• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Mass Effect comes out in like 2 weeks

it is crazy that I feel like there's zero excitement for it. or maybe i'm projecting because i sure am not.

I've seen almost nothing from the pre-relelease stuff that makes me want to buy the game, it has had the complete opposite effect on me. I'll get nier on pc instead I guess.

hamchan

it is crazy that I feel like there's zero excitement for it. or maybe i'm projecting because i sure am not.

It seems like really unfortunate timing for Mass Effect, because everything they've shown has look janky or underwhelming, while every other game releasing around it is getting 90+ metacritic and meeting high expectations.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I couldn't possibly care less about the new Mass Effect, but I'd add "or anything else from Bioware since 2010" so I might not be the best judge.

J_Viper

I don't get it. I checked out Colin's twitter posts and there's nothing there that comes across as the least bit offensive.

Did he delete the post that's making everyone cry?

If you told me Spiders was developing it in Bioware's place, I would have believed it. It just looks rough.

When the best thing Brad could say about it during the Unfinished vid was "it has potential...", that's how you know things aren't quite right with that one.

I'm really hoping that Nier PC port is good.

Catvoca

Banned

I'm hyped as hell. There's lots of excitement in the ME threads (well that and people laughing at the animation lol)

Mr. F

Banned
I'm not sure Nintendo will ever prioritise storytelling in such a way where they'll emphasise a top-tier English voice cast the same way Sony and Microsoft's games tend to. Sadly.

At the very least they could have got Laura Bailey as Zelda. Bah.

I would have settled for mid-tier. It's really distracting having clearly young/middle aged people trying to perform as elderly people, sounds super hammy. It's like Guy Pearce in Prometheus but for audio.

Nah not crazy, not really feeling it either for some reason. The more they show the less confidence I have (those faces are rouuugh in spots, speaking of performances). Probably would wait for a sale, got my hands full with Zelda and persona soon.

dh4niel

Anyone having issues playing some of thier older videos on the site? I've been watching Metal Gear Scanlon 3 and parts 3 and 4 are just stuck loading. Nothing wrong on my end either.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm hoping there will be a lull in May where I can playthrough nier and nier: automata,

And then motherfucking tekken 7.

justjim89

I don't get it. I checked out Colin's twitter posts and there's nothing there that comes across as the least bit offensive.

Did he delete the post that's making everyone cry?

This tweet and this follow up is what's upsetting people and getting alluded to by Alex and others.

Basically he used the #ADayWithoutAWoman to make a shitty joke specifically to get replies from people that would find it upsetting, so he could then point and laugh at the "humorless sacks of shit" that didn't find his bad joke funny.

Fuck him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Persona then Prey and Tekken. Splatoon 2 will hopefully be pretty shortly after.

probably get that Lego City Rerelease too if it fixes the load time issues. Not much else I can think of that interests me for the rest of the year. New Mexico DLC for ATS but SCS always takes forever. Trying not to buy so much this year and be a little more picky since I fall off stuff so quickly.

silentg

I love this thread.

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda. Horizon got a fair few shit previews, especially over it's dodgy facial animations. Look how it turned out. Not saying it'll be the same but why be so negative.

I feel like a pub chat with Colin Moriarty would be chill until conversation turned to anything other than video games.

Also, love you Rudds...

honestly I'd take them nabbing Nick and Griffin from Polygon
Griff would never happen
and eating all the diversity backlash, as much as I reaaaaaaaaally wanna see a woman on the team

probably the only scenario I'd be ok with them not hiring a woman

Mr. F

Banned
honestly I'd take them nabbing Nick and Griffin from Polygon
Griff would never happen
and eating all the diversity backlash, as much as I reaaaaaaaaally wanna see a woman on the team

probably the only scenario I'd be ok with them not hiring a woman

I would be surprised if mcelroys and nick don't split from polygon at some point to do their own thing. Their videos blow polygon's other content out of the water viewership-wise by a crazy margin and they're not even a bit related to editorial content or whatever the fuck their mission statement is these days.

Catvoca

Banned
alex is basically a mcelroy so i dont know why you guys always get so sensitive about that

zFXqwxn.gif

Personally I thought it was a brilliant idea to sidestep the "you only hire middle age white dudes" comments from people wanting a women on the team last time by hiring a black dude.

Thats outside the box trolling right there.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Does it matter who they hire since they'll be gone in around 3 months anyways?

I hope they hire someone boring so that I don't get attached to them enough to be sad when they leave.
This is one of those bad jokes

...Man I wish Persona was on Switch.

Yeah that would be kind of cool but how many persona games has historically ended up on nintendo platforms? Persona Q (which was exclusive)?

I don't want Griffin at GB because everyone in this thread would complain about how he spends his time making comedy podcasts and filming TV shows instead of pumping out that good good premium #content.

Tokyo Drift appreciation became a lot less essential once they finally started making undeniably good Fast and Furious films

Fast Five for life

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I just hope DQXI doesn't look and run horrible on the switch. I'm ok with downgrades and 720p(handheld) /900p or 1080p(docked) at 30 fps but if it is as bad as dq heroes 2 then I'll be sad :(

The hostess club management minigame in Yakuza 0 is super fun and way better then the real estate thing. I wouldnt even call real estate a mini game. You just [ump money into it and get money out and fight dudes sometimes.

It also has the best music. I mean LISTEN TO THIS SHIT. I ALWAYS HAVE THE VOLUME AT 10000000 WHEN I PLAY THIS MINIGAME.

dncy1kuw.gif

I'm looking forward to it but I'm not excited, if that makes any sense.

dccjqsvn.png

There's still hope for Dan.

I would be surprised if mcelroys and nick don't split from polygon at some point to do their own thing. Their videos blow polygon's other content out of the water viewership-wise by a crazy margin and they're not even a bit related to editorial content or whatever the fuck their mission statement is these days.

I will be very surprised if Nick doesn't make it to Giant Bomb eventually, at any rate. Hell, his recent opinion videos feel like a fucking audition to prove he can talk about his feelings on games and platforms on video/audio in a convincing manner.

Top Bottom