• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

oti

Banned
I mean the stuff I linked was tweets from Alex and Dave Lang. And Austin stuff is obviously still tangentially GB related. Should we go back to talking about GOTY stuff in march? 😉
YES! That's actually fun. I don't need that other garbage in my life.

Sub-tweeting is the lamest shit. If you need to put out your hot takes, have some nerve and engage the person instead of passive-aggressively fishing for compliments.

Good on Lang for actually replying to that guy.
The issue with @mentioning sleezebags like Colin is that his rabid fanbase of Alt-right fucksticks will dogpile you.

I don't need that other garbage in my life.

I respect this desire 100%, but the underappreciated/mistreated women in the world that have their progress slowed by millions of garbage people like Colin Moriarty don't need THAT garbage in their life, and silence isn't doing their cause any favors.

I'm not saying that your own enjoyment doesn't matter, just that when making the tough decision over which to prioritize, I think there's more to be gained with even just the CHANCE that these discussions make someone at a tipping point re-think their behavior and change for the better. I wish that didn't come at the cost of bumming you out, because that sucks too.

Xater

I'm more interested in a Division 2 than a Destiny 2

I'm not, because I know how iterative Ubisift games tend to be. I have faith in Bungie actually changing a lot that was wrong with the first game. Also the entire scenario of Destiny is just way more interesting.

Bacon

I respect this desire 100%, but the underappreciated/mistreated women in the world that have their progress slowed by millions of garbage people like Colin Moriarty don't need THAT garbage in their life, and silence isn't doing their cause any favors.

*claps*

What the heck would Division 2 be?

"oh no another city got quarantined" and since its a Ubisoft sequel now the protagonist will be super cocky and "cool" and you can swim.

daveo42

Banned
Destiny 2 will probably be good as long as Bungie has their dev tools sorted and something resembling an actual story at launch. It should be fine.

What the heck would Division 2 be?

"oh no another city got quarantined" and since its a Ubisoft sequel now the protagonist will be super cocky and "cool" and you can swim.

I mean, what else would it be? My hopes is that they just take Watch Dogs 2 and turn that into Division 2.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I thought they were going the way of "games as a service" with the division and then have like another team making that avatar game at the same time.

I'm pretty sure I saw something about the next two expansions even being free for the game.

Also is Massive big enough for two games? Aren't they making that Avatar game?

That's why they're working on Year 2, rather than a full title. They said early on that the The Division would be a multi-year project. I actually really like the game, so I'm cool with that.

They really shouldn't have limited the game to Christmas time, though. I think it prevents you from doing a lot of fun things with the other holidays. They should also open up the Brooklyn part of the map. You spend the first hour of the game there and never see it again.

I'm pretty sure I saw something about the next two expansions even being free for the game.

All of the Year 2 dlc is free. The 2nd expansion has some story stuff, too.

Xater

That's why they're working on Year 2, rather than a full title. They said early on that the The Division would be a multi-year project. I actually really like the game, so I'm cool with that.

They really shouldn't have limited the game to Christmas time, though. I think it prevents you from doing a lot of fun things with the other holidays. They should also open up the Brooklyn part of the map. You spend the first hour of the game there and never see it again.

Makes sense.

I had some fun with The Division, but thee is nothing that makes me want to return to it ever. Destiny on the other hand I just see so much potential in.

hamchan

I'm more disappointed that Greg always has to step up to defend his best buddy. What am I supposed to think about that other than Greg also supports and thinks like Colin does?

oti

Banned

I'm not saying that your own enjoyment doesn't matter, just that when making the tough decision over which to prioritize, I think there's more to be gained with even just the CHANCE that these discussions make someone at a tipping point re-think their behavior and change for the better. I wish that didn't come at the cost of bumming you out, because that sucks too.

There's not much of a discussion here though. Everyone correctly agrees that Colin is a dirtbag. Every few days he says something awful, the same people say how awful he is and the cycle continues. Calling him out on Twitter is the way to go. Repeating that he's a dirtbag in the GB thread? I don't know if that helps much.

Also the entire scenario of Destiny is just way more interesting.

That's a huge reason why I'm way more interested in Destiny than The Division. I enjoyed my time with The Division, but it's modern day and fairly grounded. There's only so much you can do with that. Destiny is sci-fi so they can create super diverse and interesting settings, enemies, weapons and armor, etc. That's fairly important to me in a loot driven game where I want to see crazy and cool guns and armor.

I also trust Bungie more to make a fantastic followup than I trust Ubisoft.

There's not much of a discussion here though. Everyone correctly agrees that Colin is a dirtbag. Every few days he says something awful, the same people say how awful he is and the cycle continues. Calling him out on Twitter is the way to go. Repeating that he's a dirtbag in the GB thread? I don't know if that helps much.

Sure, that's fair.

Anyway, Horizon rules.

hamchan

I think it's cool to occasionally post bullshit like Colin so that we can all gather around and let everyone know that at least GBGAF (because I know some other parts of the GB community aren't like this) ain't like him.

Anyways Zelda rules.

Zelda > Horizon

(I haven't started Horizon, Nioh or Nier yet despite buying them all day one)

Xater

I think it's cool to occasionally post bullshit like Colin so that we can all gather around and let everyone know that at least GBGAF (because I know some other parts of the GB community aren't like this) ain't like him.

Anyways Zelda rules.

Zelda > Horizon

Yeah it's nice to be reminded that the people in here are not dirtbags. Also helps to keep my hope up for humanity, and I really need that these days.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I just need something to distract me from the fact I don't have a way to play Zelda tbh.

Already watched the snipperclips QL I guess?

Anyways Zelda rules.

Zelda > Horizon

Yeah it's nice to know that we don't tolerate bullshit like that here, aside from that I agree with otixero with this being such a recurring thing.

The hostess club management minigame in Yakuza 0 is super fun and way better then the real estate thing. I wouldnt even call real estate a mini game. You just [ump money into it and get money out and fight dudes sometimes.

Xater

The hostess club management minigame in Yakuza 0 is super fun and way better then the real estate thing. I wouldnt even call real estate a mini game. You just [ump money into it and get money out and fight dudes sometimes.

Not only is the hostess club the better mini game, it also has the better money payouts. I maxed out Majima so quick in this game...

Not only is the hostess club the better mini game, it also has the better money payouts. I maxed out Majima so quick in this game...

I got 1 billion for completely one of the zones which was waaaay more then I had with Majima before that.

Seems kinda broken but I am OK with that.

pizzacat

Banned
Isn't kinda funny the place that didn't get a ps4 pro even tho their offices are basically below sony toilets and they complained heavy

Isn't kinda funny the place that didn't get a ps4 pro even tho their offices are basically below sony toilets and they complained heavy

I think so? Though they were very down on the idea of a PS4 Pro before that, which might have contributed to them not getting a look at one. Not that that's a great reason, but it frames the story a bit.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I got 1 billion for completely one of the zones which was waaaay more then I had with Majima before that.

Seems kinda broken but I am OK with that.

Get Money -> Get Paid. Gotta stack that cash before you can get rich!
<Insert other semi-sincere platitudes that a rapper might shout here>
I love all the Yakuza stuff they've been doing.

Mr. F

Banned
The only time I enjoyed Greg Miller was on Danswers. Kind of too abrasive for me otherwise (see; shirtless E3 aftershow).

Also this Zelda voice acting sure is something huh. Makes me wonder if people are too close to their work to know better but in what world does a voice director sign off on those performances without issue?

Scizzy

Jeff is totally right about Horizon's lore. The things you learn about Aloy and the state of the world are legitimately compelling.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The only time I enjoyed Greg Miller was on Danswers. Kind of too abrasive for me otherwise (see; shirtless E3 aftershow).

Also this Zelda voice acting sure is something huh. Makes me wonder if people are too close to their work to know better but in what world does a voice director sign off on those performances without issue?

Sounds like saturday morning anime english dubbing.

So appropriate.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Yeah the voiceacting is the biggest problem I have with the game together with the inventory management when cooking. I have a hard time deciding which voiceactor is worst so far as all I've heard are real bad, I can't hear the difference between Zelda and an above 100 year old woman.

Though I'm one of the "weird" ones that really like the weapon durability in this game so I might nto be a voice of authroity here.

hamchan

Yeah hostess club is great. Though funnily real estate might actually be better for BitE since there's so little effort and time required.

I'm not sure Nintendo will ever prioritise storytelling in such a way where they'll emphasise a top-tier English voice cast the same way Sony and Microsoft's games tend to. Sadly.

At the very least they could have got Laura Bailey as Zelda. Bah.

daveo42

Banned
Jeff is totally right about Horizon's lore. The things you learn about Aloy and the state of the world are legitimately compelling.

Without spoiling anything, I completely agree. I'm not even that far into the main questline and stuff surrounding the world is super interesting and well told.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mass Effect comes out in like 2 weeks

it is crazy that I feel like there's zero excitement for it. or maybe i'm projecting because i sure am not.

Top Bottom