• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Mr. F

Banned
Wow, Colin has an army of fans that salivate at the thought of people getting triggered by something.

I didn't find it offensive so much as just lame, but maan that guy is the worst example of trying to tee up garbage just to complain about people complaining about it.

Anybody who has a Switch and someone to play with should totally get Snipperclips. I got it with Zelda and it's as I said before, a ton of fun.

“Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands presents a first for the series with our massive open world that can be explored freely. With this amount of freedom, we wanted to bring in top talent to create a believable cartel organization and story”. She continues, “we knew that Don Winslow and Shane Salerno would be the perfect team to help us keep the game rooted in reality while keeping the game’s core entertainment experience.”

“Salerno is one of the most sought-after writers in the film industry. He is currently working with Oscar-winning filmmaker James Cameron on four separate sequels to Avatar”.

Winslow specializes in drug-trade writing, with over 20 years of research, making him the perfect writer for the war-on-drugs setting of Wildlands. His novel Savages was picked up by a certain Oliver Stone and turned into a film, while several of his books have hit the #1 international best sellers, including The Power of the Dog and Savages.

NLHtdgR.gif

Wow, Colin has an army of fans that salivate at the thought of people getting triggered by something.

I mean it's obvious that it was never about making a joke in the grand scheme of things.

Ashby

My first big issue with BoTW popped up and it was finding out that
Epona
is only accessible through a fucking Amiibo. I assumed that would have been an awesome side quest reward but nope! Buy this Amiibo that's shot up in price since the game's release, you jerks.

silentg

This year's GOTY will end with everyone walking out and Brad trying to filibuster himself back and forth between BOTW and Destiny 2.

Listening to the bombcast, yeah people who thought jeff 'came around' on Zelda are wrong. I doubt he'll even still be playing it in a week.

Jeff straight up said "it's incredible" on the Bombcast. I think people only paid attention to his complaints and not him saying how much he likes the game despite them.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Just reading the responses like 75% of them are people excited by the idea of "SJWs" getting offended. He's really cultivating a great fanbase for Kinda Funny.
This is the irony of the whole thing. They are desperate for someone like Colin, because they are building their own comfort zone and there aren't many idiots like him out there to feed them.
Like...you can't really make a less creative joke on women's day and look how they love it.

What he doesn't realise, I think, is that this will put him into a certain corner you don't want to be in. Just read KF comments and replies to his tweets and you know where that is.

Mupod

it's a bit silly to be talking about GOTY discussions already but shit fuck someone in GBWest has to play Yakuza 0.

Meguro

Banned
I think the sad thing is that Colin doesn't mind being put in those corners.
The man isn't stupid, he knows exactly what crowd he is appealing to.
He just doesn't give a fuck.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jeff straight up said "it's incredible" on the Bombcast. I think people only paid attention to his complaints and not him saying how much he likes the game despite them.

He said the world they created and the changes they made are incredible. He did not say the game is incredible. He spoke far more often on the issues he had with it. You can admit something is incredible while its unappealing to you mostly because its Nintendo as a company that its incredible they're doing these things.

The stuff he hates in the game will only get more grating as the game goes on because its constant and it doesn't get much better. Listen to him talk about Horizon then listen to him talk about Zelda and its a totally different tone. He's nowhere near as excited about Zelda as he was about Horizon. He had a similar tone about Witcher 3.

My first big issue with BoTW popped up and it was finding out that
Epona
is only accessible through a fucking Amiibo. I assumed that would have been an awesome side quest reward but nope! Buy this Amiibo that's shot up in price since the game's release, you jerks.

I thought
the white royal horse was Epona. I named it that anyway, so whatever.

Catvoca

Banned

It seems like a bunch of youtubers don't mind pandering to that crowd as long as they stay popular.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
There are consequences, though. Certain developers get attacked by these crowds for their games or their identity, for example. I would probably think twice to guest there if I were a target at some point.

tuxfool

Banned
There are consequences, though. Certain developers get attacked by these crowds for their games or their identity, for example. I would probably think twice to guest there if I were a target at some point.

My guess is that they just won't get those kinds of guests. I find them to be corporate shills in general, so they're less likely to have the more vulnerable indie developers.

xkMnFZ2.png

drag him.

He said the world they created and the changes they made are incredible. He did not say the game is incredible. He spoke far more often on the issues he had with it. You can admit something is incredible while its unappealing to you mostly because its Nintendo as a company that its incredible they're doing these things.

The stuff he hates in the game will only get more grating as the game goes on because its constant and it doesn't get much better. Listen to him talk about Horizon then listen to him talk about Zelda and its a totally different tone. He's nowhere near as excited about Zelda as he was about Horizon. He had a similar tone about Witcher 3.

Here's the conversation, 0:55:20 into the video podcast:

Will: "I brought my switch here today so I could play it on the train on the way in"

Jeff: "I think it's awesome. I have problems with things around the edges, but what they have put together is pretty fucking incredible."

Ashby

Hmm

Jintor

I said it before but I love the idea of horizon, but every time I actually see it in motion the assassin's Creed ui and feeling of design really vibe through at me.

The thin white line UI stuff I'm really not fond of and it looks overground. I hear the dynamic HUD stuff is good though

I am officially loving Horizon, it was not clicking with me at all and I was starting to regret the purchase during the first few hours of tutorial stuff, but after the proving section something really clicked with me and I'm hooked. I wonder if it helps that I haven't played much Far Cry since 2, so I'm not really burnt out on the similarities between the two.

Still really want to play BotW, really like how focused it seems to be on exploration and just coming across new surprises in the world.

Dineren

Banned
Weird, apparently the Switch will start displaying the hours played on games after a week. Glad it's in there, but odd it's not just available from the start.

Catvoca

Banned
I was moaning about Will being back on the Bombcast this week but I ended up really enjoying it. There's so many games to talk about that the 3 hours flew by.

Xater

Haha, Dave lang bringing the heat.

Btw you know someone is an awful person when they say Atlas Shrugged formed them.

I was moaning about Will being back on the Bombcast this week but I ended up really enjoying it. There's so many games to talk about that the 3 hours flew by.

I always enjoy Will as a guest. He keeps up with thing pretty well, usually asks smart questions and is always super engaged.

oti

Banned
Could we please keep Waypoint and Colin out of this thread. I'm sure there are other threads about those topics.

Anticol

Banned
Are people really surprised of how Colin is? He is the definition of male white priviledge and of course no one in KF will say anything cause there is a large alt right population in videogames and thats the audience Colin is bringing to their videos, with the help of Nick.

I wanna see how Greg will defend him this time, will he use the popular "it was only a joke that's not how he is" or will he blame others like he did with the other twwet?

Meneses

Sub-tweeting is the lamest shit. If you need to put out your hot takes, have some nerve and engage the person instead of passive-aggressively fishing for compliments.

Good on Lang for actually replying to that guy.

Catvoca

Banned
Could we please keep Waypoint and Colin out of this thread. I'm sure there are other threads about those topics.

I mean the stuff I linked was tweets from Alex and Dave Lang. And Austin stuff is obviously still tangentially GB related. Should we go back to talking about GOTY stuff in march? 😉

Top Bottom