience that in game before I say that is solidly how it will work in the game(But I'm leaning towards they have implemented a system that allows moments like that.)

Xater

Yeah. It was obvious how those cutscenes were triggered(How you get saved), both times you're staring down a barrel about to kill you. As for the dragon one, it was the player crashing into the giant troll thing.

But, but, I understand why they were confused. Because alot of times the makers of the game 'stage' those kind of scenes for the demo/gameplay to spice it up. Sorta how Sean Murray staged things with NMS back when they would show 'playable' moments or the trailers.

So I'm half way, I want to experience that in game before I say that is solidly how it will work in the game(But I'm leaning towards they have implemented a system that allows moments like that.)

It was definitely staged for this demo, but I can all see how you could give these guys just a couple simple stats that would trigger events based on a dice roll.

Xater

yup that is Colin, a complete piece of shit

I actually liked Greg a lot, but because of Colin (and to a lesser degree Gregg's support of Colin) I avoid Kinda Funny like the plague

I like Greg as well, but can not deal with any of the people he surrounds himself with at Kinda Funny.

Tagyhag

yup that is Colin, a complete piece of shit

I actually liked Greg a lot, but because of Colin (and to a lesser degree Gregg's support of Colin) I avoid Kinda Funny like the plague

It's a shame that others support Greg's support of Colin as well.

I'd love to know what GB would think of such a joke and Greg defending it.

Dineren

Banned
Just reading the responses like 75% of them are people excited by the idea of "SJWs" getting offended. He's really cultivating a great fanbase for Kinda Funny.

Lunar FC

I'd never have to hear anything about this guy if y'all didn't keep bringing it in here.

Also this bombcast is a minefield for somebody only a couple hours into zelda.

ev0

I wonder when his bullshit will start costing Kinda Funny.

Surprised respected industry people still give them the time of day.

I admit I was kind of disappointed/irrationally angry to see Press Sneak Fuck and Adam Boyes just did interview video things with him this week

justjim89

It's such a lame 90's comedian ass joke, too. "A day without a woman, huh? You know what that would be for me? A little peace and quiet for once, right folks?" It's the kind of joke Tim Allen would make in a sitcom. It's lazy, and the transparency of his trolling attempt makes it even more pathetic.

"Hey, hey babe. Watch me trigger these snowflakes!"

It seems like with each one of these he catches a little more flack from people of note. And Greg hasn't jumped in to defend him for once.

Top Bottom